October 2014 Moms

GTKY: I was a weird kid.

What made you a weird kid?  All kids do weird things and they always make for a funny story.  So on this boring Wednesday afternoon, share a story of what weird thing you liked to do as a kid.  Or if you have kids already, what makes them weird?

Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.

Re: GTKY: I was a weird kid.

• HiCan said:
    I grew up in the mountains and we always played in the woods.  One day around 10 years old, one of my best friends (to this day) and I were playing "having a baby" in the woods.  Around that time, my sister was pregnant and my friend and I became infatuated with pregnant ladies and babies. I was the nurse and she was sitting on the ground doing lamaze type breathing while I was yelling "puuuush!"  Anyway, we had no idea these young, newlywed neighbors were in their driveway across from us listening to the whole "delivery".  After my friend had her "baby", they started clapping & one of them yelled "congratulations!"  Ohhhh, we were soooo embarrassed.  I don't think we ever looked at them again.
    hahaha.  That is amazing.  ha.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • I used to fall asleep on the toilet. I would prop my legs up on the tub and just take a nap. I also used to make "beds" out of laundry baskets and blankets and then promptly go to sleep in/on them. And I fell asleep behind the recliner one time; my mom couldn't find me and was panicking. I apparently really, really liked nap time when I was little :)

Jackson: December 09' 
    Remington: July 12'
    Piper Jo: October 14'
    m/c on 10/18/13. We miss you Peyton

• edited February 2014
    I wore high-water, colored Mom jeans and tucked my shift up shirt in until middle school.  I got picked on a lot but never seemed to understand why.
  • Nicb13 said:

I have a 17 year old SS who is awesome but does really weird shit sometimes.

Whenever he complains about being too hot, he says he feels it the most in his feet and it drives him crazy. So occasionally, he will disappear and after searching for him in the house, we find him sitting on the back patio with his feet in a bucket of water. He usually just has this look of relief on his face too! He's weird I tell ya!

I sleep with ice packs.  I feel for him.  I have erythromelalgia and if I get warm it's killer.  When my feet get too  hot I just can't even function. 
  • When I was a kid, I didn't like the feel of wet hair on my shoulders so my hair was always wrapped up in a "Chiquita Banana" woman style wrap as soon as I was out of the tub. This also happened at the beach. A lot.

I also used to organize my stuffed animals in the perfect (memorized) formation around my head before I would go to sleep. I wish my parents had taken a photo of this--there had to have been 30 animals on that bed with me.

I'm a bit obsessive compulsive, I think. :)

Son 4/27/12, Son 10/15/14, Daughter 9/29/16....Baby #4 due 10/09/19!  Apparently we get really bored in January ;)
  • When I was a kid, I didn't like the feel of wet hair on my shoulders so my hair was always wrapped up in a "Chiquita Banana" woman style wrap as soon as I was out of the tub. This also happened at the beach. A lot. I also used to organize my stuffed animals in the perfect (memorized) formation around my head before I would go to sleep. I wish my parents had taken a photo of this--there had to have been 30 animals on that bed with me. I'm a bit obsessive compulsive, I think. :)
    That's impressive!
  • HiCan said:

I grew up in the mountains and we always played in the woods.  One day around 10 years old, one of my best friends (to this day) and I were playing "having a baby" in the woods.  Around that time, my sister was pregnant and my friend and I became infatuated with pregnant ladies and babies. I was the nurse and she was sitting on the ground doing lamaze type breathing while I was yelling "puuuush!"  Anyway, we had no idea these young, newlywed neighbors were in their driveway across from us listening to the whole "delivery".  After my friend had her "baby", they started clapping & one of them yelled "congratulations!"  Ohhhh, we were soooo embarrassed.  I don't think we ever looked at them again.

This is the funniest thing I have ever read! Awesome.

Son 4/27/12, Son 10/15/14, Daughter 9/29/16....Baby #4 due 10/09/19!  Apparently we get really bored in January ;)
  • I would sleep walk and pee in closets with no recollection.. I'm pretty sure I was 9 or 10 at the time
  • I used to fall asleep on the toilet. I would prop my legs up on the tub and just take a nap. I also used to make "beds" out of laundry baskets and blankets and then promptly go to sleep in/on them. And I fell asleep behind the recliner one time; my mom couldn't find me and was panicking. I apparently really, really liked nap time when I was little :)
    I would sleep in weird places too, but mostly on trips when I wasn't comfortable with my new surroundings. I slept on an empty suitcase for a week and on the same trip, sleep-walked up 2 stories and fell asleep face down and ass-up under my aunt's dining room table (where my parents found me and took LOTS of pictures).

