March 2014 Moms

I'd give anything...what would you give?

You know the saying, "I'd give anything..."
So, what would you give to know when baby is coming?
I'd give my box of Somoas. That's saying A LOT!
Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
SHE STUCK!
4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
*~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I'd give anything...what would you give?

• I'm probably crazy but I don't think I want to know.. that's just how terrified I am of labor. I want it to be a surprise, I think I'll handle it better that way. I am so scared of my doctor wanting to induce me... BP you better stay down!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm also having a scheduled c-section so I already know. I'd give anything NOT to know, because that means I'd actually be able to try a vaginal birth :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I have a tendency to freak out bad when I know something super stressful is going to happen. I'd probably end up giving myself a panic attack and complicating labor if I know the exact time my little girl was going to make her big debut...
    March 26th, 2014
    9:38am CST
    7 lbs 0.8 oz
    19.75" long
  • All I'd have to give is notice to my OB that I don't want to be pregnant anymore & he'd give me a date to be induced. My local hospital is SUPER induction happy. I honestly can't remember the last person I knew to have a baby there, who wasn't induced. (Not saying I know EVERYONE in town, but 2/2 of the girls on FB who had babies last week were induced before 40 weeks)
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I don't want to know I love surprises :)
  • I've got a bunch of boxes in my dining room:) Last year my daughter sold 750 boxes!!! 
    Bless,
    Kate
    Cloth-diapering, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, attachment-parenting momma.
    Beachbody Coach, TurboKick and Hip Hop Hustle Instructor. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Blog | Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I think if I knew the exact day I'd have a panic attack the night before.

Yep I think I'm just going to be on the floor in the corner rocking back and forth all Sunday and Monday.

Seriously, be glad you don't know.

• I have a tendency to freak out bad when I know something super stressful is going to happen. I'd probably end up giving myself a panic attack and complicating labor if I know the exact time my little girl was going to make her big debut...

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kelley72kelley72 member
    edited February 2014

I want to know but yes really knowing would be awful!  It is so much fun to think about when, where, how...

* want to edit/add Not awful but just less climatic at this point... and I do love a good climax

• I'm kind of excited that this will be a surprise. I keep wondering- where will I be, what day, time, how will it go, will I be with DH when it starts? I'm excited about this lol
    I can't claim to be a super planner, but I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out. 

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• I don't mind not knowing. It just doesn't bother me. I also don't think I'd be panicked by knowing. ::shrug::

I guess if I could know for free, I would, but I wouldn't pay anything for it, either.
  • I'm way to A Type/OCD/perfectionist ... Knowing would throw me over the edge. lol
  • I'm good with not knowing. Surprises are the best part. 

• I just want to know just for logistic purposes. We have so many scenarios with work and what to do with DD on certain days/times, that I'm nervous about that aspect of it. I LOVE surprises too...but not when I'm not sure I'll get to the hospital in time because of DD. Does that make sense?

SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

• Wow, who knew the UO would be wanting to know!

Normally I would love the surprise (like last time), but with me being so far from the hospital this time, I would give my brand new tub of chocolate brownie caramel ice cream to know the exact date.

• I just want to know just for logistic purposes. We have so many scenarios with work and what to do with DD on certain days/times, that I'm nervous about that aspect of it. I LOVE surprises too...but not when I'm not sure I'll get to the hospital in time because of DD. Does that make sense?
    Yeah, it's really nice being able to make a detailed schedule for DD and our dogs and know who is going to be taking care of them when I'm at the hospital.  But I'm pretty sure I'll have a really hard time sleeping the night before!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm scheduled for the 7th but am convinced he is coming earlier...for absolutely no medical reason at all. I would actually prefer he did come a few days sooner because if not, I am going to be scared to death the day/night before knowing I'm heading in for surgery the following day. If he decides to surprise us and get here sooner I won't have the prep time to freak out! So overall id give a whole lot to not know when he is coming but to know in the back of my head that it can't be later than the 7th!
  • @katykatykaty ZOMFG between your mention of grandy's cinnamon rolls and a previous discussion about shipley's donuts, i'm regretting moving away from the south. also see: sonic and tex-mex food.
    Pregnancy Ticker  image

3rd Tri Feelings

But I'm pretty sure I'll have a really hard time sleeping the night before!

Yes, that's true. I'm not sleeping well anyway due to carpal tunnel and some sort of tennis elbow...so I wouldn't be missing much. When pregnant with DD, I wasn't worried too much about our dog, but now we have DD to worry about! Totally different focus now.

SHE STUCK!

• clo1982 said:
    I'm scheduled for the 7th but am convinced he is coming earlier...for absolutely no medical reason at all. I would actually prefer he did come a few days sooner because if not, I am going to be scared to death the day/night before knowing I'm heading in for surgery the following day. If he decides to surprise us and get here sooner I won't have the prep time to freak out! So overall id give a whole lot to not know when he is coming but to know in the back of my head that it can't be later than the 7th!
    I'm scheduled for the 7th, too, @clo1982.  But I'm hoping he stays in until then!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I like being surprised because like pp I would freak out the night before. But as I was waddling around grocery shopping and doing errands today, I had this huge fear of my water breaking in the middle of the store.

So half of me would like to know and the other half would be to scared.
  • I would rather not know. I imagine my world would kinda stop spinning and I'd be in countdown to baby mode. Which might not be a terrible thing because maybe I would get some stuff
    finished.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • kirotea said:
    Yeah, I'm ok with not knowing. Especially since I am planning on still working so I'm going to have too much fun saying "oh sorry I can't work - it's baby time, bitches!"
    I can't wait for this either!  Its like they refuse to believe that I am going on leave soon.  Today, I told them that I have, at most, 19 work days left.  I don't want her to come early, but just a couple of days would be nice, so I can truly shock them.  

imageimage

• kirotea said:
    Yeah, I'm ok with not knowing. Especially since I am planning on still working so I'm going to have too much fun saying "oh sorry I can't work - it's baby time, bitches!"

Last time the ONLY day I couldn't miss was the day dd arrived, three weeks early. I had 4 huge meetings scheduled back to back after which I was pretty much done with important things and could coast until leave. It was nerve wracking for me since I don't have the type of job where someone comes in to take over while I'm out. I was updating my boss while hooked up to fluids with nurses coming in and out of the room. I'm definitely more prepared this time just in case!
  • I like the suspense and surprise of it all so I don't mind not knowing. I am also only 36w so ask me again in 2-3 weeks and my answer may change!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I don't mind not knowing. I'd give anything to not have my water break in public or on something uncleanable if that counts for anything. Hahah

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"