May 2014 Moms
Options

Oh no.. A lurker guestion.. tmi

This may be tmi, especially since I rarely ever post, but here we go anyway. I have a bad smell coming from my lady bits. I bathe once a say, and wipe very good after using the restroom, but it's always there. I didn't have this with ds1. I am just wanting to know if this is normal, because with my job it is very difficult to get out of work to go to the doctor. Any insight is appreciated :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Our lives are made in these small hours, these little wonders, these twists and turns of fate.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Oh no.. A lurker guestion.. tmi

• Options
    Ps. Sorry for crappy formatting and grammar, posting from a phone is hard, which is why I rarely post anything.

Our lives are made in these small hours, these little wonders, these twists and turns of fate.
  • Options
    It could possibly be an infection. If you go to an urgent care (open later than doctors and don't have to make an appt so wouldn't have to take time off) they should be able to treat it, if that's what it is.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been told odor can be an indication of infection. As well as itching, burning, colored discharge, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Could be an infection. Go see a doc, you're pregnant so your job should be understanding of you needing to go to the doctor for whatever reason.

• Options
    Not normal. Go to your doctor. Vaginal infections are bad news anytime but especially during pregnancy.
  • Options
    I've had BV twice and there is an unmistakeably bad smell with it. Get thee to an OB!

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    Lol thanks guys. I'm in a 3-week training period where if I miss a day I could be fired. I do go to an ob-gyn but I'm trying not to miss work as much as possible. I'm gonna see if they'll make an exception for me to leave a couple of hrs and come back. There's just an odor, no itchiness or other discomforts. Thanks again for your suggestions and I promise not to post pics of anything that's nasty since I don't even take pics of those things myself haha.

• Options
    The issues with vaginal or urinary infections during pregnancy is that you often miss some of the classic symptoms (itching, burning sensation, etc), but the potential complications are much more severe.  Something as simple as a UTI could cause pre-term labor and an infection could complicate your baby's health if you end up delivering early as a result. 

I know you're in a sticky situation with your job right now, but you really need to go see a doctor; even if it's an Urgent Care doc that you see after your work hours.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm gonna look around to see if there are any urgent care places around here that accept my insurance. There's not many options seeing as I live in a small town. If there isn't I will see if I can be seen quickly before work.

• Options
    I've had BV twice and there is an unmistakeably bad smell with it. Get thee to an OB!
    I just finished up Metro gel for "bacterial imbalance" that wasn't diagnosed as BV but I didn't have anything other than spotting. Although I did have what I thought was major RLP that seems to have gone way down in conjunction with the meds. Now I'm thinking holy crap maybe I couldn't smell it!!??! I think I need to go cry in disgust/shame. DH never mentioned a smell and he's not shy about saying I need more deodorant, crap I feel all nasty now!!! Threadjack over.
  • Options
    Just an update, I finally got the chance to see my doc. They swabbed and everything and the results came back as normal. Just another pregnancy mystery I guess.

• Options
    ljbreck said:

I just finished up Metro gel for "bacterial imbalance" that wasn't diagnosed as BV but I didn't have anything other than spotting. Although I did have what I thought was major RLP that seems to have gone way down in conjunction with the meds. Now I'm thinking holy crap maybe I couldn't smell it!!??! I think I need to go cry in disgust/shame. DH never mentioned a smell and he's not shy about saying I need more deodorant, crap I feel all nasty now!!! Threadjack over.

actually my friend had it and hers didn't smell. i forgot what led her to the doctor. so it's possible you had an imbalance without smell. but if the smell is there...it's very, ah, shall we say, distinct.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    I had this same problem, noticed it smelled different (no itching, discharge, etc), but after many swabs, urine samples, etc nothing was found. So, I blame it on the extra vitamins and stuff :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me during my first pregnancy with DD. It sometimes can be caused by prenatal vitamins and all the hormonal changes your body is going through. As soon as I gave birth it went away the same day! I don't have that issue this time around thank goodness.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"