Also, thought that if I used the toilet in the middle of the night that a vampire would come out of the toilet and bite my butt. :))

• These are hilarious! 

When I was being potty trained I supposedly refused to poop unless I was given a snack. I would stand in the bathroom and throw a tantrum until I was brought one and then proceed to eat it while doing my business. Ew. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I decided around age 8 or so my name was going to be Maxine and that is all I would respond to. Then one day my friend said "oh, maxi like maxi pad" that ended that rebellion pretty quickly.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• I decided around age 8 or so my name was going to be Maxine and that is all I would respond to. Then one day my friend said "oh, maxi like maxi pad" that ended that rebellion pretty quickly.
    haha, My little brother did this!  I had completely forgotten about it.  He decided his name was going to be Scott.  ha.  Now I feel the need to remind him of this. lol
  • When I was young (but old enough to know better) I accidentally caught a scene from the movie "Species" when the alien rips the spine out of a woman on the toilet. I irrationally figured that it was only a matter of time before my spine was ripped out while I was going to the bathroom. It took an inappropriate amount of time to stop "speed peeing" to save my spine. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • MrsL2B said:
    In fifth grade I would spend all my recess time in the library making sure the books were shelved in the proper order. The books were so much more worthy of my attention than my asshat classmates. I was an angry nerd.
    That's the best kind. :x
  • I collected snails in kindergarten and brought my big fish tank of snails in to show and tell. All the kids thought it was gross and made fun of me and made me cry.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• When I was little my mom would take my temperature and I would be furious when she said I was normal. I don't know what I thought normal meant but apparently I was terrified of being "normal"- my mom now says jokingly that I got my wish.

My best friend and I used to act out the fight scene of the lion king with our hands ( pretending they were lions walking around) at the lunch table every day in third grade. We knew every move and every word, and did this probably hundreds of times. We also had animal cracker fights, we would both have aninal crackers packed in our lunch and we would each pick one to "battle" against the other. We would then proceed to smash the crackers into each other and the one that was the least demolished was the champion.

Where do kids come up with this shit?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I was a kid, I didn't like the feel of wet hair on my shoulders so my hair was always wrapped up in a "Chiquita Banana" woman style wrap as soon as I was out of the tub. This also happened at the beach. A lot. I also used to organize my stuffed To: Nn_godinez07@yahoo.com Date: February 7, 2014, 9:47 PM That's impressive!
    EllyD14 said:
    When I was a kid, I didn't like the feel of wet hair on my shoulders so my hair was always wrapped up in a "Chiquita Banana" woman style wrap as soon as I was out of the tub. This also happened at the beach. A lot. I also used to organize my stuffed animals in the perfect (memorized) formation around my head before I would go to sleep. I wish my parents had taken a photo of this--there had to have been 30 animals on that bed with me. I'm a bit obsessive compulsive, I think. :)
    That's impressive!
    Gah, it's the truth--I still remember a lot of their names! I am weird.

• My best friends mom babysat me while my mom worked. My babysitter worked nights cleaning the local hospital, so she slept while I kept her daughter company; and my mom paid $1 an hour. Win win. I'm a year older than my friend, so was clearly thought I was in charge. I have so many stories but my favorite was when we had a competition launching ourselves off the swing to see who could land further away. I went first, and flew face first to the ground. I then convinced Alex to reenact, so I could "see how I looked". Her first try wasn't good enough, I convinced her to do it a second time. We're still friends... :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • yoyopez said:

baby teeth normally get loose and start falling out about age 5 only mine didn't.  i had to go to the dentist and have them pulled 2 - 4 at a time to make room for the other teeth coming in (this went on until about age 10).  i kept all my pulled teeth, roots and all, in a little box.  one day, when i was 8 or 9, i decided to take all the teeth and glue them, in order, in the mouth of this picture i drew of my own head and give it to my friend's mom as a 'thank-you' for letting me spend the night. at the time i couldn't understand why she wouldn't let me give her the picture but now i realize she was mortified!

