March 2014 Moms

Gained a lot of weight Doctor is saying baby may be too big

I gained so far 60 pounds and I'm already in my 35th week. I still have time to go, however my Doctor has been scaring me saying she is worried my baby may be too big and there's a chance I may have to get a C-Section. I really rather not and want to deliver vaginally. Anyone else experiencing this?? Feedback please.

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Re: Gained a lot of weight Doctor is saying baby may be too big

• legallygingerlegallyginger member
    edited February 2014
    Thank goodness all of our experiences matter more than your doctor's opinion.

It is going to be a long six weeks ladies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Gah, cant even believe I am answering this. 

But weight gain does not mean a big baby. I have gained less than 6 lbs due to horrible HG and my baby is measuring big. My last 2 were 10lbs and 8 lbs, and did not gain with them either. In fact my last 2 pregnancies I was down about 40lbs. Just because you gain a lot of weight does not mean your are having a big baby. Or maybe it does, I am not a medical professional. 

• Excuse all of your rude comments but I wasn't asking medical advice. I am pretty smart to know that you all are not doctors! However as I read these forums I notice women experiencing similar situations so if you aren't having a similar situation don't comment!
  • Excuse all of your rude comments but I wasn't asking medical advice. I am pretty smart to know that you all are not doctors! However as I read these forums I notice women experiencing similar situations so if you aren't having a similar situation don't comment!
  • I gained so far 60 pounds and I'm already in my 35th week. I still have time to go, however my Doctor has been scaring me saying she is worried my baby may be too big and there's a chance I may have to get a C-Section. I really rather not and want to deliver vaginally. Anyone else experiencing this?? Feedback please.
    qfp
    this too ;)
  • Thank you for the feedback. It was a lot more helpful than most of these other posts.
  • I gained so far 60 pounds and I'mhim already in my 35th week. I still have time to go, however my Doctor has been scaring me saying she is worried my baby may be too big and there's a chance I may have to get a C-Section. I really rather not and want to deliver vaginally. Anyone else experiencing this?? Feedback please.

Excuse all of your rude comments but I wasn't asking medical advice. I am pretty smart to know that you all are not doctors! However as I read these forums I notice women experiencing similar situations so if you aren't having a similar situation don't comment!

If you're reading these forums and see other women with similar experiences, why make a new post about it?

Also, the thing about public forums is that anyone can respond to what you say. Because, you know, public.

For real!? Nobody here was rude. Why come on here and ask strangers that you've never met to confirm or debunk what your doctor is saying. I've been largely ignoring the drive by ridiculousness, but seriously...grow up and quit flagging people for being slightly sarcastic!
  • Then say nothing at all. This is for people that have experience with the same situation! Smh
  • I'm sorry your so bitter you spend time writing b.s on my timeline. Have a good day!
  • Then say nothing at all. This is for people that have experience with the same situation! Smh
    Oh I didn't know you created the rules here on this board.... have fun with that
  • I gained so far 60 pounds and I'm already in my 35th week. I still have time to go, however my Doctor has been scaring me saying she is worried my baby may be too big and there's a chance I may have to get a C-Section. I really rather not and want to deliver vaginally. Anyone else experiencing this?? Feedback please.
    What kind of feedback do you want?  Sorry your baby is big?  Sucks that you gained 60 pounds?

I've gained less weight than you and my baby is also measuring big.  Guess what?  There's absolutely nothing you can do about it.  I was upset at first, but if a scheduled c-section is the safest thing for me and LO, then that's what I need to do.  Nothing any of us can tell you is going to change that.

• Why did you flag @kirotea (who responded very nicely) and the other responders? The flag button isn't a dislike button. With that said, we aren't your personal OB. Just because you've gained 60 lbs doesn't mean you're having a large baby either. I would request a growth scan to get a better idea of the size of your baby. However, those aren't always accurate either. Like PP have said, every woman/pregnancy is different.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016

Do you really not understand what PUBLIC FORUM means?

No one was being rude. Yes, many mothers around the world are experiencing EXACTLY what you are experiencing. You know how much that affects your situation? Zero. You know who can tell you more about your situation? Your doctor.
  • I'm sorry your so bitter you spend time writing b.s on my timeline. Have a good day!

You have a timeline?

• FLAGS EVERYWHERE!! 

Lmfao! I didn't know The Bump was Facebook. Hmm.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016

You do realize you aren't on Facebook, right? Double check the URL at the top of your browser.
  • legallygingerlegallyginger member
    edited February 2014

I'm sorry your so bitter you spend time writing b.s on my timeline. Have a good day!

This isn't facebook. There are no timelines. Learn how to use the internet.

Damn, everyone else beat me to it. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get flagged for this one too.
  • I've only gained 5 lbs this whole pregnancy and LO is measuring three weeks ahead. So your weight really doesn't have much to do with it. Baby will grow how it wants.

Also, none of these responses have been rude. Grow a set and get over it! You're on a public forum and there have been plenty of similar posts. If you were on here more often, you'd see that. Think before you post or you're opening yourself to ridicule and "rude" responses.
    You do realize you aren't on Facebook, right? Double check the URL at the top of your browser.
    Oh for god sakes lady... why did you flag THIS post, or any post for that matter??  I don't think you understand the internet...
  • FLAGS EVERYWHERE!! 
    Somehow I ALWAYS miss the flag brigade.  Was I too helpful?  DAMNIT ARIA YOU'RE GETTING SOFT.
    flag brigade... haha
  • Oh dear God, you are having way to much fun with the flag button.

You do realize you can get banned for this.
    Please go.
  • I've only gained 5 lbs this whole pregnancy and LO is measuring three weeks ahead. So your weight really doesn't have much to do with it. Baby will grow how it wants. Also, none of these responses have been rude. Grow a set and get over it! You're on a public forum and there have been plenty of similar posts. If you were on here more often, you'd see that. Think before you post or you're opening yourself to ridicule and "rude" responses.
    LOL apparently telling her to "grow up" is considered abuse.

• Somebody's flag happy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"