March 2014 Moms

GD check in

We're almost there ladies, just a few more weeks (hopefully) of this crap.

How far along are you?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

When you were diagnosed?

Are you on insulin?

How did this past week go for you?

Anything you’re struggling with and need help with?

If you could have any food, regardless of carb count, what would it be?

Any recipe/favorite snack/favorite meal idea to share?

QOTW:  If you had to pick just ONE, what is your favorite TV show right now?  What are some shows that drive you crazy, but you cannot stop yourself from watching?

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

Re: GD check in

• How far along are you? 35 weeks

When you were diagnosed?  14 weeks

Are you on insulin?  2x per day

How did this past week go for you?  Better, my numbers were better and I didn't feel so grouchy about my limited diet.

Anything you’re struggling with and need help with?  Not really

If you could have any food, regardless of carb count, what would it be?  I've really wanted some chocolate.  I swear I could polish off an entire box of chocolates right now, the kind you might get for Vday.

Any recipe/favorite snack/favorite meal idea to share? Half of an 8 inch turkey sub and a pickle from Jimmy Johns works for me.  Though it makes me want to stab MH whose over there eating his whole sub, plus a cookie, plus chips and a regular pop instead of diet.

QOTW: If you had to pick just ONE, what is your favorite TV show right now? What are some shows that drive you crazy, but you cannot stop yourself from watching?  My favorite show right now would have to be The Walking Dead.  It scares me so much and gives me nightmares but I love it.  My trainwreck shows are Teen Mom, and My 600 lb life.  They make me so angry and I spent the entire hour yelling at the TV but I can't stop watching them.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• How far along are you?
    37.5 weeks

When you were diagnosed? 
    28 weeks

Are you on insulin? 
    Yep, seven units before bedtime. 

Meh. My numbers have been okay, but I've cheated a lot and feel bad about it. I go between feeling terrible that I'm cheating and then trying to be okay with it because my numbers aren't really THAT high and he looks great at all of my NSTs and he's only measuring in the 50th percentile. 

I think I'm getting the hang of things finally, now that I'm in the home stretch. Eleven days or less!

This week I've been craving strawberry pop tarts in a bad way. 

Not really, I'm running out of ideas. 

QOTW: If you had to pick just ONE, what is your favorite TV show right now? What are some shows that drive you crazy, but you cannot stop yourself from watching?
    I watch an unhealthy amount of Criminal Minds. I don't really watch anything that drives me crazy, although DH just found this show called Sex Sent me to the ER on TLC and I get sucked in every time. It is hilarious. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • karacakes98karacakes98 member
    edited February 2014
    How far along are you?
    36.5 weeks

When you were diagnosed?
    FOREVER ago

Are you on insulin?
    Diet controlled

Fine numbers-wise, terrible mentally. I'm over this crap and now that I'm gaining weight for the first time this pregnancy, I'm even more over it. I weigh enough already. If I'm not allowed to freaking eat anything I ever want, I sure as heck don't want to be gaining weight. I know, I know -- flame away. I really don't care.

Just want to be done. I'm very bitter at this point. Being diagnosed very early 2nd tri is so, so much harder than being diagnosed in 3rd tri.

Sweets, chips and queso, fajitas

I do chicken salad with pita chips sometimes. It's good.

QOTW:  If you had to pick just ONE, what is your favorite TV show right now?  What are some shows that drive you crazy, but you cannot stop yourself from watching?
    The Following! I don't really have any answer for the second question. If it's annoying, I quit watching.
    Bubba, born Jan. 2007 * Sissy, born Apr. 2009 * Baby Sister, born Feb. 2014
  • I'm 33 weeks-ish, diagnosed at 20 weeks-ish. Diet controlled.

I've just about had it. I feel like I'm losing all self control. But it's all relative. Like, yesterday I ate two FiberOne 90 calorie brownies within an hour and felt so guilty. And yeah, it's way over my carb limit. But FFS, it's two diet brownies. Oh, and I also had a latte after breakfast. Not supposed to have milk. So, two diet brownies and 8oz of milk in a day and I can hear my diabetes nurse in my head yelling "But that's not SAFE for your BABY!!!!" I miss the days when breaking my diet meant "Oh, well, I guess I won't lose any weight this week." instead of "YOU'RE RUINING THE LIFE OF YOUR UNBORN CHILD."

