January 2013 Moms
Options

Snoooooow!!! Lets hear your stories!

Las135Las135 member
edited February 2014 in January 2013 Moms
Just wondering how all of us East Coast Ladies are weathering this storm!!! I personally love it, but then again I love winter and cold weather in general.  I am an ER nurse, so i'm considered an essential employee (boooo!), and DH is a Fireman so he is as well, so there was no calling out or cancelled work for us. I stood outside the hospital ambo entrance watching the large flakes falling down, piling up higher and higher in front of my car.  The plows going up and down the parking lot piling more snow in front of my bumper. I got off work this morning and luckily my relief showed up so I wasn't forced to stay since i'm off for the next three. After shoveling my car out with a cafeteria lunch tray, I had to drive home in over foot of snow..... and it was glorious! It was so quiet, no other cars on the road, No beeping of cardiac monitors, no screaming patients...  just me and white fluffy road, slipping and sliding, and not a care at all. It was so peaceful driving home. Then the snow stopped all day, and we were able to dig ourselves out a bit, and go pick DS up from my parents.  Oh how I missed him so.

But then tonight at 7 it started again with a vengeance, and is currently piling more snow on us.  I however, am sitting in my living room snuggled up with my pitbull next to the fireplace with a bottle of wine, actually make that 2 bottles. DS is soundly sleeping upstairs, and Hubs is on the other side of the couch lounging out after a long day of shoveling, and knowing he will have to do it all over again tomorrow!!! 

I send a huge thank you out to all the men and women who work to clear the roads for us to travel, and all the doctors, nurses, firefighters, police officers, paramedics etc. who selflessly travel out in this mess to take care of our love ones. 

What did everyone else do today! I wanna hear some fun stories! 

Here is a pic of hubs this morning shoveling a path from our SUV's to the house, after working 24 hours he still had the energy, god bless him!!! 

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

Re: Snoooooow!!! Lets hear your stories!

• Options
    I'm in central NC so we rarely see snow that amounts to anything more than dust. We got 6-7 inches and I'm loving it. Because everyone freaks out the minute the weather man says the "S word," everything is closed. Our office closed Tues at 1:30, and then all day yesterday, and opening late today. Daycare is of course closed today, so it'll probably be another snow day for me, unless I find someone to watch DD... Not really trying all that hard;) Even the local government is still closed, lol. I think it's funny, but I'm also amazed how you guys go out in so much snow! Guess its what you're used to... Life of a southerner haha.
    Anyway, DD has been sick so we didn't want to risk her getting worse or backtrack on the progress she has made, so no playing outside for us:(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My kid is going to be in school until almost July, I'm sure. So ready for spring.

On the plus side, at my new job We close for snow. At my old job (a hardware store) we had to be open during storms so people could buy ice melt/shovels etc.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jobiannjobiann member
    edited February 2014
    Just wanted to say I feel for you ladies! I live in the midwest and we are getting another few inches of white fluffy stuff today on top of the 14-16 inches we already had on the ground and another few inches are in the forecast for tomorrow. But next week we are supposed to break into the high 40's and low 50's. I'm so excited!

Be safe today!

BTW @Las135 nice car, we have the same. This is my first winter with it and it does wonderfully in the snow!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm so utterly and completely jealous of you snow-getters!  I love fall and winter weather, and we have had nada this year in northern California, just a stupid drought. It's not naivete on my part, I have lived in the northwest, on the East Coast, and Alaska, and have worked in the Arctic...and I just love northern climates. @Las135, I loved reading your snow adventure!  Please share more and I'll just have to hate you all :).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I live in IL and I'm sick of the snow and COLD. We are dealing with repairs from a burst pipe and it is no fun. So sick of this winter already. PSA: if it's cold, keep those faucets dripping (although we did and a toilet pipe still burst, oh well).
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    i'm so done with snow...i used to love winter, but not anymore....last winter wasn't bad for me since dd and i were inside all winter with maternity leave
    and my love of snow has waned since being able to drive....
    we had a work from home day yesterday, but most of the day if it wasn't snowing, it was raining, so i didn't have a chance to take sophia out in the snow....i haven't had a chance to yet all winter!
    we have a snow suit and boots and a sled and everything....considering we got like, 20" yesterday, we should have plenty of snow through the long weekend, so i'm hoping to get her out in the snow this weekend
    other than that, i'm actually ready for spring...not summer though....ugh i hate hot more than shoveling

• Options

I do love the snow.....as long as I can stay home and not have to drive in it.  I left work early yesterday because DC was closing early (and none of our patients were showing up).  My normally 25 minute drive how took 2 hours.  I kept running into closed roads.  It was awful.  Poor DS was napping when I got to DC, so I had to wake him up just to have him sit in the car for 2 hours.  Let's just say no one was happy by the time we got home.

Now if I wasn't working and could enjoy watching the flakes fall with some hot chocolate in my hands, I would love all snow storms. 

Right now the snow is piled so high outside that you can not see out to the road from the driveway.  I am definitely ready for some melting or some warmer weather.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    We got an inch of snow on top of 3 inches of ice...which isn't bad if you live in an area that is used to it-I live in GA and we just aren't equipped for it! Trees are down everywhere and some folks haven't had power for 4 days...people are going crazy! Seeing everything covered in white was a beautiful sight in the middle of this madness...On top of that, we had a small earthquake last night-centered 20 miles away-we definitely aren't used to those! Mother Nature is giving us a beating this year, lol :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"