February 2014 Moms
Options

Our ice storm baby

We had our girl, Aven Rose, on Tuesday in the middle of the Georgia snow and ice storm. She was 8 pounds 11 ounces so the repeat c-section was a good call. She is doing great and I had a great experience with the hospital and my recovery. We were able to come home Thursday after the ice melted and I'm glad to be home with her.
The hardest part for me was being separated from my son because he was snow/iced in at home. 
I've been eating turkey sandwiches non stop and still craving jello because that was the first thing I ate after having her.
Hope everyone is doing well with their babies and good luck to everyone that is still waiting to get to meet theirs! I realize this photo is enormous. I've never attached one. Instead of resizing I'm just going with it or I'll never get around to posting this.

My Blog (that is not really about eating in the shower)

Re: Our ice storm baby

• Options
    Congratulations! Glad your recovery is going well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    congrats!

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    she's beautiful! congrats!

And then there were three...

• Options
    Sweet baby girl!!! Congrats!
  • Options
    What a cutie! Congrats!

F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Congrats!
    Married July 2008
    IVF started Jan. 2013, 14 retrieved, 9 mature, 6 fertilized
    BFP #1: 3/18/13 MMC at 5 weeks
    BFP #2: 6/10/13  Thank God for our precious daughter! She's more than I could have asked for!

• Options
    Congrats!

Lilypie - (jCE1)

Lilypie - (mQ2I)

Daisypath - (hLYb)

• Options
    She's gorgeous! Congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats! I had my ice baby on Monday night just before the snow/ice set in. L&D was packed that night with everyone trying to beat the weather! I was grateful for the scheduled c/s as well so I didn't have to worry. But after that night, it was eerily quiet in the hospital- no one coming/going. We were the only ones on our hall- all the drs and nurses had to room in for the duration so they occupied the other rooms. They even offered us EMS transport home on Thur but we opted to stay another night. Definitely a surreal experience!

• Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    So cute! Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congratulations! She's gorgeous!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats! I had my ice baby on Monday night just before the snow/ice set in. L&D was packed that night with everyone trying to beat the weather! I was grateful for the scheduled c/s as well so I didn't have to worry. But after that night, it was eerily quiet in the hospital- no one coming/going. We were the only ones on our hall- all the drs and nurses had to room in for the duration so they occupied the other rooms. They even offered us EMS transport home on Thur but we opted to stay another night. Definitely a surreal experience!
    Same here! The nurses were all sleeping there for two days and I believe that helped make it super quiet. No one was going around slamming doors or yelling down the halls when they were worried about waking their co-workers!
    Laying in bed and watching the snow fall outside my window was a peaceful way to spend the time.

My Blog (that is not really about eating in the shower)
  • Options
    Congratulations! She's so cute!
  • Options
    Congrats!
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    Congratulations!
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"