August 2013 Moms

Morning mingle

Who's up?

Qotm: what was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon growing up?

Random thoughts or AW's to share?

Re: Morning mingle

• Qotm: my little ponies & TMNT.

Random: I've noticed if I'm home all day with lo nursing that she wakes multiple times a night vs if I'm away & she gets pumped bottles she Sttn. I assume she's eating less when nursing? Waaaa! Not fair. *stomps feet*
  • It's 5 am and DS is up bf.

I loved ducktales!

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Feeding S her morning bottle before we try oatmeal for the first time.

I loved the smurfs, tom and Jerry, and jem. Loved jem!
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • I don't remember Jem...what was that about? I did love smurfs & ducktales though!

I was telling DH last night how I'm sad everything is now on demand. Sat morning cartoons were so special...you had to wait all week & be there at a certain time or you missed it. Our lo's won't ever know what that's like.
  • I used to love Bobby's world, and Care Bears
  • @LokiLahve on the topic of nursing vs. Bottles... We have the exact same issue! Sucks!!

My faves were duck tales, looney tunes, and tiny toon adventures.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
  • I was definitely a Jem fan but my favorite was Shera.  I also liked thunder cats.  

I do not have a random thought, but H went off on a random tangent last night at dinner that consisted of bacon blue cheese brussel sprouts.  He said that fairy's get one brussel sprout for salad and also use them for lettuce wraps.  Then he mentioned something about their breadsticks that I didn't get.  

He is currently rapping ice ice baby at the breakfast table to LO. 

He also cooked breakfast of cornbeef hash with a side of chocolate fudge.   

I think all the snow is going to his brain.  
  • I had so many! Jem, carebears, shirt tales, snorks, the get along gang, Alvin and the chipmunks and smurfs were some of my faves. I wish I could still watch them all!!
  • I grew up in a no tv house. :(

I remember watching Jem at sleepovers with my friends though.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• LO woke up at midnight and stayed up until 3. In that time I nursed her back to sleep 5 times... All 5 times she'd wait until I got back into bed then start crying. I translated it to the baby version of this:

QOTM: I looooooved Care Bears.

Random: it's piercing day! Wish me luck!

• PTmama199 said:

I was definitely a Jem fan but my favorite was Shera.  I also liked thunder cats.  

I do not have a random thought, but H went off on a random tangent last night at dinner that consisted of bacon blue cheese brussel sprouts.  He said that fairy's get one brussel sprout for salad and also use them for lettuce wraps.  Then he mentioned something about their breadsticks that I didn't get.  

He is currently rapping ice ice baby at the breakfast table to LO. 

He also cooked breakfast of cornbeef hash with a side of chocolate fudge.   

I think all the snow is going to his brain.  
    Yes the thunder cats! Fox played it every morning right before the school bus came by. I used to watch it while having breakfast. I almost missed the bus so many time because of that show.
    Loki, jem was a rockstar, and she was awesome.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • @bluejewelm - no TV?? You poor thing! Haha.
    My faves were Smurfs, and Woody Woodpecker. I'm old. My mom wouldn't let me watch Jem because she thought it was too "grown up". She was just truly, truly, truly outrageous, mom! :)

Oh and I'm up at 6am cause my DS is a crazy early bird. DS2 is sick again (he was over RSV for 4 days before he caught another cold) so I'm not too pumped. At least he slept ok I guess.
  • My little ponies. My mom says They got my little sister's name from the show because I watched it so much. Plus I asked if they would name her Megan.

Between DD and trigger I was up 6 times last night. I'm only mad at the dog.
  • LO got up about 6 this morning. She's currently having a very serious conversation with her wubba.

• @crazed178 omg that pic is adorable!
  • I watched digimon, pokemon, and yu-gi-oh every saturday morning. I also watched one saturday morning with doug, recess, and pepper anne.

Ds woke up at 6 screaming i got him back to sleep at seven then i couldnt sleep. He woke up again at 8:30 and i put on old school scooby doo cartoons and took a shower for the first time in a week. Now hes eating breakfast so we can go shopping
  • Fraggle Rock and X-men! I have Fraggle Rock on DVD. Cannot wait to share it with DS.

We have the opposite problem with STTN. When I am home he will only wake up once to eat but when I am gone all day he wakes 2 or 3 times. It's like he misses nursing.

Picture the Moment Photography: Liam &emdash; 938A7372-Edit       

• I got a decent amount of sleep. H took LO when he got home at 130, fed him and put him in the swing. Not a peep out if him till 730.

As opposed to me trying to put him down in the crib for ages, giving up, and letting him sleep with me till H hit home. In reality that ment I was up till 130a.

H for the win on that one.
  • My favorite was Care Bears

Random: 3 out of 5 of my kids and I have strep. It is all of the little ones. Little sleep around here

Tara

It was awful!

We finally got a tv when we were 12. And I think my brother and I binge watched for the next...way too many years. Even now. I'm addicted to TV! :)

This is why I am very pro "everything in moderation". My sons will grow up with electronics. I'd rather teach that's it's ok to enjoy tv and stuff than not have it at all! It's all about balance. :)

Off soapbox.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Not cartoons... but Pee Wee's Playhouse and Fraggle Rock!!
  • @HauntedRadio We are in the same boat. I try to watch him at the end of his nursing session so that I can pull him off before he gets to that point. Not always successful. When he does bite I pull him off and tell him no. He thinks Mommy is hilarious. Not sure what else to do.

• I had so many! Jem, carebears, shirt tales, snorks, the get along gang, Alvin and the chipmunks and smurfs were some of my faves. I wish I could still watch them all!!

Yes! Snorks!!!
  • Never Ending Story!

• LokiLahve said:

Not a cartoon, but:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Loved the never ending story!

• I adored The Neverending Story, but I was always terrified of the mountain that was actually a turtle, and I always cried when the horse sank in the quicksand/mud.

LO has STTN 2 nights in a row (hope that doesn't jinx it!) and has already taken 2 naps today 3.5 hours total). She recently figured out how to roll all over the place (was only doing belly to back before), so maybe that helped her sleep better. We're currently expecting another 8" of snow, so lots of indoor play and snuggling on the agenda for this weekend!

It was awful!

We finally got a tv when we were 12. And I think my brother and I binge watched for the next...way too many years. Even now. I'm addicted to TV! :)

This is why I am very pro "everything in moderation". My sons will grow up with electronics. I'd rather teach that's it's ok to enjoy tv and stuff than not have it at all! It's all about balance. :)

Off soapbox.
    I totally agree. Per usual. :)
  • Fragle rock and gummy bears!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"