March 2014 Moms

DH used a primer with VOCs - so angry!

Re: DH used a primer with VOCs - so angry!

• kstar83kstar83 member
    edited February 2014
    NanaCook said:
    92! 92! I was absolutely turrified that you'd flame me for my lack of years on earth. BUT! I had 3 older brothers & parents who bought us old toys...so we played with pogs even after they weren't cool anymore & played N64 even after play station had been invented. Ps. I can school any of your in N64 MarioKart.
    um i had regular nintendo. None of this N64 BS. and Pogs? What the tarnation are pogs?
  • We had a slammer with a creepy clown that was holographic, and metal. Of course being the youngest I never got to play with it..
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • kstar83 said:
    NanaCook said:
    92! 92! I was absolutely turrified that you'd flame me for my lack of years on earth. BUT! I had 3 older brothers & parents who bought us old toys...so we played with pogs even after they weren't cool anymore & played N64 even after play station had been invented. Ps. I can school any of your in N64 MarioKart.
    um i had regular nintendo. None of this N64 BS. and Pogs? What the tarnation are pogs?

I briefly remember some kids having these in middle school, but then I think those and slap bracelets got banned because some idiot poked their eye out. So I never played with them.
  • pattipantspattipants member
    edited February 2014
    t
    Oh my dear god. N64 makes you think you're old school? :(
    I have an Intellivision from 1977 with fake wood paneling. That thing is my shit.
    Yep, I had an Atari, and that's it. o__O
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Unplanned pregnancy July 2005; EDD 3/27/06; birthdaughter born 3/15/06 (38w2d) (placed for adoption).
    TTC since December 2012, BFP 6/25/13. EDD 3/2/14. Baby Elias born 2/21/14 (38w5d)!

• So are we '82ers in the old club or the young club?  I feel so torn!

Right?!
    Sign me up when you decide if we '82ers are old or young. And sign cabbage patch up too.

I'm with you guys, and I vote young.

'82 here as well...I'm thinking young.  I decided many years ago that I won't feel old until 2018 - the year that babies who were born the year I graduated high school will graduate high school :)  

4 more years of youth ahead of me!!

I like the way you think! I'm totally down with that logic!!
  • Agh polly pockets! I had a billion!
    I also had a tamagotchi and an original furby!

I just read this thread..i should have known this would have got off topic-
    But i will add-
    I am a March 1990 baby.
    Glad to know i am not the youngest.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

But i will add-
    I am a March 1990 baby.

I have an original Furby too!!! I wonder if it's worth anything.

I remember when they re-did Polly Pocket because the originals were a choking hazard. I probably have like 8-10 original sets and I turned out just fine. Wussies.

• This thread is awesome! Joining the 86ers. Seriously pogs, the first Nintendo, Super Nintendo, nano pets, boom boxes were the best.

Anyone else record songs from the radio to a cassette, just to listen to them over and over again?

I may have worn stirrup leggings everywhere. Please tell me they are not making a come back?

But i will add-
    I am a March 1990 baby.

I have an original Furby too!!! I wonder if it's worth anything.

I remember when they re-did Polly Pocket because the originals were a choking hazard. I probably have like 8-10 original sets and I turned out just fine. Wussies.
    I know right! I never choked ever on them.
    Well, i did put them in my mouth because my sister wanted to play with the person i wanted too...so theres that. Haha
    Now, my sisters furby freaked me out (and they still do) and i kind of broke it. Oops!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ok. Raise your hand if your first computer had *actual* floppy discs. Where you had to put the system disc in and then after it loaded you had to change discs for every program you ran. And everything was an awful shade of green. Oh yeeeeaaaah. We had it good!

Heck yes. We had an original Mackintosh (before they got all trendy and shortened it to Mac). Floppy discs were awesome.

• Ok. Raise your hand if your first computer had *actual* floppy discs. Where you had to put the system disc in and then after it loaded you had to change discs for every program you ran. And everything was an awful shade of green. Oh yeeeeaaaah. We had it good!

Oh yeah. The best game was chip's challenge.
  • Berry30 said:

jazzyexpo said:

Ok. Raise your hand if your first computer had *actual* floppy discs. Where you had to put the system disc in and then after it loaded you had to change discs for every program you ran. And everything was an awful shade of green. Oh yeeeeaaaah. We had it good!

Oh yeah. The best game was chip's challenge.

