Central Florida Babies

Lakeland?

Anyone else from Lakeland? I moved here from Kentucky 2 years ago and my DH and I have been through a lot. I really haven't had a chance to build a support system here so it would be nice to meet some other expectant moms!
Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.

Re: Lakeland?

• Not in Lakeland but I am in Winter Haven area, Lakelands about 45 minutes from me...im 25 weeks
    Marideth
  • Auburndale here. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Lakeland here!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nice to meet you ladies! Is anyone else as sick of this heat as I am?? I am heading into 3rd tri and I cannot wait for some cooler weather!!!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • I honestly wish I was there, I am overseas with my husband and we are on the way to Norway. Its just cold and dreary over here!!!
  • Oh I have been to Norway, it's beautiful! What part are you visiting?
  • @Guennie My husband and I work on a cruise line so in the next week we are going to Stavanger, Flam, Alesund, and Skjolden!
  • I visited Stavanger. I spent two weeks there with a friend from high school in my early twenties. It was a wonderful experience. We also went up to Bergen for a couple days. The people were just lovely, so friendly. I would love to go back someday. I hope you have a great cruise! Do you get nauseous on the ship with the pregnancy?
  • Umm it was really bad the first two weeks because I was off my normal sleep and vitamin schedule but it hasnt affected me at all really. Our room is really low on the ship, which is great for when it is rocky since you dont feel it as much. I guess im just used to the motion that it doesnt bother me.

So what made you move to Lakeland and how are you settling in!?
  • I moved here when I got married 2 years ago. My husband was already here so I came down to be with him. To be honest, it's been a really tough 2 years. We've lost 3 pregnancies since getting married and the first loss happened not even a month after I moved here. It really felt like we got thrown under the bus from day one. But I didn't give up and now I'm 27 weeks pregnant with a beautiful healthy girl!
  • Aww thats very exciting. Losses are tough, I experienced one while I was working here almost 2 years ago.

Who are you giving birth with?!
  • I'm with Dr Mammel at Watson Clinic. I LOVE HIM! He is wonderful. My very first appointment with him he had to tell me I had lost my twins. Since then we've been through a lot together. I'm so glad I've been able to stay with the same dr through all of this. It's very comforting.

What about you? How far along are you? I'm mobile so I can't see your siggy. :(
  • Ahh gotcha. I am 16 weeks and 6 days. I am giving birth at home with a midwife named Melissa Morrow with Celebrate Birth. At least at home is the plan anyway!
  • I'm in Lakeland. I have 3 kids my youngest is now 3. But I know what you mean about the heat!!! All of my babies were summer babies!! It's not good!!
  • I'm in Lakeland. I have 3 kids my youngest is now 3. But I know what you mean about the heat!!! All of my babies were summer babies!! It's not good!!

I really wanted to be walking the lake every week but there's just no way. It's getting hard enough with the shortness of breath; the heat makes it impossible. How far along are you?

• Ahh gotcha. I am 16 weeks and 6 days. I am giving birth at home with a midwife named Melissa Morrow with Celebrate Birth. At least at home is the plan anyway!

My mom would have loved for me to have a midwife. I would have been open to it if I wasn't already so attached to my dr. I hope everything will go smoothly for you! I've heard of a lot of women having wonderful home birth experiences.
  • Ive still got a long while but I will be sure to keep you posted. Hopefully the weather will cool down some there. I totally understand being attached to a Dr. I used to live in TN and I had an amazing Dr. there.
  • Not in Lakeland, but in Davenport...not to far away....

• Davenport is towards Orlando, right?
  • Guennie said:
    Davenport is towards Orlando, right?
    Yep...Just off Hwy 27

• Does anyone want to try to get together sometime?
  • I am just south of Davenport on 27 Winter Haven/Lake Wales area.
    Marideth
  • We've got quite the crew going on!

Not sure what everyone's plans are but Winter Haven is having Carols in the Park on December 9 and 10. Should be a lot of fun.

And every 3rd Friday they have a big food truck rally.

I'd happily get together with anyone that feels like hanging out!
  • Ohhh Carols in the Park sounds fun, hopefully it will be "chilly" out. 
    Marideth
  • I just moved to Lakeland two months ago from Melbourne, where I've lived almost all my life.  I'm feeling a bit lonely out here and I'd love to make some new friends, too!  Anyone up for a playdate or a coffee date after the holidays?
  • Kcandco6 coffee date sounds good to me!! My baby girl is only 5 weeks old so she doesnt "play" quite yet.
    Marideth
  • I'd love to meet some Lakeland-area families for play dates- I live in Plant City, and my daughter is 4 mos. I only use this app occasionally, so please email me at BBFamSpam@gmail.com. I look forward to meeting some of y'all!
  • Sorry, Marideth - just now seeing this.  Congrats on your little one!  I live in Lakeland near 570... looks like Bartow might be a half-way point for us?  What all is over there?
  • its okay kcandco6 I have been so busy with LO that I forgot to check. How old is your LO? 570 that's the Polk parkway, its super easy for me to get to...I know Lakeside village has a starbucks, not sure how close/far that is for you. 

llcrash2 plant city is just on the other side of Lakeland, Lakeside village in Lakeland might be a good meeting spot...

Bridgette is almost 7 weeks now, wow how time has flown.!
    Marideth
  • Hi ladies! I'm a FTM and live in Clermont, so not too far from Lakeland. My son is only 6 wks old, but I'd love to have some local moms to chat and meet up with.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi ladies. I'm moving back to Lakeland next week after living in Indiana for about a year. I have a 10 week old little boy. I'd love to get together with some other moms for lunch or coffee or just to chat and have a reason to get out if the house :) I hope to meet some of you ladies and your little ones soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"