And I've decided to re-watch all of the West Wing on Netflix. I love it. That is all. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @karacakes98, I feel you.  Since my BFP I had a pretty steady 10 pound deficit, either from morning sickness, this diet or both.  Over the months I've gained a pound or two here and there, and then lost it the next week but never going over the weight I was the day I got my BFP.

So my doctor tells me the other day I had a 5 pound weight gain in the last 2 weeks.  I kinda wanted to say, so?  I'm 35 weeks, I hardly think 5 pounds in two weeks is anything to get up in arms about.  Besides I still say I haven't gained anything.  At the doctor I have clothes on, sometimes heavier clothes than others, I may have just eaten lunch.  At home I weigh in at the same time, every week, after peeing, before eating and naked.  I'm going with my scale.

I was overweight before getting pregnant so I have that weight to lose, so it's kind of become a challenge of mine to see if I can make it my entire pregnancy without gaining anything.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

• @AlexisDKruse my MW insists that if your numbers aren't high, there's so additional risk with a GD pregnancy and no special measures are necessary. [-( However, I haven't carried a baby to 39 weeks before, anyway. I'm just hoping this LO continues the trend.

@angelsnight I was the same way! I was down a few pounds up until a month ago. I was all excited. Then I suddenly put on enough to be up 10 total since BFP. WTF.
    Bubba, born Jan. 2007 * Sissy, born Apr. 2009 * Baby Sister, born Feb. 2014
  • crystaljoannacrystaljoanna member
    edited February 2014
    How far along are you? 33.5 weeks

When you were diagnosed?  28 weeks

Are you on insulin?  Glyboride 1.25 mg at night.

How did this past week go for you?  Can I seriously just make this my GD bitchfest?!  I have worked my ass off to get these blood sugar levels under control, so much so that I threw off my ketone levels.  At the 29 week ultrasound, my little guy's belly was in the 97th percentile - big.  After 4 weeks, his belly has still grown larger and it is still in the 97th percentile.  His height is still in the 50th percentile range.  They estimate his weight to be 6 pounds 1 oz and I've got 6.5 weeks ago.  I'm beyond frustrated - but then I remind myself how much bigger his belly might be without the monitoring.  So while my sugar levels are normal, with the exception of about one every day that hits 140, I feel like my efforts have been useless.  My OB does not want him to get bigger than 8.8 pounds.  If he does, it means a c-section.  She is basing this on my height - I'm five feet tall - so thinks this is the cutoff.  It is pretty funny - I went from hippy dippy giving birth in a birth center with no meds to a very likely c-section.  About the furthest you can get from the original plan!  Guess this little - or should I say big - guy is teaching me a few things before he's getting here.  Slowing down to accommodate all of these appointments, being adaptable to plans, etc.  

Anything you’re struggling with and need help with?  I guess see above!

If you could have any food, regardless of carb count, what would it be?  Everything.  I want all the food.  Reese's easter eggs are sitting in my hospital bag and I want those so bad!

Any recipe/favorite snack/favorite meal idea to share?  This past week I have fallen in love with my Vitamix all over again - I've made frozen yogurt - 1/2 cup mountain high full fat yogurt with frozen fruit - broccoli and cheese bisque soup, and I'm making a cauliflower, cashew, soup concoction today for lunch.  On Saturday, a friend and I are getting together and I'm making healthy protein doughnuts!  Here's the link for the doughnuts - https://toneitup.com/2013/06/its-national-donut-day-time-to-celebrate/.  All the doughnut talk this week was making me crave them like crazy!  I haven't made these yet, so I'll let the group know how they turn out.

