LGBT Parenting

GTKY Feb 14th!

edited February 2014 in LGBT Parenting
1. Share a Valentines' Day memory - could be from childhood or as an adult.
2. What is a song that always makes you happy? (it's ok to list a few!)
3. Describe your bedroom.
4. What's for Valentines Day dinner?
5. What's happening this weekend?
Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: GTKY Feb 14th!

• KH826KH826 member
    edited February 2014

1. Share a Valentines' Day memory - could be from childhood or as an adult.

My first Valentine's Day with my wife was about 6 months after we started dating. We were in college. I was an RA and I was on duty that night so I couldn't leave campus (or my room really, unless I was doing rounds or there was an issue to contend with). My wife spent most of that year staying with me in my dorm room, even though she was not supposed to. I even managed to get her a key so she could come and go whenever. Anyway, while I was at class that day, she decorated my room for me. She cut out a zillion little paper hearts and wrote a saying or a quote on the back of each one along with the date and then scattered them all over my bed. I still have a bunch of the paper hearts. I keep them in what I call my "love box" -- a hat box with cards, notes, photos, concert tickets and other things that remind me of the early days in our relationship. Anyway, she decorated the room while I was at class and left me a little basket with a cute little Valentine's odds and ends in it. She also typed up the lyrics to one of our songs and framed it. That night, she ordered us take-out and got the Reese's ice cream that we had on our first "date" in my dorm room, and we just hung out in my room in between my rounds. It was simple, but it was very us and I remember at the time that I had never been happier.

• "Breathe" by Faith Hill - the first song that my wife and I considered "our song"
    • "This Moment" by Melissa Etheridge - the first night that my wife and I spent together we listened to that Melissa CD on repeat in the background for hours. I remember laying there looking at her hearing that song and it seemed like it was written just for us. This is the song that she typed up and framed for our first Valentine's Day.
    • "She" by Parachute - this was our first dance song at our wedding
    • "Every Heartbeat" by Amy Grant - I am a big fan of 80s pop and soft rock songs (I know a lot of people hate that kind of music, but I love it and I embrace it)... anyway, I listened to this song in my car on the way to work everyday in between the day that we got our BFP and the day of our first ultrasound. I used to sing it to the baby -- willing her to have a heartbeat the first time that we saw her on ultrasound. It became my little ritual. My wife didn't even know about it. The day we had our first ultrasound and we saw her heartbeat, I played the song for my wife in the car on the way home and told her that was "Noodle's song" -- we called the baby Noodle in the early days of pregnancy. I still listen to the song periodically, and it just makes me happy and reminds me of this crazy journey and how far we have come from where we started.

I could go on with more songs forever, but I will keep my list to 4 for now. Love this question! :)

As I have mentioned before our house is 200 yrs old -- so our bedroom is small. It has the original plaster walls, which make hanging things very difficult because the walls are textured and not even at all, but I think it has a ton of character. Anyway, three of the walls (the plaster ones) are painted a robin's egg blue color. The fourth wall (which our bed is against) had been a wood paneled wall that the previous owners installed presumably in the 60s or 70s. We sanded it down and painted it white. So the room has a beachy kind of relaxing feel with the three bright blue walls and the one white paneled wall. We have two original iron radiators in our room, which makes furniture placement difficult. We have a dark mahogany wood rustic bedroom set that was our big furniture splurge when we bought our house. I love it. The bed is a four poster bed with a detailed carved headboard and it is against the white wall. We each have a very small bedside table with a lamp (matching), and I have a tall dresser and my wife has the matching one that is long and shorter. We have a small TV on top of my wife's dresser, and there is a tan reclining chair in the corner next to my dresser. We have a small antique trunk at the foot of our bed that has all the baby items that we collected over the years before we got pregnant (some books, a few onesies, a blanket). Our comforter is a quilt from my wife's grandmother who passed away 2.5 years ago. We were both very close to her. We are naming baby girl after her :)

I have no idea. My wife said "You don't have to cook," and that is all that we discussed, so I don't know if that means she has something planned, or if she just plans for us to "wing it" but for me to not have to cook. I suppose we shall see...

