Babies: 9 - 12 Months

DDs one year birthday

I have to get this off my shoulder. Please tell me if I am being ridiculous for being annoyed.

LO's birthday party is on March 1st. I sent the invites out 3 weeks ago and asked that people RSVP by Feb 10th. Our house is tiny so we had to rent a room from a community center to have her party at. I need to have a good idea of the countdown (ok an approximate number) so I could order things..food/tables/chairs/linens..everything else that a party requires...

I've heard from 2 people so far! 2 out of 25 people that received invites (that's 60+ people total including significant others and kids) What gives? I know we still got 2 days, are they all waiting to rsvp on the 10th? Am I being antsy? I'm sitting here thinking well how many tables do I need to order? How big of a cake should I order? 

I feel stressed out! 

Ok I had to get it out. I feel a bit better.

Re: DDs one year birthday

• Some people don't RSVP. My fiance's side of the family doesn't. You either have to track them down and ask or ask someone else if they know they are coming. And the crazy part is they don't think it is rude not to reply! For example for my son's christening I said to someone oh I didn't hear from--- so I have them down as not coming and then that person said no, they are going. It is very annoying. The head count has to be final and you have to pay for that amount of people no matter what. I got screwed out of $400+ at my son's christening because of that. I would wait until the RSVP date then start cracking down. My son's party is also March first but our RSVP date is February 22. Maybe people feel your RSVP date is too early before the party? I'm not sure. I know I always reply before the date that way no one gets screwed over, I feel others should do the same for me as I do for them. But realistically people just do what they want.
  • Have you ever planned a wedding? Ppl suck at RSVPing. Contact them & ask if they are coming
  • Loading the player...
  • Jerzee17 said:
    Some people don't RSVP. My fiance's side of the family doesn't. You either have to track them down and ask or ask someone else if they know they are coming. And the crazy part is they don't think it is rude not to reply! For example for my son's christening I said to someone oh I didn't hear from--- so I have them down as not coming and then that person said no, they are going. It is very annoying. The head count has to be final and you have to pay for that amount of people no matter what. I got screwed out of $400+ at my son's christening because of that. I would wait until the RSVP date then start cracking down. My son's party is also March first but our RSVP date is February 22. Maybe people feel your RSVP date is too early before the party? I'm not sure. I know I always reply before the date that way no one gets screwed over, I feel others should do the same for me as I do for them. But realistically people just do what they want.
    This thought occurred to me, but the community center wants a count down, and the cake lady and chair rental place need advanced notice that's why I put Feb 10th. I think it's rude when people don't respond and assume I know they're coming...
  • Have you ever planned a wedding? Ppl suck at RSVPing. Contact them & ask if they are coming
    Yes, indeed planned my wedding. 
    I'm actually a project manager for a big company so I do lots of event planning and coordinating. At work when people don't respond, I assume they are not coming. I don't have the time to contact each party to see if they are attending. 
    Perhaps this is our lazy families and friends who don't respond to RSVPs. 
  • Yes, it is just lazy people. If rentals and so on need to know then that is understandable. The restaurant where I am having the party needs 3 days in advance, one of the main reasons besides cost factor that made me choose it. I learned my lesson from the christening lol. If people don't RSVP they are on my not coming list and I am surely not contacting anyone, I don't care who they are. I know exactly how you feel.

• Just take a guesstimate of numbers if you don't want to call your guests
  • Any luck with the replies??
  • One person responded today. ONE. People suck. I think next time if there is a party I am not going to bother with invites, I'll just make phone calls or send a pigeon or something. :)
  • One person responded today. ONE. People suck. I think next time if there is a party I am not going to bother with invites, I'll just make phone calls or send a pigeon or something. :)

Lol I love the Pigeon idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"