Cloth Diapering

OT reusable sandwich bags

what are these made out of and where can I find that plastic-y stuff?  

I love the Planet Wise ones, and I do have one I received as a gift.  $5 (on clearance) just seems like a crazy price to spend on a small snack bag when it's just a square piece of fabric. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OT reusable sandwich bags

• I don't know, but I agree.  I have a couple and they work great for transporting ds's tableware, bibs, and a couple unpaper towels for cleaning him up when we're going to be out at a meal time.  I don't like putting his bibs with his diapers since the bibs have a tendency to get caught on everything when I forget to check to make sure they are closed tight before washing.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • though I just looked…..Nicki's has sandwich and window bags for only 2.99.  Might be worth it.   I think I'm going to order some

Just thinking of all the other things on my to-do list and for 3 bucks each, it'd be worth it I think instead of making them (and possibly that taking a month) lol

• Loading the player...
  • wait, what the…..? I have 6 sandwich bags and a 6-pack of pfs (sandwich bag shipping is free), but shipping for the pfs is $14???!!! 

• I found the aplix closure to be pretty air tight.  Though…I've not put bread in there before.  If I bring bread I would put it into a container.  

• Meesh - how do you wash yours? Mine aren't pw, but they seem to be cracking already.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • LatteLady5LatteLady5 member
    edited February 2014
    Mandmeesh said:
    though I just looked…..Nicki's has sandwich and window bags for only 2.99.  Might be worth it.   I think I'm going to order some

I have these and really like them :) DH likes them better than the ones I made with leftover PUL so I bought a handful as stocking stuffers. I just toss wipe them out after each use unless they smell or have something stuck on them. Then I toss in the wash and lay out to dry. DH uses them pretty much daily and the seal is awesome. We've never had stale bread.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have the keep leaf and I love them. I just wash them with dish soap and water. Worth the $6 each to me as I don't use plastic baggies.
  • We have the planet wise ones and i hate them.  i think they're such a pain to clean with that fabric layer on the outside.  i've had more than one turn moldy because i didn't get that stupid plastic dry enough.

Oh I hope that doesn't happen to ours. I've only had them a couple of months.

• We have the planet wise ones and i hate them.  i think they're such a pain to clean with that fabric layer on the outside.  i've had more than one turn moldy because i didn't get that stupid plastic dry enough.

we have some wahm made ones that are just PUL (i assume pul anyway) and they're awesome.  i want to make a handful to have extras on hand for when M starts school next fall and i need to pack his lunch
    Is PUL food safe though?  

we have some wahm made ones that are just PUL (i assume pul anyway) and they're awesome.  i want to make a handful to have extras on hand for when M starts school next fall and i need to pack his lunch

Is PUL food safe though?  

I didn't think so. Or at least it hadn't been tested for food safety the last time I've checked.
  • I made some various ones... And wasn't too thrilled. I'm still in love with Pyrex. We'll see how all this changes with a toddler one of these days.

I don't have any real experience with real ones though. :(

Is PUL food safe though?  
    I didn't think so. Or at least it hadn't been tested for food safety the last time I've checked.
    I am fairly certain the Pul I get from wazoodle is food safe. It's all US or canada made.

• DSS lists their as food safe also.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • but PUL isn't like that stiff plastic.  I was hoping for something just like the PW ones :-/

• Is it vinyl @mandmeesh
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.

Is PUL food safe though?  

Bummis is replacing my wetbag with one that has "food grade PUL". They said the bonding process to the fabric is different, but I don't know if there are other differences that make it "food grade".
  • But five dollars EACH? That seems so expensive

• I've been thinking about doing something with waxed cotton, sort of like this
  • I've been thinking about doing something with waxed cotton, sort of like this
    that looks fun, and very crafty…but I don't have time for that. lol

• Yeah I'm doing a bit of research to see if I can find some prewaxed food safe cotton fabric.
  • Yeah I'm doing a bit of research to see if I can find some prewaxed food safe cotton fabric.
    And of course that got me wondering if that would work for a CD cover......but decided no, since hot water would melt the beeswax and everything would repell....okay, I admit to dreaming now and them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"