QOTW:  If you had to pick just ONE, what is your favorite TV show right now?  What are some shows that drive you crazy, but you cannot stop yourself from watching?  The only show I watch is the Walking Dead.  And I'm watching Lost reruns while I'm resting in bed.  We don't have a TV on the main floor of the house so if I wanted to watch TV, it would require going upstairs where there isn't a bathroom.  And that's just not happening.
    Officially started TTC January 2012
    Dx with PCOS November 2012
    2/2013 - First round of Femara - No O
    Took 2 months to get vaccinated from the chickenpox
    5/2013 - Second round Femara - No O
    6/2013 - Third round of Femara + HCG Trigger Shot = O!
    7/18/2013 - Found out I was pregnant
    Dx with Gestational Diabetes at 28 weeks
    Dx with Macrosomia at 33 weeks
    Taking Glyburide and Metformin to control GD
    Due date is March 29th but we are moving forward with a scheduled C-Section on March 25th

• @AlexisDKruse – I so know how you feel about that tilapia!  I had the same thing happen to me about two weeks ago – tilapia, veggies, and quinoa.  How the hell can you go wrong with tilapia?!  I talked to my nutritionist about the stupid tilapia and she mentioned that adding some fat into the meal could have helped.  That would probably explain why you could go out to eat the night after you had tilapia and have that 105 reading – maybe more fat with that meal?

Due date is March 29th but we are moving forward with a scheduled C-Section on March 25th

• How far along are you?  35w 2d, but if you ask the doctor I'm 35w 6d  That was new yesterday!

When you were diagnosed?  28 weeks

Are you on insulin?  nope

How did this past week go for you?  Fine, my numbers lowered back down to their normal range.  My fingers are all bruised though.

Anything you’re struggling with and need help with?  My fingers hurt and I'm SO freaking tired of eating the same things every day.

If you could have any food, regardless of carb count, what would it be?  Donuts, I blame all the donut gifs!

Any recipe/favorite snack/favorite meal idea to share?  Nothing new.  I've been eating a lot of trail mix.

QOTW:  If you had to pick just ONE, what is your favorite TV show right now?  What are some shows that drive you crazy, but you cannot stop yourself from watching?  We don't have regular tv just Netflix and Amazon Prime, but thankfully I can still stream from fox.com to get The Following!  Otherwise there isn't anything to watch that makes me crazy.  I miss regular US tv.  :(

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• @akpuffin - hopefully the donut recipe above will satisfy the craving - I'll know more Saturday!

Update on cauliflower cheese cashew soup recipe - not bad. 1 cup cauliflower, 1 oz cheddar cheese, half a can of garbanzo beans, 1/8 cup cashews, water, salt, pepper, and some truffle oil from trader joe's. Blended it for 5 minutes and voila! It was good and really filling - and my reading was 110.

• How far along are you? 33 weeks

When you were diagnosed? 31 weeks

Are you on insulin? No, but I think medicine is coming at least next week

How did this past week go for you? Pretty good. All my after meal numbers are at or below the goal

Anything you’re struggling with and need help with? My out of bed number is regularly around 106 and I can't figure out how to get it down. I eat a snack before bed (usually Greek yogurt and blueberries or cottage cheese). I've varied the amount and time that I have it and there's no difference.

If you could have any food, regardless of carb count, what would it be? Still sticking with my thin mints. I plan on demolishing a whole box after baby boy is here.

Any recipe/favorite snack/favorite meal idea to share? Greek yogurt and frozen blueberries, sometimes with a little bit of farm honey.

QOTW: If you had to pick just ONE, what is your favorite TV show right now? What are some shows that drive you crazy, but you cannot stop yourself from watching? Walking Dead is always my favorite.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
    image"">image
  • How far along are you?
    35w 3d

When you were diagnosed?
    28w

Are you on insulin?
    No

It was pretty good. All my numbers have been pretty good 80-90 all day, bit spike if I eat too much bread, pasta or rice. I'm really impressed by my self will to not down the Valentine candy bags I made for my friends and family. It's quite torturous but I saved a bag for me and will bring to the hospital once baby boy is out and I get the all clear. Seriously can't wait. But can at the same time.

I'm becoming very hormonal and irrational and the strict diet isn't helping. I'm grateful my GD has been able to be controlled by diet alone, but I still go through the whole "I hate being diseased while pregnan" thing. I hate pre-eclampsia with DD which was way worse because I was on bed rest by 34 weeks, and had emergency CS at 37 weeks. So I'm just hoping I can have a normal birth this time around. Sorry for the rant.

Chocolate, chocolate, with a side of chocolate. To know I've gone 7 weeks without it so far is the second greatest accomplishment I've ever achieved, first being baking babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"