December 2013 Moms

Operation:MILF

Happy Friday!! How milfy are you feeling today after another week of partying on the fitness train? This week, in honor of Valentine's Day, share your favorite healthy dessert recipe if you have one. I will promise you that I will not be eating healthy dessert today but would love to share recipes for another day!

Any progress toward your goals?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Operation:MILF

• I am pissed. I ate healthy and went on 3 power walks with the stroller and gained 2 pounds. My dessert has been fruit. Wtf?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • adawn1981 said:

I am pissed. I ate healthy and went on 3 power walks with the stroller and gained 2 pounds. My dessert has been fruit. Wtf?

I'm afraid of this too which is why I've put off weighing! Awesome job on the power walks!

• Did yoga again this week. Not as much walking/running as I would have liked too. I haven't weighed myself so I'm not sure if I've made progress this week. But I have been eating very well so tonight I will probably overeat and ruin any progress made!

I love this no-bake cheesecake recipe from Skinny Taste really easy to make too! https://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/no-bake-cheesecake.html

• I haven't weighed myself today, but doubt that I'm at my goal because of all of the chocolate...Gym in a month when I'm back in SD! Current weight is about 150, 141 is pre-pregnancy and 135 is pre both babies. 135 is my goal!

A healthy snack that I have been pretty obsessed with recently is slathering peanut butter on top of a banana. Yum! Peanut butter on celery is pretty delicious, too.

I think I should have named baby Russell Stover...

• I'm doing good with my food since joining WW last Monday but I haven't gotten the work outs in. Still struggling to make time for that with being a working mama of 3. One day though. Since last Monday I have lost 8 lbs so I am thrilled with that and I know once I can start working out it will help me even more.

3-2-1 cake:
    Mix any kind of cake mix you like with a angel food mix. Keep in a Baggie all mixed together. Whenever you want cake all you need is to mix 3 tablespoons cake mix 2 tablespoons water in a bowl or coffee mug and cook for 1 minute. I put a little cool whip on top and enjoy.

Also I do plain rice cakes with PB2 mixed with cool whip.
    T~ 9.27.05 C~ 6.24.11 L~12.2.13
  • HollisW12 said:

@Sunshine5778 you just made me ache for Chuy's....ughhhh why must I be so far from Texas!?

Chuy's is tha bomb!!

• imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited February 2014
    Joined back at LA Fitness on Tuesday, got great workouts on Tues & Weds. Yesterday we did a long family walk. Not sure if I'll get in more than a walk today as I kinda just wanna snuggle with the fam today. I've been tracking my food and stayed under calorie goals this week...but zero weight loss, might have gained a lb or 2 :-/ Boo. I wanted to cry when I realized how poor my core strength is...and that's bad because I did no workout that was primarily core: push-ups were a beast. Ow. Ready for my strength to come back!!

Healthy dessert: sprinkle halved peaches with brown sugar & broil.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Just got a fitbit for VD! Excited to finally start losing some wt as I was just cleared. Anyone else have a fitbit?
  • I've been doing really good with my workouts.. Not so good with the eating earlier in the week. I start my period and when that happens all self control goes out the window :(
    I've lost 3 pounds in 2 weeks. Definitely not as much as I'd like, but it's something.
    I taught my first class at the gym since having Easton and it felt so good to get back to teaching. It's an hour long weight lifting class and I had only been doing body weight exercises up until then so I am incredibly sore!

When I need something sweet I eat a piece of dark chocolate!

• I have not done a damn thing this week. The first PP period has not been fun and I have always struggled with working out and eating healthy when I have my period. So no scale for me this week. My favorite healthy dessert recipe is 1 package of angel food cake mix with 1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple. Bake at 350 for @ 25 minutes. I put a little bit of reddi-whip on top and it's pretty tasty. It's a popular go-to WW dessert.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did not so very well this week. Eating I was decent I guess, I only made it to one workout so far this week. I actually don't think I'm going I weigh in this week. I'm going to give myself a couple weeks where I hold myself accountable with working out and exercising, but not weigh myself. This always seems to work for me, because I find myself obsessing about the weight and it frustrates me.

I don't have a healthy dessert recipe. I normally will treat myself with a 1/2 cup of natural vanilla ice cream a couple times a week. Tonight I don't expect to be eating a healthy dessert ;)
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• I've been carb loading all week. I will be starting a ketogenic diet with DH tomorrow (after my Valentine's dinner). It's basically a low-carb diet. DH has been following it for about a year due to his diabetes and has lost 50+ pounds. I'm hoping it will help me detox from sugar and get back on track. Here's a link to info about it, if anyone is interested:

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1xt67o/keto_my_way_a_simple_easytofollow_tldr_guide_from/

• I have been walking to pick up DS1 from school. I need to up my game though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Worked out with my trainer twice this week, now need to work on tweeking my diet.
    Old WW favorite dessert is 1 whole Chocolate graham cracker broke in half. Smoosh cool whip in between halves and put in freezer for a few minutes. It tastes just like an ice cream sandwhich.
  • I've got 6 more baby weight pounds to lose (and then some extra to go that I had put on prior to the preg). I've been working out in my basement here and there but haven't started dieting yet. I go back to work in a few weeks and will be using the gym there during lunch (my old routine).
  • ugoglencocougoglencoco member
    edited February 2014
    I've been feeling pretty good about myself this week! I took a tap class and a hip hop class! The last time I danced I was 8 weeks pregnant with LO! I also have started running around my gyms track. Did a 7.5 min mile, which was better than I expected. Just have to shed 2 minutes off of that! It is feeling really good to sweat!!

