Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Glider/Recliner/Rocker

What did you get? Are you happy with it or do you wish you chose something else?
I want a glider/recliner combo that looks more like a regular chair so that we could use it in the living room once the baby is older. But I'm a first time mom so not really sure what I need!
Any recommendations?

Re: Glider/Recliner/Rocker

• Options
    I honestly rarely used mine during the infant months, because DS was in our room for 4 months and I fed him in bed, a lot of times I would feed him in the living room and watch tv. I got an upholstered glider online at target with an ottoman and we now use it at the toddler stage to read books before bed. Now I just wish it was wider since we sit on it together. I think it's great if you have one that you could use else where in your house later.
  • Options
    I have a glider from Target, it's creaky and I can't stand it. I wish I would have purchased an upholstered rocker.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a Best Home Furnishings Tryp glider recliner. It is fully upholstered, reclines nearly flat, and is wonderful! It will go in the living room once we are done with littles.
  • Options
    I have recliner rockers from LazyBoy - had them before the baby & just rearranged the house. The set is no longer together in one room. Lower back support & arm support is key in whatever you get. Scotch guarding fabric is also a great thing if is upholstered.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I wasn't sure how often I'd use one, so I found a Dutilier glider/ottoman on Craigslist for $60.  It's in good shape, I'm just going to make slipcovers so it matches the decor.  I figure this way, I can get rid of it guilt free if I find I don't like/use it all that much, and if I do, I can upgrade to a nicer/more expensive glider/recliner in the future.
  • Options
    Thanks all! So helpful! For those who bought the Tryp recliner, do you remember how much you paid? I called the store near me that carries them and they said they start at 600 and go up to about 800. Just wondering if I should shop around or that is a good price. 
  • Options
    jldcjs said:

Thanks all! So helpful! For those who bought the Tryp recliner, do you remember how much you paid? I called the store near me that carries them and they said they start at 600 and go up to about 800. Just wondering if I should shop around or that is a good price. 

We bought ours at Buy Buy Baby with a 20% off coupon, I think it was $700 before the coupon. That was with a basic microfiber suede-like fabric that was ordered for us, since they only keep one color in stock at the store.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Got the Tryp today! Well, we ordered it, but it won't be in for a while. Very excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"