Another 82 here! Oregon Trail anyone? image

87 here, but we had to play Oregon Trail in history and computer class! My family always died of typhoid fever.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • clo1982 said:
    Please tell me everyone on here is old enough to drink because , sweet baby Jesus, am I going to feel elderly if that is not the case!!!
    I'm a '93 baby. ::hides behind her turkey, mustard and pepper jack cheese sandwich:: Please be kind to the baby of the forum. I won't be legal to drink until the beginning of December.
    Well I'm glad to know I'm not the youngest! I'm here to represent 1990.
    I fear nothing I say in this forum will ever be taken seriously again, at this point. My only experience with the Oregon Trail was one day in high school history, for about five minutes. >_> The only other thing I even recognize is the Skip It toy. Those things destroyed my ankles in gym class. And yet... they were the most sought after recess shiz EVER.
    March 26th, 2014
    9:38am CST
    7 lbs 0.8 oz
    19.75" long
  • @nanacook FINALLY SOMETHING I RECOGNIZE.
    March 26th, 2014
    9:38am CST
    7 lbs 0.8 oz
    19.75" long
  • @anonymousmotherofone cause we're both babies making babes. ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I remember breaking the classroom skip-it in 4th grade. I was mortified. And all I was doing with it was... skipping with it! I swear!
    imageimage
  • Seriously, we had the BEST toys, and TV shows.

I miss the 80s and 90s, man.

• Y'all need Guess the 90's game. DH and I cracked out for hours in sat night playing it.
    BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
  • Oh and I was completely convinced that if I practiced hard enough I too could do the care bear stare. I would seriously spend hours trying to do this. Apparently I really like teddy bear type stuff as a small child lol
  • @bunnyfungo it wasn't your game! We used to joke about that too!

• We watched this show every week at school....

imageimageimage

• I love that I remember all the 90's toys because my sister was little then!! But I played with these:
  • Apple II E
    List, run, load, dir...
    Learned binary.

Some downhill skiing totally digitized game.

Joey Jeremiah & Wheels, and Spike being pregnant.

We had an 8-track player and the radio. (No cassettes until I was around 10 or so)

Flying saucers. (The toboggan)

Wendy Walker?
    Toy cow that drinks 'milk' when you pump it's tail.
    Baby that away.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8eZJHmZ7oVo

• KariB was here.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. We would make my dad play.
    I rocked so hard at this game, and took great joy when my sister got the black ring and couldn't win.

• '85 baby here. We seriously had some of the best games, toys, shows. It makes me sad that my baby won't have those. I don't really know what the popular toys/shows are now, but I guess I will be learning.

imageimage

• I feel like such a dork.. I was to busy building crappy tree houses on my parents acreage that I didn't play with normal toys. 

I feel like I missed out.. Like.. I remember them because everyone else had them but I was happy just sitting in a freaking tree.. *sighs*
    I grew up on a farm. Climbing trees, milking cows, bailing hay, chopping wood, chopping heads off chickens...
    Any toys we did get were usually no longer popular by the time we got them. 

• '78... Holla! B-)
  • Ever heard of Atari? School me in that and I'll bow down! :P
  • -------------- Lmao. I feel like you just implied I'm old. Lol. I was in grade 8 when we still used this. We also shared computers with 4 local schools. We got them for 2 months each. Now I FEEL old. Um, who wants a 15 month old while I have a newborn?!?! :-SS

When I was in COLLEGE we would occassionally get dittos (that was 15 years ago though.... ouch).  But I think I had some old school teachers cause even then we were all "what the Eff?"

I remember in Jr. High when you got one of those fresh purple stained ditto sheets.  Everyone would just inhale deep!  And we had a computer closet - once a week we would all gather our chairs around the closet and stare at the green blinking screen.  So weird how fast things change!

• LajandersonLajanderson member
    edited February 2014
    You might be a child of the 70's or 80's if...

*You know what "psych!" means.

*You know the profound meaning of "Wax On Wax Off".

*You know that another name for a keyboard is a "Synthesizer".

*You can name at least half of the members of the BRAT Pack.

*You know who Tina Yothers is.

*You wanted to be a Goonie.

*You felt ashamed when Rob Lowe got into trouble for sex with minors and videotaping it, because you liked him.

*You know who Max Headroom is.

*You ever wore Flourescent, neon clothing.

*You could breakdance, wish you could.

*You wanted to dress like the Hulk at Halloween.

*You believed that "By the Power of Greyskull," you HAD the POWER.

*Partying "like it's 1999" seemed sooo far away.

*You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye.

*You wanted to be on StarSearch.

*You remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off.

*You have worn a Banana Clip, or knew someone who did.

*You owned a doll with "Xavier Roberts" signed on its butt, or knew someone who did.

*You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout".

*You HAD to have your mtv *You hold a special place in your heart for "Back to the Future"

*You know where to go if you "wanna go where everybody knows yourname.

" *You thought Molly Ringwald was REALLY cool.

*You actually thought "Dirty Dancing" was a REALLY good movie.

*You have heard of "Garbage Pail Kids".

*Punks actually "shocked" people.

*You knew "The Artist", when he was humbly called "Prince".

*You actually saw Ted Danson as the MacDaddy he played "Sam" to be.

*You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game.

*You own many cassettes.

*You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be livingon the moon.

*You remember and/or owned any of the CareBear glass collections from Pizza Hut, Or any other stupid collection of glass they came out with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"