January 2013 Moms

Wicked diaper rash

DD, DH and I have had a wicked flu bug for the last week. DD Is on the mend but still having watery diarrhea. As such, she has a terrible diaper rash. It looks horrible. We have been using extra strength Desitin, But it still looks awful. I am letting her sit around without a diaper after her baths to let it air out. Any suggestions on treatment or creams that you have used that work well for very bad diaper rash?
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Wicked diaper rash

• My ped recommended a mix of 1/2 c desitin, 1/2 tsp maalox, a squirt of hydrocortisone and a squirt if bacitracin. ( I mixed it all up in a baby food jar) works wonders.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • the dr had once told me to use cortisone twice a day and desitin or triple paste...i used the cortisone in the morning and her last diaper before bed...it worked......
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • If it doesn't get better with the treatments recommended by PP, have the pedi look at it in case it's yeast. My LO had a terrible diaper rash once that wouldn't clear up, and it turned out to be yeast. We got an Rx for a combination cortisone/anti-fungal cream, and that cleared it right up!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Resinol is a lifesaver for us. You have to get it from a pharmacy but you don't need a prescription. Seriously it's gone after 1 application.
    BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My DD's sad little tush appreciates the help!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • We use Aveeno Oatmeal bath for Baby. It's so soothing, I am a nurse and I even notice a difference in my dry/cracked hands (from all the alcohol hand sanitizer) after giving DS a bath with it.  Then we use a thin layer of A&D followed by a thick layer of Triple Paste.  Works like a charm.  On the other hand, if it is yeast you may need a script to clear it up. Good luck mamma!

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• ==N== said:
    My ped recommended a mix of 1/2 c desitin, 1/2 tsp maalox, a squirt of hydrocortisone and a squirt if bacitracin. ( I mixed it all up in a baby food jar) works wonders.
    We use this magic butt paste recipe and it works almost every time! Unless it's a yeast rash, then it needs a little extra help!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• jobiann said:

==N== said:

My ped recommended a mix of 1/2 c desitin, 1/2 tsp maalox, a squirt of hydrocortisone and a squirt if bacitracin. ( I mixed it all up in a baby food jar) works wonders.

We use this magic butt paste recipe and it works almost every time! Unless it's a yeast rash, then it needs a little extra help!

Oh yes. If it's yeast we alternate this and lotrimin!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I use coconut oil and then some triple paste. Coconut oil will also help if it's yeast. You can also try plain Greek yogurt to treat yeast. It helped my son and the coolness of the yogurt was soothing on his poor bum.

• It really will depend on the type of rash. There are several, but as far as a catch-all cream, the magic paste described above outta do it. ;-) My DD had the most bizarre rash once after a stomach bug that turned out to be yeast, and a bit of air time, Lotrimin, then Vaseline over top to keep the Lotrimin in place/seal it in cleared that bugger up in less than 12 hours. :-)
  • I may be too late responding but I really like butt paste. I know it's expensive, but desitin is like water to me after using that stuff. I also will let malox dry on there and then load her up on butt paste and use corn starch all over that to keep it dry. Also, you may want to rinse out your wipes because even the "sensitive" ones can be too harsh on a rash that's trying to heal. Good luck!
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• DS is recovering from a bad diaper rash. I just tried Boudreaux's Butt Paste for the first time and like it much better than Desitin.
  • Triple paste, lotrimin and probiotics.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"