Babies on the Brain
Options

How old were you when you had your first baby?

2»

Re: How old were you when you had your first baby?

• Options
    27, then 29 with #2.
  • Options
    With #1 I was 30, DH was 35; With #2 I was 32.5 DH was 37

We want a third, so I think I will probably 35 by the time the next one comes and DH will be 40.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    26 for our daughter, and I will be 29 when our son is born.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    With my first, 1 was 4 days from 19, and with my second, I was 21.  I'm now 27 and we are TTC #3.
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
      DS #1 born 8/3/06, DS #2 born 10/2/08
    TTC since 8/13 BFP 11/27/13, EDD: 8/3/14
    US 12/9 found 2 Gestational Sacs, MC 12/10/13 6w3d
    BFP #4 5/15/14, EDD: 1/25/14, HB 6/4/14 Movement 8/13/14
    All Welcome

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image
  • Options
    I was 26

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just turn 29 the week before our 1st was born and I was 32 with our second.  We are planning on having our 3rd before I turn 35 next May. We'll see how long it takes to get pg. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I was 21.
    My prince

My princess

Name my baby!
  • Options
    17 for my first. I had just turned 20 for my second. And 23 for my third.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13
                                           Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

• Options
    I had my first at 29 and my 2nd at 32.  I had an unplanned pregnancy when I was 33, but found out I lost the baby at 12 weeks.  It has been a year since my miscarriage and we are trying again.  I'm 34.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

BFP#3 12/09/12 - EDD 8/11/2013 - D&C @ 12w :: BFP #4 2/17/14 - EDD 10/28/2014 - M/C @ 6w

• Options
    bosco213bosco213 member
    edited February 2014
    Definitely agree with those who say its regional! We live near Philly, I'll be 26 next week, DH is 27 and were trying in the spring...we don't even know anyone who's married yet! All of our friends think we're too young but we're ready :)
    Me - 26 
    DH - 27

TTC #1 since July 2014
    BFP! Oct 18, EDD July 2, 2015

It's a GIRL!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    26 with my first and 28 with my second. If we are blessed with a third I will be 32+.
  • Options
    I got pregnant with baby #1 when I was 27. He became an angel baby. 
    #2 I was 28. #3 we will be starting soon and I will be 30 in may.
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had my daughter in October (2012) and I turned 26 in August of that year. 

Married: June 25, 2011 
    Our beautiful girl came into our lives October 15, 2012 
    TFAS: March 2014 
    BFP #2 July 2014 Miscarriage (6 weeks) August 2014 
    BFP #3 September 2014 Chemical Pregnancy September 2014 
    Seeing the RE: February 2015 
    Diagnosis PCOS: February 2015

BFP #4 April 2015 Chemical Pregnancy April 2015
    BFP #5 June 2015 EDD: 3/5/16
    Our rainbow baby came into our lives February 27, 2016
    BFP #6 January 2018 Miscarriage (7 weeks) February 2018
    BFP #7 April 2018 EDD: 12/23/18

• Options
    I just turned 34 and I'm on month 3 of TTC. I'm hoping to sneak this bugger in before I turn 35... but we'll see.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm 26 and DH is 27....we just had our firsts!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• Options
    I was 35 with the first and 37 with the second one.  I know plenty of people who had kids in their early 20s and quite a few who waited until 40+.  I agree with @mb315 that there are pros and cons to starting at whatever age and it is very specific to each person's situation and preferences and none of anyone else's business.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    laurakaz13laurakaz13 member
    edited February 2014

36 and DH was 38. 

I also agree that it's regional.  I'm from the Northeast and everyone I know was working on advanced degrees or big time jobs in cities during their 20s.  I only have one friend who was married younger than 30. 

• Options
    I will be 26 in May and we are on our first cycle ttc #1. DH just turned 31. It is definitely regional and a big cultural thing too. I come from a culture of young marriages and young babies, but even that is starting to change a bit. Between my generation and my parents, there has been a 5-7 year shift. Lots more couples are having their first at 21-25, rather than my parents, who had their first when my mom was 19 and my dad was 20, way back in 1980. I am #4 and the last for my parents, and I was born when my mom was 27 and my dad was 29. 

