Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Recommend your Baby-Wearing Wrap/Sling/etc....

I never found a good one to use with my first child, but I would really like to use one with my second baby--especially with a toddler to chase after!  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks! 

Re: Recommend your Baby-Wearing Wrap/Sling/etc....

• Options
    Google no-sew mei-tai. Hobo mama has a pattern you literally just cut out of felt. I loved it when my DD was tiny. Then switched to the Ergo, which at 19 mos we still use regularly and love. I'm planning on using the mei-tai and an Ergo with infant insert with this currently-baking bun. DH loves the Ergo too. He was less wild about the mei-tai bc he never felt like he tied it tightly enough.
  • Options
    I have an Ergo, and I love it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    A Moby (or similar stretchy) wrap is great for the beginning and then an Ergo (or Beco, etc.) then after. However, my favorite carrier still is my Ring Sling (which my mom made following instructions from Sleeping Baby Productions). After a bit of trial and error, it is so easy to put on and super easy to take with me from place to place. If I had to have only one carrier, it would be my RS.

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have the Baby K'Tan wrap.  It is like a Moby, but is two rings instead of one long piece of fabric.  It was super easy to put on and put baby in.  Perfect for newborns!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    I have a baby ktan, ergo, and infantino Mei tai. Love them all. Ktan was the best for the first few months. Here is a great site that describes different types of carriers https://www.becomingmamas.com/babywearing/

• Options
    I loved my moby for the newborn stage after awhile it stretched out to much due to my kids weight . Im now using my Becco Soleil with my 7 month old and sometimes my 2 year old and absolutely love it ! I tried the Ergo and hated how the straps sat on my shoulders however the Becco allows you to cross the straps which is awesome plus it has other really near features I likes !
  • Options
    I loved my moby for the newborn stage after awhile it stretched out to much due to my kids weight . Im now using my Becco Soleil with my 7 month old and sometimes my 2 year old and absolutely love it ! I tried the Ergo and hated how the straps sat on my shoulders however the Becco allows you to cross the straps which is awesome plus it has other really near features I likes !
    I sold my ergo for a Beco for the same reason.  I love how easy it is to attach the Beco.
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but it sounds like some of you prefer Beco over Ergo? I've added the Beco Gemini to my registry but it's easier to find deals on Ergo. I'm 5'3" and I've got back/hip problems so comfort is key. Thoughts?
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but it sounds like some of you prefer Beco over Ergo? I've added the Beco Gemini to my registry but it's easier to find deals on Ergo. I'm 5'3" and I've got back/hip problems so comfort is key. Thoughts?
    The Beco is not as bulky as the Ergo, and you can criss cross the straps instead of having to reach towards your back and buckle the center strap.  It's a PITA.  I also like how baby can face forward or towards you.
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options

The Becco is so much better on the back imo . I never felt like the Ergo was secure . Im 5'4" and have back issues my self and i just love my carrier . I got the Soleil because it has a wider base which is better for toddlers and i really don't care about my kids facing out . I wore my at the time 14lb daughter for hours while walking around the zoo and my back felt great the entire time ! Hands down one of the best purchases I have ever made regarding baby gear .
  • Options
    I have the K'tan and love it for my 3 wk old
  • Options
    Loved my Moby from around 8 weeks till around 4 months when the weather was nice and we weren't in a dirty parking lot. The Beco has been great from 10 weeks and is still great at 16 months. As others said it's easy to put on and very comfy on the shoulders. I'm 5'8" fairly skinny and DH is 6'0" and heavier set. It easily adjusts for both of us. My sister is 5'5 and tiny she loves hers too.

image imageimageimage

• Options

I had three..

moby..liked it when she was small but once she hit 13-14lbs she sagged in it and I didn't feel comfortable using it..could be my error but i could never get it tight enough

maya ring sling..my mom sews and bought the rings and made me one off their free pattern. I liked it for quick trips in and out of stores etc.

ergo...probably the one we use the most. I wasn't a fan of the infant insert and used the moby more when she was itty bitty. She's 15 months and we still use it a lot..mostly back carry now.

• Options
    Thanks for your input!  Can't wait to snuggle my baby in one of these when he/she arrives shortly!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"