November 2012 Moms

OMG...will my kid ever STTN????

We were doing so well.....almost in his crib all night....and then he got sick. We thought it would be bad, and then he did 3 nights almost straight through in his crib. We were thrilled...no regression. And now this screaming and tantruming, I guess he was still wiped from the flu those first 3 days? 

Now I am sitting here listening to him scream and throw a tantrum because he wants me. And to make matters worse, as of last night he has now learned to call "Mama....Dada...." When he is crying To make me feel even worse. I'm holding my ground as I did last night in hopes that we can reset him and get back on track to STTN (which we can count on two hands for his lifetime.....no joke). It's breaking my heart, but something's gotta give. We cannot keep doing this and he can't keep coming into our bed (no one sleeps well that way---including V). The only thing that keeps me going is he does stop for 10 min or so increments. There is hope, 

Update: 45 minutes.....he just laid down and went to sleep. Last night it was much longer. Lets hope it lasts. Of course, now I'm wide awake. Not sure how I'm going to keep my eyes pried open at school tomorrow after 3 straight nights of this. 
IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OMG...will my kid ever STTN????

• Oh man. I'm sorry. It's so hard to hear them cry. Hang in there mama. We've had our nights like that. It'll get better. It's so hard when they get older and call you and your heart hurts. Personally, I'm comfortable with giving 10-15 minutes of real crying before going in and comforting him. It isn't easy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Oh honey..... We were having a great streak here then last night we were up for 2.5 hrs .... I'm not preg so I can't imagine how tired you must be. I'm sure you are off today so nap when V naps.
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel for you! I hope V starts STTN soon, you must be tired.
  • So sorry!!  Know that you're not alone, M woke up last night at 3am.  I hope that things get better for you guys!

• Can't imagine dealing with it while pregnant, but know you are not alone. I can count on one hand, make that 2 fingers, the amount of times O has slept for 11 hours straight. On a good night she still wakes around 5 to eat and then goes back down until 7.

I've found myself wondering a lot lately if she will ever stop wanting to nurse in the MOTN. Sigh. Hope things get back on track for you guys!!

• I'm in the same boat. I think M has slept through the night (more than 6 hours straight) a total of 2 times in his life.  We're in a tiny apartment and with the boys sharing a room and our room right next to theirs, it's hard to sleep train. Not to mention, DH thinks M may have allergy-induced asthma (damn TX) because he's wheezing at night. I am definitely looking forward to getting more sleep in the near future, hopefully.
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"