LGBT Parenting

Ten Things Tuesday!

It is Tuesday again! You know what that means... please share with us any 10 things that are on your mind (can be about anything!). Ready, Set, Share! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• 1. More snow. That is what we have to look forward to this week. They are saying 6-12 inches for Thursday, but it could be more. They won't be able to determine a more specific range until tomorrow when they see how the storm is tracking. If we get more than 5.8" of snow this week, that will make this winter officially the 5th snowiest winter in recorded history for Philadelphia.

2. I either want a total blizzard for Thursday or nothing at all. I am tired of trying to navigate the roads and worry about falling walking into work. I have made it to work for the last 3 snow storms, but it is getting old. If this is going to happen, I want mother nature to go all out so that I don't have to feel guilty about sitting at home in my PJ's with my laptop instead of risking life and limb to make it into the office.

3. I am 24 weeks pregnant today.

4. My wife has admitted that she has told several people baby girl's name even though we agreed not to share right now. I am kind of irritated. I am trying not to be. I know she is just excited beyond belief and it just slips out. I love that we call her by her name at home, but I like the idea that only the two of us and our immediate family (parents and siblings) knew the name. Oh well. I guess it is not that big of a deal.

5. Our dog Reese had a tummy ache this morning when I left the house. She didn't eat her treat or her breakfast. She looked so sad. She used to have tummy issues a lot, but we switched her to a special food for sensitive stomaches, and it has made a huge difference. She hasn't had a morning like this in a while. It just breaks my heart when she doesn't feel well.

6. I have a meeting at 9am and I have no idea what it is for. A colleague at our parent company scheduled it yesterday for a small group of us. She sent this email accompanying the meeting invite that was presumably supposed to tell us why we were meeting. I read it 3-4 times and honestly couldn't make heads or tails of it. It was about 4 paragraphs long and used several buzz words such as "objectives," "synchronization," and "alignment," but there was no clear take-away from the email, so I have no idea what we are actually meeting about. I fear that it is going to be the type of meeting that makes me what to scream. Luckily it is only scheduled for 30 minutes.

7. We have purchased a lot of baby clothes already. Like a lot. I think my wife needs and intervention. As much as I want to bring myself to tell her enough for a while, I can't seem to. All she has to do is hold up a little onesie and make this face that she makes and I just melt. Our daughter is going to have more clothes than we do combined. It is kind of insane.

8. Soooo... I would like to do something cute for my wife for Valentine's Day from the baby. We don't really do much for Valentine's lately... usually just cards and maybe something small and possibly dinner out if we feel like it. But I feel like it is an opportunity to do something cute for her and say it is from baby. But I have no ideas. And Valentine's is in 3 days... one of which will likely be a snowed in day... soooo... yea, great planning on my part.

9. I miss my co-worker who had her baby 3 weeks ago. She is going to be out on leave until early May and I already miss her. I am not super found of the person who is covering some of her work for her while she is on leave. I am trying to fake it, but she is just not pleasant. There aren't a lot of people who I work with who aren't pleasant, so this is not something that I am used to...

10. Since the pregnancy check-in yesterday, all I can think of is an Italian Sub (thanks @ball.and.chain HAHAHA)... I haven't had one in years, but now I want one stat! But I want it from Boston. From this little sub shop by my mom's house that we used to get sandwiches from on Friday nights when I was growing up. It's pretty much all I can think about...

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. I am feeling really overwhelmed at work and I'm afraid I won't get everything done that I need to before I leave for 16 weeks.

2. I'm really grateful that MA gives you 8 weeks per child, since there's a good chance my baby boy has club feet It will be nice to get the casting phase out of the way while I'm still on maternity leave.

3. I'm also hoping my boss pulls through and secures me a work from home day when I come back from said leave. Two infants in the Boston area is VERY expensive..so I really hope that I can work from home one day a week to ease the daycare burden.

4. I know I don't say much on this board, but I do check in and read what everyone has to say. I think you are all such awesome people. :)

5. My wife and I decided to not really do anything for Valentine's day this year, which is fine by me! I don't have tons of energy these days, and I'm in the "Save money, not spend" zone.

6. We're supposed to get more snow later this week and I really just cannot take it anymore! I want spring to get here ASAP!

7. I wish I had an indoor swimming pool so I could just sit in it all day everyday..my back and hips are so achy all the time. It's a real downer, but I just think of the payoff and it makes it tolerable. ;)

8. I never used to be a big TV person, but I find myself rewatching Bob's Burgers, Archer, and Brooklyn nine-nine eps all the time.. my wife is probably bored as hell of them but she hasn't said anything yet.

9. I really need to focus on getting this workload done..but flappy bird is calling my name!

10. I should probably stop playing flappy bird since it probably sends my blood pressure through the roof.
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • 1. I have a chest cold and had to sleep pretty propped up in order to breathe. I miss sleeping regularly and cuddling with @manada.