Tomorrow is a busy day. Reese has an appointment to be groomed in the morning - so I will have to go drop her off. We have a contractor coming to give us an estimate for replacing the window in the nursery that is drafty/leaky. Then, we *might* (my wife is supposed to be confirming this today) be meeting a friend of ours who has a pick-up truck at Babies R Us to try for the second time to bring our crib home. We tried last Saturday, but it didn't fit in our cross-over SUV (the box is massive) and they wouldn't tie it to the top of the car... then tomorrow night our friends are having a "wine and cheese party" which I am not excited about, but my wife told them we would go, sooo..... Sunday is up in the air at the moment. I will have to go grocery shopping at some point and probably laundry. We might run some other errands, or my wife might decide to work on some more house projects (we are slowly but surely making progress with operation switch three rooms around before baby arrives)... All in all I have a feeling that the weekend will fly by quickly and I will be tired on Monday. HAHA

**Bonus** I am creating my own bonus just because I feel like it... here are 2 PIPs. The first is our puppy dog Reese when she was an itty bitty baby puppy. Today is her 5th birthday -- our little love pup -- I can't believe it! The second is this week's bump photo that I took in the bathroom at work this AM. Ummm... my belly is getting LARGE. Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • 1. Share a Valentines' Day memory - could be from childhood or as an adult. 
    Two years ago my wife and I got a cabin in Hocking Hills (picture lots of hills, trees and caves)  We were at the top of a huge Hill, which was a little scary getting up in our little car.  But we had a wonderful weekend.  We had someone come to our cabin and give us massages and we cooked most meals over the weekend.  One night we went to the restaurant and feasted on a huge meal.  We had a fire going in the fire place all weekend and enjoyed each others company ;-)
    Summer of 69, Fancy by Reba, Living on a Prayer
    haha, right now it is a mess!  we just moved a pack n play in our room for when the baby wakes up a lot in the night.  it is also more convenient to have it in there instead of the living room during the day when trying to get all the babies to nap.  there are lots of piles of laundry and random baby stuff.  needless to say its the dumping ground right now.
    I am not sure what we are having for dinner tonight.  We talked about ordering carry out, but we might end up cooking at home.  I have no interest in fighting the crowds and paying crazy prices to go out to dinner tonight, but I don't think we are ready to take the girls out to dinner just yet.  So we are spending the night in, we might light some candles
    That is a funny question.  I was asked by multiple families to babysit and I actually said no, which is something I don't do well.  We had planned to spend lots of quality time together this weekend and not do much.  Well that all changed when we got the girls last weekend.  Now we will spend the weekend playing with a 2 year old, feeding the baby and changing diapers, doing laundry, organizing their clothes and probably doing a little shopping for them, trying to get our life organized again and gather our footing.  My wife's gift to me is that she told me to spend some time by myself.  So I am going tomorrow to get a mani/pedi for the first time since July, I am very excited!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Loading the player...
    My first Valentine's Day with B was last year (we had been dating for about 4 months officially) and was spent in the hospital since N was born 2 days before.  B and I saved our one meal that the hospital gives you when you give birth for Valentine's night.  It was meant to be a "fancy" meal... well fancier than the past two days of meals.  Well something happened and they completely forgot about us!  I honestly don't even remember what we ate.  What I do remember about this day - super unromantic and a bit TMI - was it was the first day I had a shower since giving birth.  I'm a bit modest and didn't like the idea of a nurse showering me.  So B offered to help me.  B does terribly with blood so I'm sure she didn't know what she was getting into, but she was amazing.  That's when I knew I loved her and wanted to be with her forever. 
    The Way You Make Me Feel, Shout, Who I Am, Some Nights...
    Our bedroom is kind of smaller and is painted a gray shade, just like the rest of our house!  My bed is incredible.  It's handmade by my dad.  It's massively tall - he made it for me when I was in college and made it so that laundry baskets can fit underneath it.  So imagine laundry basket + boards + box spring + mattress.  We each have a small set of steps to get in :) 
    I am not sure what we are having for dinner tonight.  I'd rather not go out because it's always crazy and getting a table will take hours.  I'd love to have a picnic on the living room floor.
    N's first birthday party!  I can't wait!  We are having a joint party with B's family, R's family, and my own.  It's at a hotel so the kids can go swimming.  I love throwing parties so I've been excited about birthday parties since she was born!
    I don't know that I really have one. EV's birthday is the 13th so I usually try to make a big deal out of her birthday and Valentine's is kind of an after thought.  I'll keep thinking as I type the rest of these ;-)

