December 2013 Moms
Options

Last Day of Maternity Leave = Laid Off

I got a call on Friday, last day of my 9 week maternity leave, that my company no longer has a position for me. They are a small "family" business and don't have to comply with FMLA rules. While on Maternity leave I had already gotten a call that they were changing me locations without even asking. Well that was gonna really screw things up with babysitters, taking so long to get to and from each time but what can you do. Well turns out the guy I was gonna assit turned in his notice. So instead of finding me another position within the company, they let me go. I know they are going to hire others for my "new office" but they just wanted to screw me over. Long story, but owners daughter is a wench and decided from the get go she was out for my blood. So I guess she finally got her way. But to screw a new mom over is just unthinkable. So now I'm looking for a new job! Thoughts and prayers for a better position are appreciated!!

Re: Last Day of Maternity Leave = Laid Off

• Options
    Ugh, that is super shitty of them to do! I'm sorry :(. Keep your head up though. I'm sure you'll find something soon!

• Options
    Ugh that sucks so much. Hoping you find something even better soon!

~*~*~You're Such A Pretty Melody, I'm Just Another Tattooed Tragedy~*~*~
    FKA: Mireland23  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh. My work has been screwing me over from day 1 so I can relate. Luckily I make my direct supervisors job super easy so he would never allow them to fill my position. Hope you find something better, and enjoy a little more time off with LO!
  • Options
    I agree with @Cashingn2, it's unethical. But, if the situation was ugly before, maybe you're better off?? Sorry you're dealing with it and hoping you find something new soon. :(

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• Options
    Ugh that's terrible, I'm sorry! I hope you can find something new and better!

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • Options
    How awful! Hope that you can find something great soon! Sounds like those douches didn't deserve you anyways! :)
  • Options
    Ugh, I would be so pissed! Hopefully you will find something even better!

Plus side is you get more time with LO while you job search. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What a bunch of jerks! Makes me want to scream at the bosses daughter for you. I'm so sorry. Good luck and fingers crossed that you find a new and better job soon. Can you at least collect unemployment? I'm not sure exactly how that all works with maternity leave and all.

IAmPregnant Ticker
    Dream celeb baby daddy- Prince Harry
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    OP, do you mind sharing what state you live in? Most states have "at will" employment laws that will protect your employer, but there are a few states like CA where they may not be able to get away with those shenanigans!
  • Options
    Man that sucks!! So wrong of them.
  • Options
    @ellietrimble I live in TX. @nurseKMM I can collect unemployment luckily! But they had just denied me a bonus and then didn't offer me a severance either, just totally crappy. @arnold94 that sucks, I'm sorry that happened to you too. I've decided working for a small, family business is just not worth it bc they can get away with murder. Yes it's great I get to spend more time with LO and be a little selective with my job search! I appreciate the support ladies!
  • Options
    Well, TX is definitely an "at will" state- that sucks! I'm so sorry and I hope you find something better!
  • Options
    Sounds like you're better off without them.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    Oof, that blows. Sounds like quite the toxic environment. Fingers crossed that you find something better, and fast!
  • Options
    Sorry they did that but I think you'll be better off in the end they sound like assholes anyways! GL in your search and enjoy the extra bonding time with LO!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"