Preemies
Options

Personality change.

When you brought your LO home did their personality completely change? DS used to be so happy and lively now he just screams and I don't know what to do. I feed him and change him and he still screams, we cuddle for hours and he still screams, he's like a completely different baby.
image image
Married 8/9/13
Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image

Re: Personality change.

• Options
    Was he diagnosed with reflux? Is the screaming worse during/right after eating?

If he's not hungry, wet/poopy, hot/cold, sleepy and still very unhappy all the time, I'd call your pedi. Ours always told us to call in this case.

Hang in there momma!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage

Pregnancy #1 EDD 1/20/13, D&C for unexplained miscarriage at 12w
    Pregnancy #2 EDD 8/28/2013, Carson was born on 6/28/2013 at 31w - spent 37 days in the NICU
  • Options
    haziedazehaziedaze member
    edited February 2014
    How old is he corrected? DS definitely got more fussy between 3-6 wks adj. That's when you expect it for termies also.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He's almost 4 months actual, about a month adjusted.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13

image  image
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're both having a rough time. I second babywearing. Anna went through several periods where she had to be held and walked, otherwise she was screaming. She would go ballistic if we stopped walking or, heaven forbid, tried to sit down!

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    What do you recommend for baby wearing? The infantino is too big because he has tiny hips and skinny legs
    image image
    Married 8/9/13

image  image
  • Options
    I liked wearing her in the moby. I started when she was tiny, like 6lbs or so even though I think it says 8lbs+.

imageimage
  • Options
    Yeah, get a moby on craigslist--everyone has one for sale. Could be reflux--it took a while for it to hit us.  But after that was resolved, we also just had a stage where she required carrying outdoors...I really don't get it.  She's the happiest 1 year old tho so better times ahead.
  • Options
    What do you recommend for baby wearing? The infantino is too big because he has tiny hips and skinny legs
    I found the k'tan pretty easy to use.

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
    image image
    Married 8/9/13

image  image
  • Options
    Sorry mama! This too shall pass....

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd talk to your pedi about reflux. But I "third" the babywearing. In fact, we're at 7.5 months and going through a snuggly/clingy period. It can be frustrating but also you just have to enjoy the snuggles while they last. Keep your chin up! Hugs!!!!

imageimageimage

Pregnancy #1 EDD 1/20/13, D&C for unexplained miscarriage at 12w
    Pregnancy #2 EDD 8/28/2013, Carson was born on 6/28/2013 at 31w - spent 37 days in the NICU
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"