2. I am so anxious to find out if we are pregnant and we still have more than a week to wait.

3. @herbabymama's dream about us was so sweet!

4. @manada and I both had tough days yesterday. This IVF cycle did not go as we had expected and the trauma of last week is still carried in each of us.

5. It is really hard to both feel love and hope for the Rockies (our embryos) and also feel so afraid that it won't work and that we have no idea what we will do next.

6. Thankfully when we thought transfer would be on day 5 (Sunday), @manada took yesterday and toys off of work. So we still have today to try to pull ourselves together.

7. Unfortunately I think I have given M my cold :(

8. I'm excited for the upcoming births on the board! It's been a couple months since we had the last little cluster. Good luck to everyone entering the home stretch.

9. M said she'd play a game with me today!!!

10. Poor M and the PIO. She's already getting big hip lumps :(
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • @2mamazinseattle, Simone is such a strong wonderful name! Simone may not do all of the things that you had imagined she would, but I just know she will do incredible things you never could have imagined. She will be amazing. And you and J will be amazing parents.
    I'm glad you're taking the time to process and feel!!!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • 1. I woke up with a re-occurrence of the stomach flu late last night.  Ugh... I'm just now eating breakfast and hoping all goes well from here.  I feel weak though and had to cancel my plans to go up North to check/fix a couple of things for our tenants. I'll contact a repair person in my stead - but I had been hoping to save us a little money.

2. Kaden is playing with a laser level (I covered the laser part). It vibrates because its designed to stick on the wall. Hey whatever keeps him entertained ;-)

3. The sky is overcast and its been raining for the past couple of weeks. I am so grateful for the rain, but I miss taking Kaden to the park, or even playing outside in the back yard.

4. I can't wait until nap time I wish it was still at 10am (its 9:45). I am so exhausted.

5. Sorry this post has been pretty negative so far. I guess I'm not feeling very peppy ;-).  One good thing is our new minivan. I am so happy to have 2 cars again.  And I love the minivan. I put on the "bum warmers" yesterday on my drive home and they felt so nice on my back.

6. Kaden and I went to the DMV yesterday to renew my license. He was a champ and made lots of new friends.  People just love kids, and its so fun to see him interact with strangers - he's a ham and loves the attention. It makes more work for me having to follow him around, etc. but it's so worth it.

7. I get to be "Mom of the Month" for our local Mother's Club. I feel a little awkward writing about myself and our family. I jokingly told EV - that in a way just being parents is our own form of LGBT activism because there are so many opportunities to put yourself out there which will hopefully have positive results.

8. Kaden is learning to drink out of regular glass. Resulting in some bubble blowing, a few spills but in general he is super proud of himself.

9. I wonder what Owen will look like...

10. I've been struggling lately thinking about this potentially being my last pregnancy.  Definitely not a reason to have more kids. But as a whole I really enjoy being pregnant. (Not the 1st trimester as much) but it's such an amazing experience.  When we bought the mini-van I joked about how our family of 5 will easily fit in an 8 seater van. I joke about baby #3 all the time, I'm not sure where this comes from. Maybe its part of having been pregnant once before - I feel like I should have 3 kids... I should just table these thoughts until Owen turns 1 a little over a year from now and see how I feel at 38, and where we stand financially and otherwise....  Sorry if this makes no rational sense - I should probably go take a nap as soon as I can.
  • 1. Just got an email from the Mom of a kid that Gabe spent time with this weekend.  That boy has Strep.  I am irrationally angry about this.  On a normal day, I'd be way more compassionate and understanding of the fact that this is just the way it goes with kids.  But with the fact that Gabe's surgery is scheduled for Friday and it was so freaking hard to get that scheduled (and I just want to be done with this), I am pretty much beside myself.  The fact that I have a sore throat does not bode well for us here.

2. I know in the rational part of my brain that this family did nothing wrong, and their kid seemed totally fine and healthy this weekend. I should feel badly that they're going through this.  I can't quite get there.

3.  One of my best friends' sisters is having surgery today at the hospital connected to my office.  I just went over to hug the family and walk them to lunch.  I feel like this was time very much well spent, but I fear my office might disagree. 

4.  I agree with @stringy813's comment from (I think) the Parenting thread.  We are hitting a point where it's turning into real "Parenting" and less caretaking.  This is a point where stress compounds upon itself.  Not only do we have to make more tough decisions, but we need to be aligned in those decisions and have real discussions where we disagree.  And ideally this is done before action is taken, but it seems in our case the conversations only happen after one of us sees something from the other that we don't like or disagree with.