I've been singing the song from Despicable Me 2 - "Because I'm Happy" by Pharrell Williams. It's been stuck in my head for a few days. But I really feel happy so it's a nice reminder :-)

It's large with vaulted ceilings and double doors. Our whole house is painted a greyish (with a hint of olive) color by our landlord. He offered to let us paint over it but we haven't had the energy yet. It's not a bad color just not what I would have chosen, I love yellows, creams, blues and sometimes deep color accent walls. Anyway.  We have a king sized bed and 2 wooden pedestal night stands in black and white, my taller white nightstand has a black lamp, EV's black one has a silver lamp. There are two chocolate colored leather chairs, and two dark wood shelving units with doors and a huge mirror length wise on top of it, also dark wood.  The chairs and shelves are opposite the bed. We a have picture of poppies over the bed and pewter colored drapes.   All in all its not my favorite bedroom we've ever had - but at least the bed is comfy.

I was just debating this very thing. We're staying in (no reason to take our toddler out to a fancy dinner and risk ruining date night for the lucky couples out ;-).  I'm thinking of roasting some lamb and using some of it make and Indian dish, with a side of palak paneer, samosa's, naan and rice.   I had decorated yesterday for EV's bday and we had Schnitzel and cake, so if I can keep it simple today I will.

5. What's happening this weekend?  Yeah 3 day weekend and EV's homework assignment was extended.  Woohoooo. 
    Saturday night, Kaden goes to playcare and we go on a date.  I think we're going to see American Hustle if we can fit it into the 6:30-9pm time slot.
    On Sunday we're getting together with friends. We're planning on going to their UU church and then out to brunch.
    Monday no known plans yet.  If the weather holds I'd like to go the beach, or on hike, or to a kid related activity of some sort.

When we were kids my mom used to always give us special little gifts or trinkets for valentines day. She always tried to make any holiday special...she still does. Two year ago, C has an edible arrangement sent to  my work and after I got off work that night we went and ate qudoba. Qudoba is a fast-ish food chain and on valentine's day if you give someone a kiss and you buy a burrito you can get some free. They also had someone making balloon animals and that was so cute and fun. It was a great day!

Most of them are songs we used for our wedding but here are a few:
    - A-Punk by Vampire Weekend (this is what our party walked in to)
    - Anyone Else but you by the Moldy Peaches
    - Brave by Sarah Bareilles
    - Goodbye Youth by Melissa Ferrick (this is the song C and I walked into at our wedding)
    - The Story by Brandi Carsile and Sara Ramirez (this was part of our wedding dance mash up)

I'll stop there ;-)

3. Describe your bedroom.- Right now it is a disaster mess. There are clothes everywhere but it is a decent size and is pretty simple. We have a long dresser with our TV on it, the bed, and two end tables. C painted an accent wall when we moved in and when it is not messy it is very simple and wonderful...

4. What's for Valentines Day dinner?- Its a secret...because I don't want C to see it and it is a surprise ;-)

5. What's happening this weekend- C is working (of course...) and so I will be cleaning (maybe that messy bedroom) and working on some random things...also going to the gym. 

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

I don't have a specific valentine's day memory, but I loved it as a kid. My favorite favorite part was making a valentine's box. Most of the kids got really creative and I loved trying to come up with the coolest one. I would spend hours and hours. 

