September 2014 Moms

Cleaning Products

Hey ladies -

I love to clean (I know - total nerd, right?) Anyway, I know there are certain things that you are supposed to stay away from using while pregnant, so I was wondering what products have you been using to clean your house? Thanks!

Re: Cleaning Products

• Better life... Awesome stuff that works great and smells good!
  • I think it is awesome you want to stay away from the toxins in conventional cleaners!

I hope you don't mind me plugging my own blog but I wrote a post on the 10 essential items for green cleaning (with links to recipes and how to use them). Vinegar is great but sometimes you need different cleaners. These are all safe and nontoxic. --> https://naturallymindful.com/2014/01/10-essential-items-green-cleaning.html
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks everyone! Thanks @Athena0809 for the alternate recipes to vinegar based ones. I have used vinegar before, but the smell of it made me wretch even before I was pregnant. I am fine with it in salad dressings, but for some strange reason it bothers me when I clean with it. I guess I'm not used to smelling it everywhere.

• I use Norwex cleaning cloths. They are anti bacterial and clean amazingly well, better than anything I've ever used before. They have zero chemicals so I love them. You have to buy them through a consultant, but it is so worth it!

photo Untitled-1_zps25768757.jpg BabyFetus TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just use the Lysol wipes, Windex, and Mr Clean magic erasers. For floors, I get my Swiffer vac and Wet Jet. I just wear gloves when cleaning. I wish I was motivated to do more (or any) deep cleaning. Hoping I get that "nesting instinct" where I compulsively clean everything.
  • I also use Norwex cleaning cloths, just clean with a cloth and water. I actually bought so much of their stuff that I sell it on the side. Check it out if you are interested. It also saves a TON of money because you never again will buy Windex, Pledge, Lysol, any of it.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited February 2014
    ELL31310 said:

I use Norwex cleaning cloths. They are anti bacterial and clean amazingly well, better than anything I've ever used before. They have zero chemicals so I love them. You have to buy them through a consultant, but it is so worth it!

I love these! I stopped using cleaners like Windex and just use the microfibre cloths, they're great. I also use vinegar for almost everything.

For more chemically stuff like the toilet, I just get h to do it...problem solved!

Oh and I use a Rubbermaid Reveal on the floors...it's like a WetJet but you use your own liquid (I use water and vinegar).

• I use Norwex cleaning cloths. They are anti bacterial and clean amazingly well, better than anything I've ever used before. They have zero chemicals so I love them. You have to buy them through a consultant, but it is so worth it!
    I love these! I stopped using cleaners like Windex and just use the microfibre cloths, they're great. I also use vinegar for almost everything. For more chemically stuff like the toilet, I just get h to do it...problem solved! Oh and I use a Rubbermaid Reveal on the floors...it's like a WetJet but you use your own liquid (I use water and vinegar).

I've never heard of the Rubbermaid Reveal - I'll have to check that out. That would be awesome for everyday minor clean-ups (not just for baby, but for our two furbabies too!)

• I use ecloths (like Norwex, maybe not as nice I'm not sure, but much less expensive), and a vinegar/water/dawn soap mixture in a spray bottle for tubs/sinks/counters. I do use bleach wipes and Lysol for the toilet. As green as I am, I still want bleach for that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"