5.  @2mamazinseattle you are an inspiration.  You have allowed all of us to see how best to handle all of the difficult things that you have gone through.  Not by denying the pain, or wishing things away, or glossing over it.  You roll up your sleeves, dig into that pain and disappointment, validate it, root out the nuggets of shinyness that you can find, and plow forward with the best plans possible.  I have learned a lot from you.

6.  @Jazibel - feel better!

7.  This morning I got completely sucked in to Olympic X-Country Skiing.  I couldn't stop watching.  It got to the point where I had my coat and boots on, bags over my shoulder, Gabe fully in his snowsuit and hat sitting on my hip, lights off and everything and I couldn't turn it off.  I just stood there staring at the TV waiting for the end of the final race.  Ridiculous.  I haven't been able to watch as much of this Olympics as I want to (or have in the past) so maybe I just needed a fix.

8.  I have aboslutely nothing planned for Valentine's Day.  The only saving grace is that I'm pretty sure S has nothing planned as well.

9.  I'm struggling to come up with a plan for Gabe's birthday.  All the Grandparents will be visiting, and I want to have a SMALL party with them and a few other close friends who have been a large part of G's life.  The only really appropriate place to have this would be our house, but it's too small.  The idea of bringing food and drinks and a high chair and toys into another random space seems totally odd to me, and if we go to a restaurant that just kind of defeats the mood that I was going for.  I'm stuck.

10.  I need to get off the bump and focus on work.  Why is that so difficult????  I used to be such a hard worker ...

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• 1. I can't believe it's only Tuesday. This week is going to take forever, I can tell already.

2. So much work to do, but so little will-power to do it! It doesn't help that I keep having meetings all day so my only time to get anything done is in the evenings.

3. I usually do some work in the evenings, but it's hard with the Olympics going on.  I'm addicted!

4. I was also torn about watching the Olympics this year, but I decided it didn't make sense to hold Russia's actions against the athletes from my own country. I compromised by refusing to watch the opening ceremonies, but I'm watching whatever I can of the actual events.

5. Does anyone else think they've gone completely overboard with the amount of figure skating? They basically doubled the amount by adding the team skating! I don't think it makes any sense as an event.

6. All the talk about day care this week made me super jealous.  I live and work in downtown Boston, and the only place along my commute is a big chain that will cost more than my mortgage. Also, I'm sure they don't CD or teach Spanish.

7. I found the spate of PSA's last week kind of amusing (though also totally helpful).  Here's my mini-PSA: Commas.

8. The pregnancy and parenting check-ins have been super educational. I hope I can remember all the tips and tricks when I finally get to that point!

9. @trisholio and @2MamazinSeattle are inspiring me big time this week.  You guys are clearly such great parents already.  I hope I can be as large hearted and accepting when I finally get to be a mom.

10. The stories of @healz413 and @manada and @doodah1013 and @firstcomeslove2013 have been affecting me deeply.  I wish there was some way I could help.  Sometimes I feel sorry for myself and my little issues, but I know they're nothing compared to what so many folks on this board have gone through.

Me: 28 DW: 28

Together since 5/30/02. Married since 8/31/08

IUI#1 - 12/13/13 = BFN

IUI#2 - 1/22/14 = BFN

IUI#3 - 2/21/14 = BFN

IUI#4 - 3/23/14

• @2mamazinseattle I think it is a good thing that you are giving yourself a chance to cry and be sad. You have an amazing balance and should be so proud. Your little Simone is one of the luckiest girls around and she is absolutely blessed to be taking up residence with you! :)

1. I finally got my wedding ring back from the jeweler today. They have screwed this ring up so many times that they had to make me a brand new one from scratch. It was stunning, but then they messed it up when they soldered it together. How does a jeweler send back a ring that is clearly uneven? Anyway, it came in today and finally, it is perfect. 

2. I picked up my femara today. We also ordered ovidrill for this cycle as well. Again, if anyone has taken these meds, I'd love to hear your experiences. 

3. We aren't sure where we stand with TTC right now. Originally, we decided that we would try until June of this year, but every time something goes wrong, our hopes are so dashed, that we aren't even sure if we will continue trying if this cycle doesn't work. The good news is that we know that regardless of what we choose, it will be the right decision for us. 

4. I had an amazing appointment with my acupuncturist today. She was incredibly supportive about our choice to go with the two meds this cycle and just went out of her way to make me feel like I was making the right choice. I am seeing her every other week right now in order to save money, and I miss my weekly sessions. @doodah1013, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your acupuncture visit. It has changed my life and I'm sure you will continue to love it and see the benefits.

5. I love the Olympics. I'm livid that NBC has chosen not to air the hockey games on antenna TV, but what can you do? 

6. Speaking of the Olympics, have any of you seen the Chevy commercials that they are airing that show families of all types? They have a family with two dads, and one with two moms. The meaning of the commercial is that families come in all shapes and sizes and are always changing. I was in love! They also have a commercial that shows two men smashing the glass at a wedding....Go Chevy!

