Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

my son is going on 26 months& also will not sleep thru the night in his bed room,

Also looking for potty training advise

Re: my son is going on 26 months& also will not sleep thru the night in his bed room,

• Options
    My daughter is 25 months. She will go to sleep in her room but she won't stay there, it's a pain! I've been told she will grow out of it. Potty training advice I've hear bribery works!
  • Options
    A lot of kids don't STTN at that age.  DD certainly didn't - she's only starting to at 3yr8mo.  And I go into her room when she wakes in the night (or early morning).

What is it that is your desired behavior?  Is it realistic for your child (ignore "the average 26mo old")?
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A8CA8C member
    I'm wondering if i should stop him from napping, but then if he passes nap time he looks like a zombie& gets really clumsy
  • Options
    A8C said:
    I'm wondering if i should stop him from napping, but then if he passes nap time he looks like a zombie& gets really clumsy
    I'm not quite sure what you are looking for but it's not uncommon for kids to still wake up at this age.  But no matter what I would never mess with naps.  Not napping during the day will make night sleep worse not better.  Being overtired is a 2 yo's worst enemy.  
  • Options
    A8CA8C member
    Thanks a bunch, i guess we have to make& stick as much as possible to a schedule, it used to be easy, but as he's been getting into big boy mode, it's been off since new years, i just get frustrated lately with nap time cause i lay with him 2 hours go by and he should have been sleep& i feel i could have got allot of things done instead of laying around. Today i putt him down@normal nap time& @least he went down after 1 hour then i got up to go cook& he hardly got 1 hour it was already late to try to put him back down....his old schedule was 8 pm-730 am then nap from 1-3 and that was perfect. And if we happened to be out in the car around nap time he would sleep in his car seat. Now lately even that stopped, we all know he's tired looks like a zombie and everything, it's like he's been fighting it & i cannot understand why....
  • Options
    A8CA8C member
    Oh& he will sleep thru the night when he's with us in mommy& daddy's bed, I'll take all evening getting him to fall asleep in his room then for him just to wake up& come sleep in our bed.....
  • Options
    Around 2 or 2.5, DD moved her nap later.  It was consistent for a while that it would take over an hour and a half for her to get to sleep, so when I moved nap time back and hour and a half, things went much smoother.
    IMG_8355
  • Options

CIO? How much does he wake? did he used to STTN?

• Options

What is your goal exactly with the sleep.

My 2.5 year old was a better sleeper at 2 months than she is sometimes now. For the most part it was just another phase for us to work through. I was consistent with the rules and it helped. Rock, story, sippy, mom lay with you for five minutes, lights out, shut the door. If she got up in the middle of the night, I'd rock her a bit and put her back to bed. It took a bit but once she learned the routine it was much better.

I also backed off on the naps. Somedays she still needs one, the next she doesn't. We just have an hour quiet time rule.

As for PTing...we're doing it now and it hasn't been bad. Just keep practicing. Key for us was to make sure she was truly ready and wanted to do it herself. Let them grow into it...so much less stressful.

• Options
    Neither does my 27 mo DD. All I can say is good luck, and you are not alone.
  • Options
    My 24 month daughter just started sleeping through the night and it could always go the other way at anytime.  I wouldn't be concerned.  Are you nursing when he wakes up or does he just want to sleep with you?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options
    Its a toss up depending on the moon phase and her health whether or not she sleeps through the night in her bed.  And you know what? I'm totally cool with it. Yes it's frustrating but she was made in that bed and its a family bed so she's welcome in it whenever she needs us.  She will be older soon enough that she will choose to sleep by herself.  So I say embrace it and just enjoy this stage. It will be gone in a heartbeat!
    Me: 33 DH: 35
    Married: October 2008

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"