Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Fingers in ears and nose!!!!

My dd who turns 10mths tomorrow has figured out that she can stick her finger in her ears and nose more so her nose though.. I'm constantly telling her no and taking her finger out. She mad her nose bleed the other day, not bad but enough that I had to wipe a little blood. She has also scratched her ears!.Does/has anyone else had this issue!?

Re: Fingers in ears and nose!!!!

• I would just keep those fingernails trim, blunt and clean, and let her explore. It's unlikely she'll do any serious damage, beyond a little scratching here and there. It's her body, after all. I'm sure the novelty will wear off before too long :)

• DD is still only sticking her fingers in her mouth.  She also grabs at her lady bits when I change her diaper - which is fine except when it's a poopy diaper because I don't want her getting poo on her hands.  She also puts her hand to her ear and leans her head to the side - I think she's mimicking someone talking on the phone because she does it whenever I say "hello".  I second PP - keep the nails trimmed and eventually LO will get over the newness.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! I trim her nails all the time and we are big with hand washing. It's almost comical how much her fingers are in her nose. She hasn't tried grabbing her lady parts yet thank goodness! She loves to grab her feet while getting changed though.
  • shineupaboveshineupabove member
    edited February 2014
    My LO sucks on her middle and ring finger on her left hand. While sucking these fingers she tends to rest her pointer finger up her nose. She hasn't made herself bleed and doesn't really go digging or anything but when she does it I try to pull it out of her nose. Thats all I can think to do. :)
    ;imageimage
  • Yep. My guy just discovered his nostrils yesterday. He also grabs his penis during diaper changes and thinks it's hysterical. I'm hoping this phase passes soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"