Music by Erick Sermon
    Back in the day by Ahmad
    Almost anything by The Roots or Tupac

Blah. I kind of hate our room, with the exception of the fancy mattress with the adjustable base we recently bought. It will be the last room we put together in our house. We've spent all of our time and energy on the living and dining rooms thus far. Baby's room and the kitchen are next. The walls are a horrible peachish color that I despise. We have a falling apart dresser and that's about all that will fit in our tiny room. Our house is also over 100 years old so the room and closet are pretty tiny. 

I haven't a clue. We are taking the puppies to my mom's house so she can babysit them this weekend. We will probably end up sleeping there and having her drive us to the airport in the morning. So...I guess it just depends on what time we get ourselves packed and ready to go. Hopefully we'll at least have time for something healthy. My pregnancy insomnia only allowed me to get about 4 hours of sleep so I'll be ready to crash pretty early

Our baby shower in LIttle Rock! I am beyond excited, for the shower of course, but mostly because it will be our first grad school reunion. A few of my professors and admissions director are also coming. I love all these people so so much. I wish I could put us all in one city again to live forever and ever :) A professor my wife and I both had (even though we were at different schools) has been fighting breast cancer since we graduated and moved. I am hoping we get to go visit her too. I should go shoot her an email right now actually. I'm so happy it's a 3 day weekend, I really need a break from work. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Before my first girlfriend and I started dating or came out, we "celebrated" Valentine's Day together by cooking a special meal in my dorm kitchen, watching a movie on the couch together, and splitting a bottle of wine. Yeah. Not romantic at all. We were in denial, but started dating less than a week later. I don't know that my wife and I have ever really bothered to do much -- just not that motivated by it.

2. "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" by Neutral Milk Hotel, "Float On" by Modest Mouse, "Lines and Lines" by the Spinanes, "That's How Strong My Love Is" by Otis Redding.

3. It's big enough for a queen bed, two dressers, and one nightstand, but that's about it. Modern espresso furniture, blue walls, pretty simple. We have black and white photographs printed on canvas over the bed, from our trip to Misty Fjords in Alaska.

4. My wife works tonight, so we'll both be eating leftover turkey meatloaf and broccoli by ourselves. Tomorrow we are going to buy some kind of seafood to cook -- whatever looks good when we get to the store. I am making peanut butter brownies tonight -- half for us to eat tomorrow, and half for the neighbor who helped me shovel yesterday.

5. Saturday: Baby day! We're registering at BRU and going maternity clothes shopping since I got a gift card and could use more clothes. Probably lunch while we're out, and seafood for dinner (when my wife was a chef one of her jobs was at a restaurant on Cape Cod, and she does amazing things with seafood). Sunday: I think some cleaning, some relaxing. Monday my wife is working and I am meeting an old friend and his wife for lunch. We were besties in high school and now are both having babies (his wife is due in April with a girl). Super excited about our kids growing up together. I warned him I was going to grill him about circumcision. You can't ask just anyone!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• 1. Share a Valentines' Day memory - could be from childhood or as an adult. I'm not sure I have a Valentine's day memory (a few times with my ex come to mind, but I am going to forgo that)
    2. What is a song that always makes you happy? (it's ok to list a few!) I have quite a few...LOL Bad,bad Leroy Brown from my childhood (I was so excited I got to say damn and not get in trouble), Slow Dancing in a Burning Room by John Mayer, Knee Deep by Zac Brown Band, (almost anything from Evanescence can relax me), Money Maker by Ludacris, Break your heart by Taio Cruz, New Soul by Yael N......gosh I could go on and on
    3. Describe your bedroom. We have a beach theme. Our bedroom set is from Am. Signature Furniture and I love it. It is an expresso type color with drawers underneath it. Lots of pictures of us up on the wall and at our headboard is a large print taken by an artist in the keys. I love it
    4. What's for Valentines Day dinner? I'm not even sure. My parents are coming in to town, so we might go out for dinner if I feel well enough
    5. What's happening this weekend? We are doing my birthday dinner with both families tomorrow and then Sunday will be lazy day. We both have Monday off and our first appointment with our OB that day.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• 2. What is a song that always makes you happy? (it's ok to list a few!)
    Summer of 69, Fancy by Reba, Living on a Prayer