Eta: I'm down another 2lbs this week. Yayyyyy
  • I've done surprisingly well this week, went to the gym 4 days, did cardio and light lifting. I even ate pretty well too! But last night I went to dinner with my friends and gave in to fajitas, love me some Mexican food mmm mmm! (Anybody got any healthy mexican food recipes?!)
    And tonight I'm having chocolate and wine......
    Great way to end the week haha but atleast it's progress!
    Last time I tried on my prepregnancy jeans I could get them on (tight) but couldn't button! ugh! I'm kind of enjoying wearing sweatpants and leggings everywhere thou!
    I'm glad you posted about the healthy deserts as a sweet tooth can definitely ruin my whole progress for the week! I have had Nutella on a banana (not that healthy) and light cool whip with blueberries and strawberries
  • Went to the gym 3 days so far this week and have done 3 days of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. I feel so much better. I ran on the treadmill and by ran I mean, I suffered through a minute of running on and off for 5 minutes before I knew I had reached my max. I'm looking forward to seeing results! Busting my butt for sure and eating pretty healthy but not super restricted. I probably won't start restricting until I am done bfing in June.

As for a healthy dessert, do chocolate covered strawberries count??? :)
  • I fit into my pre-pregnancy pants! Granted they don't fit the way they used to, but I'm in them. I've lost about 4 pounds, 11 to go!
  • @MissyC979 I don't know if you are BF but the keto diet dried up my sisters supply
    BF didn't work out for me this time. Thanks for letting me know though.

• @lpegirl2013 just made this for lunch: quinoa burrito bowl, sooo good! Little Mexican flare, so good for you and protein packed. It's on this website: www.theshiksa.com
  • I just ate 3 cookies.

Pre preg 155
    Preg 193
    Current 162

I deserved them. . .and they were delicious!
  • I finally managed to loose a couple pounds. My weight loss stalled after about 4 - 6 wks. I started eating oatmeal for breakfast instead of nothing. That's really the only difference to my diet I've made.
    I still haven't been able to figure out a workout schedule. But I got a brand new unopened jogger at goodwill for $85! That will come in handy once the snow finally melts sometime in mid June!!!! :)
    My next goal is to join WW.

Sorry... I don't have any light dessert recipes. I'm a pastry chef so all my desserts have real sugar and all the fats!!!! I want to work on a sugar free cheesecake for my FIL who is diabetic. But I doubt it'll be diet worthy.

Good luck everyone!!! This diet shit is hard!!!
  • I've lost two more pounds was doing so good this week until dh showed up with mini vday brownies for me I had two :/ I'm 13lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight though :D
    photo d23effce-d468-477e-941f-2e772f3afddb_zpsd1cd4bbb.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • WW- lost 2.4 this week! Very pleased and still on track with my personal goal of 1-2 lbs per week . ( total loss just over 9 lbs)

Challenges last week- went out of town but was able to point out everything I ate. I had to guess on more than a few items( which I hate) but it worked out in the end . When I go out I try and guess how many points it will be and depending on the cuisine I add an additional 3-5 points on top of my guess.

Goals this week- I really need to start adding in fruits or veggies with every meal. At dinner I always have veggies but not always at lunch or breakfast .

Workouts - I am still going to the gym 4/5 days a week. Even if it's only 30 minutes it's worth it ladies . Even less is better than none at all.
  • So far two weeks on weight watchers...4 lbs lost. I like cool whip in diet root beer...just like a root beer float!

• Horrible week. Too exhausted to do anything. Well, I managed to make a healthy soup that I've been eating. But I've also been eating crap. I tell DH I'm avoiding sweets and what does he do? He buys six Valentine's dunkin donuts!! Cookie dough and brownie batter??!! So of course I scarfed mine down.

No exercise as I've been too exhausted. So much in fact, that I'm back on a supplement I was taking for chronic fatigue syndrome. (I stopped when it made me vomit without fail in 1st trimester). A little bummed, but at least its helping. Hopefully next week can be a real week.

Well, actually I unintentionally got in my first postpregnancy work out- shoveling foot high heavy wet snow yesterday! My arms and back are aching...

I've been trying to avoid sweets altogether, so I don't really have a dessert idea. Been trying to eat fruit and/or Greek yogurt when I get a craving.
  • I am back to 150, so fhe mystery three pounds is gone. Still have 15 to go.

I ate strictly paleo all week except for lunch at my parents house yesterday (now that they are grandparents they actually have food even though grace can't eat it yet!). I am still eating too many nuts and nut butter to make a weight move so I need to work on that.

I worked out 4 times - a hard hip hop dance class at my gym and p90x 3 mornings between morning feedings. I hope to keep it up and actually see progress.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!!!

I challenge everyone to at a minimum while LO is doing tummy time to plank or do a few push-ups. I am going to!!!!
  • I finally got serious about losing the last of my weight. 4 days ago I downloaded the myfitnesspal app and have been strictly staying with it. I've also gone on an hour walk with lo, the two dogs, and dh each evening. I'm 2.8 lbs down in just 4 days! I'm so motivated right now. I'm going to start a new post-baby workout dvd tomorrow morning. I'm just 7 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight and 17 lbs away from my 12 week goal.
  • I just ate 7 cookies. Cookies made with white sugar and white flour. Don't tell!
  • adawn1981 said:

I am pissed. I ate healthy and went on 3 power walks with the stroller and gained 2 pounds. My dessert has been fruit. Wtf?

You sound like me... I put on muscle wayyy to easily to start weighing myself now! More muscle burns more calories so don't let it discourage you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"