January 2013 Moms

Sleep regression- long post

My LO is 12 months old and we just switched him to wcm. At the same time he suddenly is afraid to be apart from us (and caretakers) when going to sleep. He used to just fall asleep when rocking or after feeding or get drousey and we would put in crib. He used to wake for a bottle once a night and we would feed him and he would go right back to bed no issues or crying. The last 3 nights he screams and clings to us when putting him down. He literally will try to climb up us to avoid going in the crib. I have tried to rock him but his eyes spring open as soon as I get near the crib. Last night I tried sleep training ( let him cry and go into room after 5,10,15,20 min) and didn't pick him up just pat and lay back down. He seemed to get more and more worked up when I would enter the room and leave. After 1 hour he fell asleep with his head on the crib rails (break my heart!) he woke up at 4:00am and cried for 5 min. I went in and gave him reassurance and he sat there in his crib for 50 minutes just staring at the door. After 50 min he started crying and by this time it was after 5 so I made him a bottle. He went back to bed okay. Only 5 min crying. Any advise on what to do about seperation anxiety at night given this is new? Is it bad to try sleep training? I struggle with when to go in room and reassure verses trying to let him work it out on his own. Urg! Why now!

Re: Sleep regression- long post

• Your LO is one of the younger ones so you might just be hitting the wonder week that some of us went through a few weeks back. Its a phase. Everyone on here knows I suck at CIO of any kind so I would give lots of cuddles and rock to sleep but if you decide to sleep train then just be consistent with whatever you do and hopefully it passes quick. You aren't alone!!! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you both! He turned 1 on jan 29th so I hope that is all it is. He is sleeping with me now as I couldn't do it tonight. He seems terrified and he had his blanket and nuk so not much else I could other than let him cry or pick him up. I tried CIO for 30 min and gave in.... Hope I am not creating a bigger isse!
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine turned 1 on Jan 1st and I have been dealing with this night time speration anxiety for almost two weeks now. I intro'd a lovey but it just won't do. He HAS to be holding my arm when he's asleep and if I do manage to scoot away from him in bed I wake up to him right up on me. I hope it passes quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"