I LOVE THESE SONGS!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• 1. I was 15 and I had never been on a date or kissed anyone. I desperately wanted a boyfriend. My friend Jen set me up with her 17 year old cousin Dave. We talked a couple times on the phone and then decided to meet at a boys' basketball game at my high school. (I was on the girls' team and it was pretty common to go to each other's games). It happened to be valentines day but I didn't think anything of it. Dave showed up with a long stem rose, a heart shaped box of chocolates, and a teddy bear holding a heart that said "my heart smiles when I think of you". I was mortified and horrified. I had never met the guy and only talked to him a couple times and now I had to spend whole basketball game in front of lots of people I knew holding all of this stuff from this guy I didn't even know. Plus he was so shy he barely even talked to me. Despite all of this, Dave and I kept talking on the phone and then next week he showed up in my english class (during a test!) with a dozen roses. He couldn't find me and had to go up to his cousin to ask where I was. And then he brought them over to me. (Side note--he didn't go to our school but he didn't have school that day so he and a friend came to give me the flowers. They both walked into the classroom in trenchcoats and practically gave the teacher a hard attack). I'm pretty sure that guy ruined traditional "romantic gestures" (roses, chocolate, and teddy bears) and Valentine's Day for me forever. Possibly also public gestures of affection/sappiness.

2. "Build me up buttercup," "lucky" by Melissa etheridge, and "closet femme" by Kate Reid.

3. It is apartment cream colored. Queen sized silver ikea bed. Two dressers. Two closets. A shelving unit with a small tv on it. The cat's climbing tower. Very little on the wall.

4. I'm having dinner at the house where I babysit so no idea. Yesterday was @manada's birthday so I made salami- and provolone- stuffed chicken breasts, Gouda lentil soup, and broccoli for dinner last night.

5. Tomorrow we are going to M's mom's to celebrate M's birthday. Sunday-Tuesday m's sister is coming to visit
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • 1. Other than a card (and maybe some chocolates), my wife and I don't really do Valentine's Day. A couple of years ago we were grocery shopping in January and I began mocking all the shelves full of red stuff. There was this giant panda balloon with a heart, and I sarcastically said that there was nothing more in the world that I could want than a $12 panda balloon. When I got home from work on V-Day it was floating on my desk attached to my card. 

2. "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz and most Beatles songs... plus I always seem to enjoy it when One Republic's "Counting Stars" comes on the radio.

3. A king-sized teak bed with matching nightstands from Crate & Barrel (our fave!), two cat beds, pet stairs for the old kitty, a giant Ikea Pax closet system, and two baby bouncers. 

4. Well, wifey asked me to stay home from work today because she was having stronger (but still very random) contractions. Maybe it'll be hospital food?

5. I'm hoping that we might be meeting our babies, but it might just be wishful thinking. :) Otherwise, it's mid-winter break so we will probably doing any last minute prep before the girls arrive and binge-watching Damages. Oh, and I hafta get a pile of algebra tests graded. 
    Me: 31, Wife: 32 (met when we were 15)
    Married to my beautiful wife/baby mama on 07/07/07
    My brother is our KD
    5/2012: 5 cycles of at-home tries - BFN
    1/2013: 4 medicated IUIs - BFN
    6/2013: 1 IVF - BFP w/twin girls! Born 2/27/14!

• @kh826 - I dragged my wife to an Amy Grant/Michael W. Smith concert last fall! I loved it! She was miserable. :)
    Me: 31, Wife: 32 (met when we were 15)
    Married to my beautiful wife/baby mama on 07/07/07
    My brother is our KD
    5/2012: 5 cycles of at-home tries - BFN
    1/2013: 4 medicated IUIs - BFN
    6/2013: 1 IVF - BFP w/twin girls! Born 2/27/14!