7. I just found out that my case is back on and I will be getting back to work! We actually found out the day after our BFN, so it was much needed good news. There is some stress that comes with it, especially now, but I'm ready to take that on. 

8. I'm attending a training to become a volunteer at my local animal shelter. Ever since I watched "Blackfish", I have felt the need to do something for the animals and this is a perfect way to start. I am so excited!

9. Have you all heard about the headlines surrounding the DOJ Federal rights of married same-sex couples? This is so huge for us, especially in Michigan. My wife is a firefighter and this new "memo" will allow me to collect benefits if anything happens to my wife while she is on duty. We are absolutely starting to plan where we should go to make it legal. 

10. It looks like we might actually warm up to the 30's next week. I miss being outside and can not wait to get on the trail!! Anyone else like to hike? 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• @GoaliesWife123 DW and I love to hike too! We haven't been letting the cold weather stop us this season. Last weekend we snow-shoed up to the top of Mt Waumbek in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. It was a lot of fun.

Me: 28 DW: 28

Together since 5/30/02. Married since 8/31/08

IUI#1 - 12/13/13 = BFN

IUI#2 - 1/22/14 = BFN

IUI#3 - 2/21/14 = BFN

IUI#4 - 3/23/14

• Ten things Wednesday for me...

@2Mamaz - Simone is a beautiful name. She will be an amazing person no matter what.

1. -22 on our way to Buffalo this morning. We can't wait to go to Florida!

2. I am finding that I need to figure out a way to relax. With each cycle I am having more anxiety. After my u/s on Sunday, I immediately had anxiety that we are going to have another cancelled cycle.

3. We are trying to decide if we will or won't do an IUI if I end up with 4 mature follicles. I wouldn't do any more than 4.

4. On Sunday, CD 3, I had one follie measuring 9.5. I don't get how that is possible so early in a cycle.

5. This cycle is all that is occupying my mind lately.

6. I am already agonizing over the TWW and we don't even know for sure yet that we will be doing an IUI this cycle.

7. I'm not going to lie, I kind of want twins so that we don't have to do this again. I would like healthy full term twins.

8. Looks like I will make it back to work on time

9. Hoping that we won't have to go back to Buffalo until Friday. Tomorrow isn't out of the realm of possibility though.

10. Caffeine shall be my buddy today I think.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• edited February 2014
    1. I had a super busy day at work yesterday and then didn't have the energy to do TTT in the evening. I tried, but I only got up to 2 and then gave up. So Ten Things Wednesday it will be for me too. 2. I'm obsessed with cereal lately. I don't get that excited about having it for breakfast, but I always want it for a snack. I figure I could do a lot worse. 3. @KH826, your Italian sub craving reminded me of a story from a pregnancy book I read. The author's friend was so obsessed with sushi while pregnant that she made a friend promise to bring sushi to the hospital from a specific place after she delivered. Of course, as soon as that baby was out of her, she wasn't obsessed with sushi anymore. I am happy to have a good reason not to be eating/drinking certain things, but I am definitely thinking about how good a cool class of white wine will taste in August. 4. I'm also REALLY looking forward to the amount of calories I'll need to consume while breast-feeding. 5. I'm about 1/3 way through the book that @2MamazinSeattle recommended, and it's making me think a lot about what Mr. Baby is up to in there. I'm thinking about doing a musical experiment with him...if I play the same song in my car every day on my way to work, will he recognize it after he's born? Apparently they've tested this theory with babies whose moms watched the same soap opera every day -- the babies recognize the theme song. But as long as I'm designing this experiment, I'm going to play Mr. Baby something a little bit more high-brow. 6. Pretty darn excited about this weekend. My wife has Sunday off (she usually works) so we have TWO WHOLE DAYS OFF IN A ROW TOGETHER, which is really rare for us. I told her I would make what we call "leeky eggs" (basically I fold sauteed leeks into scrambled eggs) for breakfast on Saturday. Then we are registering at BRU (I may persuade her to swing by Destination Maternity too, since my aunt just sent me a gift card and I need shirts), and on the way home we're going to stop at a great seafood market to pick up something yummy for our Valentine's Day dinner. I'm going to make her a surprise dessert on Friday while she's at work. Sunday we are going to do some relaxing and some cleaning -- both needed. 7. I'm really done with winter. No idea what exactly tomorrow is going to look like but I can tell it's not going to be pretty. 8. Our cat has been super snuggly lately. I'm loving it. 9. I always try to come up with non-pregnancy stuff to write about in TTT so as not to alienate people who aren't pregnant...but then I have a hard time because it's on my mind ALL THE TIME. 10. I did it! (Finished TTT, that is. Or TTW).
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"