November 2013 Moms
Options

Daycare Valentines?

I was dropping off my LO and one of the other moms had brought up valentines and was wondering if I would prefer baby food or baby meltaways for my LO's valentine.  I had no clue that people would give valentines especially to someone who is 3 months.  What will you gals be doing will you be giving valentines--I guess it won't be a big deal just because there are only 8 kids and i'm from a small town I was almost just amazed at how nice that was that they thought about giving a 3 month old something.

Re: Daycare Valentines?

• Options
    I was just searching Pinterest for ideas for DD's day care. I had no idea I would have to do something for her to "give" to the other kids, but our day care teacher let us know that there would be a Valentine's Day party Friday. I'm thinking of putting some Teddy Grahms and Gummy Bears in a bag and attaching a tag with a pink or red ribbon that says "Bear hugs from Emily". There's only 4 other kids in her day care and they are all under 3 so it's not that much work. Of course there's a big snow storm coming our way all day Thursday so who knows if there will be day care on Friday anyway. I think it's super cute too that my 3 month old will get valentines from her "classmates"!
  • Options
    Maybe I'm just cynical, but I am not on board with doing Valentines for the babies. DH and I decided we would give some chocolate to the teachers on Friday. LO is in a room with other babies under 9 months, and I really wouldn't feel comfortable getting them anything. I don't really know the other kids or their parents (I never see any other parents when I drop off/pickup) so I don't have a relationship with any of them to know. We love his teachers though, so I'm more than happy to treat them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @AlisonM12 -Thats a great idea about Teddy Grahams or Gummy Bears!  I may "steal" you idea if you will allow it :) And I kind of agree that I think its kind of fun that they are including him in on it! :) and yes just like you its not a lot of work for me to put together 8 bags of goodies.

• Options
    tjheld said:

@AlisonM12 -Thats a great idea about Teddy Grahams or Gummy Bears!  I may "steal" you idea if you will allow it :) And I kind of agree that I think its kind of fun that they are including him in on it! :) and yes just like you its not a lot of work for me to put together 8 bags of goodies.

Steal away, I stole it from Pintetest!
  • Options
    JoeLies said:

I'd love to do something for the ladies in the infant room at daycare, but with the huge storm coming, all the stores are going to be packed with doomsdayers emptying the shelves.  I'm not sure I can bring myself to get out there!

Samesies. Maybe I'll just pick up some donuts for our teacher and the assistants on Friday on my way to drop Phia off.

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Options
    JoeLies said:
    nciesla said:
    JoeLies said:

I'd love to do something for the ladies in the infant room at daycare, but with the huge storm coming, all the stores are going to be packed with doomsdayers emptying the shelves.  I'm not sure I can bring myself to get out there!

Samesies. Maybe I'll just pick up some donuts for our teacher and the assistants on Friday on my way to drop Phia off.

Ooh that's a good idea.  I'll stop at the drive-thru for some heart-shaped ones.
    Girrrrrrrl you MUST get them the heart shaped cookie dough ones. They're crazy good!

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Options
    Not doing it. We got his teachers a card and a gift certificate for See's candy. We won't be giving anything to the other infants in his room.
  • Options

Wait, we have to get something for the teachers?

I don't think it's necessary. I didn't get Valentine's cards, we just got Thank You cards and will be giving them that day.

The ladies have been so sweet to him and we just wanted them to know it's appreciated. I know it's their job to take care of him but I really felt they went out of their way to make sure he felt comfortable in the new setting.
  • Options
    I was just informed to bring cards or gift bags for all of the kids... Wtf?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"