I think that we're seeing a push back because 1) women want to do more with their lives before they get married and have babies. I got married 2 weeks after turning 24, and that was waiting a while for our culture - my poor husband was 29...he was the really old one! I wanted to finish college and work a while and ***gasp*** spend some time as newlyweds before taking the baby plunge. 

Now, after 1.5 years of marriage, paying off a lot of debt, and getting a stable job and health insurance, we are ready to have a baby. We won't have to be on food stamps, we can afford a $200 car seat and $500 stroller if we want it, and our baby won't wear Goodwill clothes. Not that there is anything wrong with food stamps or Goodwill clothes - that's what I was born into when my dad was finishing dental school - but I think there is something wrong with a culture that expects first-time parents to be so young that they can't afford to clothe or feed their kid, and waiting to actually save money for a baby is unusual. I think it should be the other way around, Unfortunately, with many of my older siblings and cousins and friends, that's not the case. We waited until we could provide for our child, and it gives me peace of mind to know that we are actually saving for our baby's college fund before s/he is even conceived. 
  • Options
    I was 17 when I had my daughter. Me and her father now fiance are ttc with baby #2. I'm now 20.
  • Options
    @foreignservicewife - I am just curious where you are from? A few parts in your post sounded like it could be outside of the US.... but some things sound like the rural south. I live in the south and it is very normal to have a first before 25 or be married right out of high school. I have actually had people ask if we were having trouble ttc because we have been married a few years and don't have a baby - I am 24 and we weren't ready before now. It's truly strange. 
  • Options
    Our transfer for IVF #3 is tomorrow (assuming that we have something to transfer) , so hopefully I'll be 31 and he'll have just turned 32.
    And it looks like I'll be at least 32, I fucking hate IF.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    @TheCrafyKoala My huge extended family is from the rural Northwest - eastern Washington, to be specific, but my immediate family moved to Portland before I was born. Our religion plays a huge role in all of this too. I think parts of the south and rural Northwest `are much the same in this regard. Everyone seems to think that all of Oregon and Washington is just like hipster Portland or Seattle, but in reality that's not the case. Huge swaths of the state are rural farming/logging with low education and low income, unfortunately. 
  • Options
    I was 16 when I had my daughter. I'm turning 23 next month. I've never been in a rush to have more after having her since I've always known I had her too young. I'm married not and in what the DH and I feel is the best time for a baby so we are TTC. 
    I feel like 6 years is plenty of time in between kids. My brothers oldest is 23 and his youngest is Due tomorrow. Between me and my sister we have about a 20 year age gap. I really don't want a baby of my own on one hip and a grand baby on the other hip like my mother did.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    i was 21  when i had my first

22 when i had my second

25 when i had my 3rd

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Turned 31 less than 2 months before she was born.  I want to have another 2 before 35, don't think I will make it though!  :P  Now I understand more than ever why it is good to still be young-- dang it takes a lot to keep up with her and she's not even walking yet.  Glad I didn't wait any longer than I did... in fact I don't think it would have hurt to start earlier.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    photo fallinginlove_zps8333e154.jpgimageimage
  • Options
    27 with #1 and planning on trying for #2 when I (finally) graduate college which will be when I am 29.  Don't worry about age, it's all about when you and your SO are ready!
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • Options
    Don't listen to them!  I had DD when I was 24 and I will be 31, almost 32 when DS is born.  I feel like I was too young when I had DD.  I now feel the late 20's/early 30's is the perfect time to start a family. 
    ~Jessica~ 

• Options
    Thanks everyone for responding! I appreciate all the insight. :)
  • Options
    22, almost on the dot, best birthday present ever. :)
  • Options
    I was 24 when DS was born, 25 when I miscarried and if everything goes according to plan, between 29 and 30 with number 2.
  • Options
    I was 22 when I had my first. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I'm 26 and DH is 32 we are working on TTC baby #1. But don't let people make you feel like you're running out of time! My parents had me when they were 30 and my neighbor and her DH were TTC for 18 years!!! They finally gave up and then got ku at 41 years old! Their daughter is 10 years old and she is brilliant and beautiful.
    My family so far!
    Peace, love, and happiness

• Options
    32 with DS.  Now 36, turning 37 in April.  
    First we had you.

Then we had you.

Now we are complete.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"