VBAC

Hi ladies question and intro

Hi ladies, this is my third child and going for the vbac. My first was a 34 weeker , 2nd was a c because of breech presentation.
Dr said it's fine to do vbac but my 1st was a preemie and not a 8 lb baby. Umm ok. If I can have a 5.10 lb baby naturally I think maybe I could handle another hopefully bigger.
Anyone do vbac after 1st was a preemie?
1st loss 8/31
2nd pregnancy -TWINS lost DD1 twin at 8 weeks 6 days DD1 born 6 weeks early
3rd pregnancy- TWINS AGAIN lost both babies at 9 week appt
4th pregnancy- singleton- born at 38 weeks 1 day with the help of weekly 17P injections
5th pregnancy- CP in June
6th pregnancy It's a BOY

Re: Hi ladies question and intro

• I guess I should say after having one preemie vaginally then a c with 2nd
    1st loss 8/31
    2nd pregnancy -TWINS lost DD1 twin at 8 weeks 6 days DD1 born 6 weeks early
    3rd pregnancy- TWINS AGAIN lost both babies at 9 week appt
    4th pregnancy- singleton- born at 38 weeks 1 day with the help of weekly 17P injections
    5th pregnancy- CP in June
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

• Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited February 2014
    I don't have the experience you are looking for (I am attempting VBAC after a preemie, but my preemie was born via c-section and I haven't had any other children), but from what I understand: in most vaginal birth cases the size/weight of a typical baby has very little to do with anything unless the baby is atypically large and your pelvis is atypically small. 

According to ACOG, birth weights of prior children may be a topic of conversation with your care provider when discussing a potential VBAC, but macrosomia (basically meaning a large baby--8 lb. 13 oz. or more) in itself is not a reason to preclude VBAC as an option. 

It's also very difficult to predict how large your baby will be before it's born. Even predictions made via ultrasound can be very inaccurate (even by a pound or two). Mine was measuring in the 70th percentile at my 28 week growth check and my perinatologist told me they don't even begin to "worry" unless your baby exceeds the 85th percentile. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"