Dads & Dads-to-be

Any other motorcycle people out there?

......or am I the only one?

Re: Any other motorcycle people out there?

• I love motorcycles but I have a depth perception issue along with a wondering mind that makes it too dangerous for me to own one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wulfgar said:
    I love motorcycles but I have a depth perception issue along with a wondering mind that makes it too dangerous for me to own one.
    yeah depth perception is pretty important, especially for as quickly as bikes accelerate nowadays.....

that shouldnt stop you from getting a small dirt bike and putting around every now and then!
  • Loading the player...
  • I grew up racing motorcross and have had street bikes for years. When the economy tanked, I started buying wrecked bikes, fixing them and flipping them for extra money. I fixed and flipped about 20 bikes in 2 years in my basement. Have not had a dirt bike in years though.

Proud 40 year old, first time daddy!
  • spotco2 said:
    have not had a dirt bike in years though.
    thats a dammed shame..... you can have a pretty nice old dirt bike now for a grand!  get on it!
  • Naw, don't want an old dirt bike. I've got friends that race super moto and one has 5 acres of tracks. If I want to ride one, I'll just go over there.

I grew up in the country on 100+ acres. We always had room to ride. Still have plenty of land but it's all 30 miles away and honestly have no desire to even go out there just to ride.

I've thought about an enduro, but my cruisers were a lot more comfortable and some were a hellova lot faster.
    Proud 40 year old, first time daddy!
  • I've got 2 in the garge right now that haven't been ride for a few months now.
  • spotco2 said:
    Naw, don't want an old dirt bike. I've got friends that race super moto and one has 5 acres of tracks. If I want to ride one, I'll just go over there.

I've thought about an enduro, but my cruisers were a lot more comfortable and some were a hellova lot faster.
    but they cant turn!  and if you have a friend with a supermoto track why arent you there right now??
  • I've got 2 in the garge right now that haven't been ride for a few months now.
    Snow?  what do you have?
  • I know i just posted in my intro but I've got a 05 yamaha r6 and a 75 cb125s im restoring. Ya we get quite a bit of snow in South Dakota
  • I know i just posted in my intro but I've got a 05 yamaha r6 and a 75 cb125s im restoring. Ya we get quite a bit of snow in South Dakota
    sorry to hear that!  74 degrees today in Los Angeles....... I usually ride about 350 days a year.  Not sure I could carry on without being able to ride all the time.  Keeps me sane
  • Maybe i can the wife into letting me get a dual sport or supermoto so i can ride all year round
  • supermotos are TONS of fun.  Very forgiving, and pretty cheap.  I doubt there is a way to have more fun for less money.
        We have a supermoto school out here called Socal Supermoto and for $200 you get a bike and an entire day of track time.  Best 200 i have ever spent - multiple times.  My avatar is from one of the classes
  • Might have to look into that ill be in California in April most people around hear don't have any idea what a supermoto is. but u can street legalize just about anything so most just slap a plate on there quad or sometimes dirtbikes but not very often
  • Might have to look into that ill be in California in April most people around hear don't have any idea what a supermoto is. but u can street legalize just about anything so most just slap a plate on there quad or sometimes dirtbikes but not very often
    yeah look up socalsupermoto.com - brian, a buddy of mine runs it out of Riverside.  Look into it early because his classes are small and he sells out quick.  Its a TON of fun and you learn a lot in a day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"