March 2014 Moms

Target Completion Discount Vent

The Target completion discount card says it's good for one time use in store, and one time use online.  So, DH and I went to Target yesterday to buy all the remaining items off of our registry we could find, using our completion discount card.  When we paid, the cashier took the card along with all the coupons I used and put them in her drawer.  I realized this once we got home, and was annoyed because I hadn't had a chance to use it on an online purchase yet.  I called Target customer service today, explained what happened, and told them I needed a code to make a one-time online order to finish off my registry.  I was told that there was nothing they could do because the online and store codes must be used on the same day.  WTF?  It didn't say that on the card - it just said "good for one time in store and one time online."  It said nothing about having to place both orders on the same day.  I'm so pissed.  Guess I'll just put the remaining Target items on my Amazon registry and buy them with the Amazon discount, but still!  I usually don't have problems like this with Target customer service.  Grrr...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Target Completion Discount Vent

• The same thing happened to me! I used it in the store, and the lady put it in her drawer. I asked for it back bc I wanted to use it online. At first she wasn't going to give it to me. Then, she finally did. But, I haven't used it online yet and that was 2 weeks ago, so I guess I'm screwed! Ughhh
  • I hated my target registry all together! I gave up on the completion coupon and just used my red card.
    BabyName Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm really hoping the guy on the phone was wrong, and those of you that still need to make online purchases will be able to do so.  Hopefully he was just telling me that because he didn't want to give me a new code...
  • If I can find my completion coupon I will send you my code. I ended buying everything before receiving my discount/

• I never even got a completion card. I have to talk to someone the next time I go in and they're *supposed* to give me the discount.

• Wow, I've never had issues with Target. I made my online purchases like a week before using my discount in the store. Then in the store they still gave the card back to me. If anything I've had issues with BRU, I never got my completion coupon at all from them.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • yeah I never got my completion from BRU. I went in and complained and told them we would just go to BBB to get the rest of our stuff since we already got our discount from them. They gave me one in store. Still its only 10% and they were so over priced on everything we should have just gone somewhere else.
  • :( I'm sorry. I just did the exact same thing but the lady was still at her register when I went back so she got it out and wrote the code down for me. Also, pretty positive they don't have to be used in the same day, I think it's that you can use the in store coupon multiple times in the same day. Doesn't hurt to try putting everything in your "cart" and see if they take the code (those of you that got it back).
    Third Tri Feelings:
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • I never even bothered with my target completion. The only things I wanted from them was my furniture and mattress and I got them all at my shower.
    The customer service people for target suck. Whenever I call, I have issues. I've found that if you go in store and explain things directly to them, they're much more understanding.
  • codec said:
    If I can find my completion coupon I will send you my code. I ended buying everything before receiving my discount/
    That's so nice of you, thank you :)
    I never even got a completion card. I have to talk to someone the next time I go in and they're *supposed* to give me the discount.
    Hm, that's strange.  I got mine in the mail a few weeks ago.  It came in a booklet-type thing with other coupons and ads.  Hopefully it didn't get lost in the mail.  I hope they give you one (they should!).
    Wow, I've never had issues with Target. I made my online purchases like a week before using my discount in the store. Then in the store they still gave the card back to me. If anything I've had issues with BRU, I never got my completion coupon at all from them.
    See, that makes me think the customer service guy was just telling me a load of BS on the phone to get me to go away.  I just wish I hadn't forgotten to ask for my card back when I paid; this whole thing is mostly my fault. 

At this point, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to go ahead and buy the few remaining items I need from Amazon since I haven't used that discount yet.  I think the things I wanted from Target can be found on Amazon.  
  • that is annoying! I don't even know where I put my card...probably need to find that haha. 
  • Ugh that is lame.  On the phone, did you threaten to order everything from Amazon?  

• kstar83 said:

yeah I never got my completion from BRU. I went in and complained and told them we would just go to BBB to get the rest of our stuff since we already got our discount from them. They gave me one in store. Still its only 10% and they were so over priced on everything we should have just gone somewhere else.

I just went today. I closed out my registry and received my 15% coupon while I was at the store. I've never had a problem with them. I'm surprised they gave you such a difficult time. 

You got a 15% coupon??? Mine was only 10%!! Ughhhh....