Hmmm...Three years ago C and I had not officially met as of Valentine's Day.  We were texting and chatting on FB almost non-stop though.  I was out on home visits that Valentine's Day and was texting her in between.  I was actually in the town she was living in at the time, and little did we know, but I was literally just up the street from where she was.  We met in person for the first time that next evening. 

I'll Follow You and Fly From the Inside by Shinedown are two.  I consider I'll Follow You to be my TTC theme song because of some of the lyrics.  When we had to cancel our last cycle, we went out to our local bar that night and this song came on and I burst out in tears.  Normally it gives me hope though.

I also love One Friend by Dan Seals.  My MIL, BIL and Aunt-in-law played and sang this song during our wedding ceremony. 

Our bedroom walls are a cream color and our carpet is a light sage green.  We have a king size bed.  The frame is made out of logs.  It takes up almost our entire room.  We have a closet along one wall and then two dressers...one for each of us.  I included a PIP of our bed.  This was the day it was put in. 

It is 6:48 pm and I have no idea!  C should be getting done with work in about ten minutes.  We haven't decided if we are staying home or going out yet.  She always calls on her way home, so we will decide then.  I wouldn't mind a nice fish fry or broiled fish. 

Back to Buffalo for us tomorrow morning.  Just a quick trip (3 hours) for blood work only.  I wish I was having an u/s so that I could see what is going on in those ovaries of mine.  Something is happening because I can sure feel it.  I will know tomorrow afternoon what the next step is.  Then we have bowling tomorrow night.  That is all we have for plans at this point.  I'm imagining a trip back to Buffalo either Sunday or Monday, but who knows. 

bed.jpg 79.8K

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• @stacylh24- I am in love with your bed!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• @firstcomeslove2013 - Thank you!  It is massive, but we both love it. 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• SweetPea0307SweetPea0307 member
    edited February 2014
    1. Last year, my wife had to leave for work early on Valentine's day, so I woke up without her. When I got up, I found little heart-shaped notes posted all over our condo and some home-made scones waiting for me for breakfast. She's a real romantic :) 

2. I loved reading everyone else's responses for this! A lot of those songs make me happy too, but I'll try not to repeat. Here are just a couple: - Andrew in Drag by The Magnetic Fields - Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson - Harlem by New Politics 

3. It's tiny, tiny, tiny. We have a queen sized bed, against the wall, with one nightstand. We also have a tall dresser and a low dresser with a mirror. 

4. Leftovers :) My wife and I met up for a nice Valentine's Day lunch (going out to dinner on Valentines is awful) and took home half our meals. 

5. My mom and her husband are supposed to arrive Saturday evening and then we'll go hang out in NH on Sunday. But there's a big storm that's supposed to come through so I'm worried their flight is going to be cancelled.

ETA: paragraph separation this time, hopefully

Me: 28 DW: 28

Together since 5/30/02. Married since 8/31/08

IUI#1 - 12/13/13 = BFN

IUI#2 - 1/22/14 = BFN

IUI#3 - 2/21/14 = BFN

IUI#4 - 3/23/14

• @KH826 - Today is our sweet cat Manny's 3rd birthday! Reese is so cute! So is your belly!!

@CrazyAunt84 - that is a crazy but awesome valentine's day story!! and @healz413 yours is good too! LOL!

1. When I was in first grade, I remember the teacher going out into the hallway and getting valentines left but students in other classes. When she called my name I was stunned! (I was fat, wore these huge 70's eyeglasses and J says I looked a bit 'special' in 1st grade). Turned out it was from my cousin who was a big kid in 5th grade. I figured my aunt made him do it but I choose to be totally touched anyhow. I was so excited when she called my name!!

2. Little secret on this question - J is making a Happy playlist on Spotify - she ran a record store for many years and asked her posse on FB and got 89 responses! The list has 150+ songs now. I'll post it for you all separately :). It stemmed from me only wanting to play happy music while I'm pregnant!

