3rd Trimester
Options

Should I be worried?

Hi all, So I am 36 weeks 3 days pregnant with my first. Everything has been going really good through the pregnancy until this morning. I woke up feeling like I was having contractions but they aren't following a pattern and they calm down when I'm walking but they are pretty painful. I also haven't felt her move since last night and when I start pushing on my stomach to make her move around for me my stomach just tightens up so I can't push on it anymore and she doesn't move. I went bowling last night but I took it easy and wasn't pushing myself. I felt a little sore after but took a warm shower last night and felt better. Do I need to worry about not being able to feel her move or these weird contractions? O and they only other thing was she has been in position for a while now but it's weird that since last night the bottom of my belly has felt really soft until I start pushing on it and the top has been really firm and then rock hard when I push on it. It's been the opposite for me this whole pregnancy up until now. Is that something to cause concern as well? Sorry if that is a lot and I am just crazy but it was a long road getting here for me and the husband after losing our first at 22 weeks and being told that it's gonna take some hard work to get pregnant again. But after 7 months of fertility I don't wanna just assume everything is ok and I'm pretty worried now.

Re: Should I be worried?

• Options
    Sounds like you are having braxton hicks.  Drink a lot of water and rest a bit.  If you still don't feel her move, drink some OJ (or somethng else sugary) and lay down again.  If you are still worried - call you doc.

It sounds like she has shifted position also which would explain why your belly feels hard in a different spot :)
  • Options
    I'd drink something cold and sugary and lay on your left side to see if you can get movement. If you don't feel anything for an hour, call your doctor.

The lack of movement worries me more than the contractions.

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with PP, try to drink something cold and lay down. They do sound like BH, if you don't feel movement soon I would call you doctor
  • Options

I'd drink something cold and sugary and lay on your left side to see if you can get movement. If you don't feel anything for an hour, call your doctor.

The lack of movement worries me more than the contractions.

This. You shouldn't go more than a few hours without feeling movement. Even with having BH.
  • Options
    I hope you either felt the baby move or called your OB. That is a long time to feel no movement, even (and maybe especially) with BHs. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the answers. I drank something sugary and I felt movement for a while but it's less than normal. Normal is kicking all day long (seriously). I also talked to my doctor just to be safe and he said as long as my contractions don't start on a pattern then he is going to wait until my appointment to see me. He also said as long as I am feeling some movement at least 3-5 kicks every 1-2 hours then I should be ok. If it's less than that then we will do a non stress test. I thought BH weren't supposed to hurt? Thanks for all the help it definitely mad me feel better.
  • Options
    BH can definitely hurt. Mine get so bad at times I have to squeeze my husband's hand. Dehydration also plays a factor, when I'm hydrated I don't get them nearly as bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"