• I was so disappointed with the Target registry in general. I kept getting multiple of the same gift and when I went in to return some things, they made me print my registry and every single item on my registry still showed as needed although my guests had taken it up to the counter and crossed it off my list. And the web showed correct, it was only the store printed one showing wrong. When I asked the girl I got a snotty answer about them having nothing to do with the registry service. I just went today and added some things and plan to use my 10% off close out coupon this weekend. Hopefully I don't have any issues.

• Target has been really pissing me off with the whole registry thing. Their website sucks.. The registry is hard to read and I got a lot of multiples because of it at my shower.

• laurstarx said:
    Target has been really pissing me off with the whole registry thing. Their website sucks.. The registry is hard to read and I got a lot of multiples because of it at my shower.
    We got a TON of multiples too.  I have no idea if there's just a delay in removing things off of the registry or what.  

• I haven't encountered this yet but I did encounter target never showing the video monitor being purchased and I got three! Super annoying!
    image         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Drensik Yes, I used the code online about a week before I used the code in store. I had quite a few things I could only purchase online and also figured DH didn't want to trudge through the store getting a cart load of things. 

@DRFleener I also had the same problem with getting multiples of the same item and it not showing up. It all worked out in returns though.

• I love Target but their registries suck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • There is an online sign up for text coupons that will send you an online 10% off code.
    Google it for the # to text.
  • I had a bad experience with Target registry too. Got multiple gifts, but the people didn't give gift receipts. They said there was some kind of $70/year limit you could return or exchange without a receipt! WTF?? And one of our items was about $80 but had since gone on sale for like $20, and since there was no gift receipt, we were out of luck. Really disappointed with them.
  • Reading all this, I'm so glad we went with Amazon for our registry! Did anyone use Target without any issues of duplicate items, trouble with returns, or confusing completion coupons?
  • With the multiples issue I was able to go online and you can change the amount of the item yourself, on how many were purchased. So I did that before returning things because I didn't have receipts either. Then they just returned from my registry with no issues.
  • Somehow I received 3 car seats. I went to return two of them, without a receipt. I was told they could only give me 39.98 for each because SOMEWHERE in their system it was on sale at that price. (Probably and open box item) I pointed out that 1. I could only buy the same car seat online for $129. 2. If it's on my registry as purchased there is a record of the price it was purchased for. I wot bore you with the argument and customer service phone calls I went through...but the end result was I had to ask a very generous coworker and vendor for gift receipts in order to return. They were happy to help, but come on! A multi billion dollar company can do better than that.

• I love Target but their registries suck.
    Ditto this.

Not registry related, but you might enjoy this conversation I had with target customer service I had trying to cancel my diaper subscription: (and this was the 3rd person I called):

"I need to cancel my diaper subscription- I can give you an order number if that is helpful"
    "This order never went though"
    "I know- it is a subscription and I still have time to cancel it"
    "but your Target card was declined"
    "I just talked to the Target credit card- they said that they didn't see any decline- and besides I'm current.  Anyways- I just want to make sure that you no longer send me any more diapers"
    "You can't cancel this subscription- it was never ordered"
    "so how do I have an order number?"
    "You can't cancel a subscription- you get it every month- that is why it is a subscription"
    "that doesn't make any sense- at some point my kid will be out of diapers- I can't subscribe to them forever... I must be able to cancel my subscription"
    "You can't cancel the description - that COMES with the product"
    "SUBSCRIPTION- not DESCRIPTION!!!"
    "please hold......................  ok- so you don't want to receive any more emails from target.com?"

I hung up.

• I had a bad experience with Target registry too. Got multiple gifts, but the people didn't give gift receipts. They said there was some kind of $70/year limit you could return or exchange without a receipt! WTF?? And one of our items was about $80 but had since gone on sale for like $20, and since there was no gift receipt, we were out of luck. Really disappointed with them.

For us we returned in store and there was a $70 limit without receipt PER ID we provided. So my H and I each got $70 gift cards for our returns, and my mother went back with me to return the rest of our items and they used her ID. Definitely a stupid rule but it helped.

I also wasn't totally pleased with target registry and my online order got a little botched, BUT I did call and get the text coupon for 10% and today I received a second 10% completion coupon??? They also handled my return OK and I made out in the end. Haven't tried using the second coupon yet.. But some mommas might wanna hold out and see if you get one.

Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"