That must have been one creepy looking picture. haha
  • yoyopezyoyopez member
    edited February 2014

i kept the picture for a long time and eventually popped the teeth off and put them back in their box with bits of glue and construction paper still stuck to them.  i finally tossed them becuase they got very brittle and started breaking into pieces.  don't ask if i still have my wisdom teeth in a box somewhere ;)

• A few of my best friends and I would pretend we were the Spice Girls (I was always Ginger) and we would pretend we were each dating a member of Nsync. On numerous occasions we would "make out" with them (french kissing air). Get pregnant with their babies - complete with bouncy balls stuffed in our shirts. And fake dump them to date the Backstreet Boys group members instead.
    Oh man, me and my friends were OBSESSED with the Spice Girls. I was always Baby Spice. I remember we all wanted to go as the Spice Girls for Halloween but our parents wouldn't let us. We were PISSED and begged for days but they wouldn't give in! Looking back they definitely made the right choice, we would have looked like a group of 10 year old strippers.

DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Around 4th or 5th grade a couple of my friends started getting braces. The rest of us thought they were so cool so we started taking paper clips and bending them to fit around our teeth to make it look like we had braces too. We'd try to make them more realistic by wrapping small pieces of tin foil around them. I'm sure we looked like idiots.
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • I was completely obsessed with stirrup pants. I had a pair in almost every color of the rainbow.  

I was also obsessed with The Monkees.  I had about 20 VHS tapes of their shows and every album they ever made. The drummer Mickey Dolenz was my first crush and I had pictures of him all over my room. 

• MrsL2B said:

In fifth grade I would spend all my recess time in the library making sure the books were shelved in the proper order. The books were so much more worthy of my attention than my asshat classmates. I was an angry nerd.

This was me!

My love for the Dewey Decimal system knows no bounds.

It's probably also the reason why I got fat in 5th grade (skipping recess). Either that or the homemade cow print dresses that my Mom made me.

We had started raising and showing heifers. My nickname was "Beifer." Oh how embarrassing when I look back! I was a heifer.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Kirby513 said:

SaraML13 said:

I was obsessed with apple sauce and would put it on foods that now gross me out.  Macaroni and cheese with apple sauce.  Grilled cheese with apples sauce.  Hot dogs with apple sauce.  

When I would eat hot dogs (cut up on a plate), I would have a pile of ketchup on one side and a pile of apple sauce on the other.  I'd eat the hot dog pieces and dip them into either the ketchup or apple sauce.  Then when I was done with the hot dog, I would mix the apple sauce and ketchup together and eat that.

I still eat applesauce with mac and cheese.  When I was around 7 I was obsessed with the "olden days" and I had some big dress up skirts and bonnets that I would wear all the time.  I also would tie strings to my bike handle bars so I could pretend it was a  horse.  My mom had a heart attack every time I rode my bike in a skirt and holding onto the string.  I did learn how to ride hands free that way though!

Little House on the Prairie was the shit.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• bwobwo member
    edited February 2014

I was completely obsessed with stirrup pants. I had a pair in almost every color of the rainbow.  

I was also obsessed with The Monkees.  I had about 20 VHS tapes of their shows and every album they ever made. The drummer Mickey Dolenz was my first crush and I had pictures of him all over my room. 
    First music album I ever bought was a Monkees record. Love them too!

Eta: spelling
    Me & DH: 34 - Married 2011
    DS: 10-9-14
    MC: 9-4-16

• @bwo Which Monkee was your favorite? :)

• @bwo Which Monkee was your favorite? :)

Oh geez... I can't even remember all their names! I couldn't have been more than 5 yrs old. :) I do remember dancing around my Grandma's house singing "Hey hey, we're the Monkees...people say we monkey around!"
    Me & DH: 34 - Married 2011
    DS: 10-9-14
    MC: 9-4-16

• I had 3 imaginary friends that I would play cards with a lot when I was around 6 or 7. I know I probably looked strange with 4 piles of cards sitting by myself and talking to myself lol. It's even stranger because I had 2 siblings that I could play with lol.

Anniversary 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"