Ok my pick was "Star" by Erasure, and "Sing me Spanish Techno" by New Pornographers (J wore a New Pornographers t-shirt on our first date, as an aside). There are SO many fun songs on this list. OMG I am excited to share!

3. Our house is 100 years old, has plaster walls and is 12'x13'. We have a bed and nightstands from Dania, modernish looking, and J's mid-century dresser. My clothes/dresser are in the baby's room... it's the same size. Walls are a light mushroom color. We have a piece of cool art a friend of mine made and I got from a gallery downtown; and a pic from our wedding, plus a few other smaller pieces of original art. And a decent sized window!

4. Well, we were at DFW eating terrible food at TGIFriday's. BUT last night we went to a cool local place we love and had happy hour - so it felt like we had a 5-course tasting menu but for WAY cheaper. J's favorite are the "bunny bites" - basically rabbit mcnuggets - but we also had celery bisque, housemade prezel rolls, salad and dessert!

5. We are in Monroe, LA for J's gramma's 90th bday party tomorrow. Then to Little Rock on Sunday for a few days before New Orleans!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• J's favorite are the "bunny bites" - basically rabbit mcnuggets - but we also had celery bisque, housemade prezel rolls, salad and dessert!

And this is why I love J.  YUM.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• J's favorite are the "bunny bites" - basically rabbit mcnuggets - but we also had celery bisque, housemade prezel rolls, salad and dessert!

And this is why I love J.  YUM.
    @ball.and.chain - and J loves you because of Neutral Milk Hotel, who we are planning to see in New Orleans on Thursday at their sold out show!!! :)

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• 1. Mine is from yesterday. I still was off from school because of our snow storm. I had a co-worker of Sarah's pick her up and drive her that day. I showed up to get her with a dozen roses I arranged in a vase with a pink ribbon, 3 balloons...1 that said I love you 1 that was a monkey balloon (her fav) and 1 pooh because i call her pooh bear. She wants to do nursery one day in Winnie the Pooh. I also brought her a picture of us for her desk and a container of her favorite life saver gummy candy. Her face turned very red as people she works with see her as the "man". She loved every min though! Then we TRIED to go for a nice dinner but it was packed everywhere so we grabbed something quick before heading downtown. It was fun because I thought for SURae she got nosy and figured it out ahead of time. All I told her was that she had to dress up. I had her convinced I was taking her to get professional pics taken (which she hates). She was so nervous she was biting nails and begging me to cancel. I gave her 50 reasons she had to. Really I was taking her to see "Les Miserables" as they were on tour though Raliegh and is one of her favorite musicals. It was a great night and she was so excited. Poor thing is sick today though! My gift from her was a pamer package...hair, mani/pedi AND a massage! :) got hair done today. 2. Idk why but "black Betty"... I get all pumped up! "House of the rising sun" (was my dad's fav and I think of him every time I hear it or sing it. "Thousand Years" lovey dovey 3. Tall weird ceiling that makes room look larger than it is. Windows and doors make it hard to put a lot of furniture In room despite the larger size. Also have a large dog crate for our two not large dogs! 4. Lol we ended up at golden c. Barf! We ran out of time and was first thing we came to that we could get some healthier options. 5. Today we had our 2nd day of sat. School. Yuck! Only 5 more to go. Year round school sucks for that reason! After school I went and got a new haircut and highlights put in! I then came home to take care of a sick wife. Tomorrow will probably be the same. As a bonus...friends of the fam are coming into town tues. With their now 7 year old boy/girl twins. This fam is cool. Their parents met in the circus....yes the circus. He did lighting and sound and she was an acro. They left circus but both are back. Gabi is no longer an acro and he now is a stage manager. They live on the train with the kids. It was neat to see how that life works. Pretty unreal. So I'm very excited to spend time with them Tues. They lived here with my sis for a year then had their own place. I helped take came of them when they were here, but it's been about 2 years since I've seen them in person. Pip from last night (dark hair) and today (lighter hair). :)

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"