May 2011 Moms

Do maternity support belts help with pelvic pain.pressure

I have some severe pelvic pain and pressure and am wondering if a maternity belt would help me at all.   Everything I read says it helps with lower back pain (which I don't have)

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do maternity support belts help with pelvic pain.pressure

• i only wear it around the house when I am cooking or if I go food shopping, etc. But it has helped me with my lower back pain and the pressure in my bottom, it gives some relief to the "my baby feels like it is going to fall out of me" feeling

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • Unfortunately it didn't help with mine :( It might be different with everyone but for me it didn't work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine helps me a little, but it's not drastic.  Like you, I have pelvic pain/pressure but my back feels ok.
    imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I use one but I'm not sure how much it's helping with the pelvic pain and how much of the pain is just getting better due to my chiropractor. He claims it's a combo of the two. After 4 visits it's gone from unbearable pain to even re-adjust myself on the couch (walking was out for about 4 days) to slight discomfort. I'm not wearing the belt right now because he says it's not really preventative and I feel about 85% better and can't be bothered with it.
  • Mine has helped a TON with pelvic pain! I was barely able to walk when I first got it and it worked almost instantly. I looked online and decided to go with the BRU, heavy duty looking one. 

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10813242

It's a little bulky, but it does the job. I don't think one of the seamless supports would have helped much at all.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My mom sells support belts as part of her job and she says that it is for pelvic pain/pressure and can help with back pain too.  I am experiencing all of the above so I am going to go get one today!!!
  • Mine makes a big difference, thankfully. I have the white one from MM and I way it every day I work. I have really sharp pelvic pain that my MW explained is due to cartilidge separation/something like that. She said the belt would help and it has. 
  • i wear a blanqi (light support body shaper) everyday and i think it helps with my pelvic pain a lot. i notice a big diff on days i don't wear it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!

Hoping it helps!

I'm desperate enough to try using an ace bandage to do the trick until I get one!!

• mommax3girlsmommax3girls member
    edited February 2014
    My sister used the Symphysis Maternity Belt. She had severe pelvic pain and it helped SO much. When I was pregnant she let me borrow it for my lower back pain, and it totally helped. So I think having the right belt can solve either-or both!- issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"