LGBT Parenting

TTC Check-In

Good Monday morning to everyone!

How is your TTC journey progressing? Please feel free to share the good and the bad. We are all here to support each other.

**Reminder - if you have a BFP to post, please do so by creating a new thread to share with the whole board. Please do not post it here. Thank you**

QOTW: What is your go to breakfast meal during the week?

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

Re: TTC Check-In

• healz413healz413 member
    edited February 2014
    We are 3dp3dt (3 days post 3 day transfer). After an intense few days (finding out they only got 10 eggs instead of 15; finding out only 3 of those were able to be fertilized; and being switched to a day three transfer), it was amazing and something we completely didn't expect to get the call on Friday morning that all three of our embryos looked great and were still growing. Our RE even gave us the choice that morning to wait for a day 5 transfer instead. But we didn't want to take the chance of not having anything to transfer. So we went in midday on Friday and transferred 2 beautiful embryos--one grade 1 nine cell and one grade 2 eight cell. And we froze a grade 1 nine cell embryo.
    Since then we have been nesting and taking it easy. I'm still recovering from a difficult egg retrieval and seem to be coming down with a chest cold. @Manada is working hard not to totally stress herself out that anything she does might be bad for the embryos.
    We have nicknamed the three embryos Rocky 1, Rocky 2, and Rocky 3 because @doodah1013 and @firstcomeslove2013 got us singing "Eye of the Tiger" this IVF cycle and we really want these embryos to be fighters and stick around. So Rocky 1 and Rocky 2 are on board-- the Rockies as we say.
    M is eating pineapple core and drinking pomegranate juice in addition to doing PIO and baby aspirin and estrace. I'm taking seven days of two antibiotics to keep myself from getting "a nasty pelvic infection" because so many of my endometriomas were pierced during the retrieval.

QOTW: recently it has been a breakfast sandwich made with a toasted whole wheat English muffin with butter, a fried egg (yolk broken), and cheddar cheese. You put it back in the warm frying pan after it is assembled with a lid on the pan and let the cheese melt.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • edited February 2014
    So glad to hear you are resting, @manada and @healz413!

Today marks CD1 for me. So along with a bfn, I am enjoying the most painful cramps, ever. What a great way to tell me I'm not pregnant. 

I called the RE and we decided we will do one more medicated cycle with them, and that is all. We really want as much of this to be covered as possible, so we are going to be the best advocates for myself and my ute. We are going to make an appointment with a new RE, just in case this cycle doesn't take. 

I will be starting with Femara (since I didn't respond at all with clomid). Starting with CD 10, I will be monitored every other day. We were given the choice to also add Ovidrill. We still aren't sure about that, so if any of you have experiences with it, I would love to hear about it. We need to let them know in the next day or two what our decision is.  

We're incredibly sad that this last cycle didn't work out. Everything lined up, but as we all know, that doesn't matter! 

QOTW: Our go-to breakfast includes over-hard eggs and homemade hash browns or (depending on the other meals we will have that day) some other kind of protein. Today we are having a whole wheat english muffin with egg and organic bacon. Yum! ;) 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Loading the player...
  • CD 1 finally came on Friday. I had my CD 3 u/s and blood work yesterday and started with 150 Gonal-F last night. We will be going back for blood work only on Wednesday morning. I already had a follicle measuring at 9.5 yesterday morning. I asked if it was something left over and the nurse said no. She said it was recruited from CD 1. There were a few others in my left ovary that were recognizable as well, but not big enough to bother measuring. This makes me a little nervous, but only time will tell how this cycle is going to pan out.

QOTW: My go to breakfast during the week is oatmeal with fruit and a cup of FF milk. I used to have blueberries every morning with my oatmeal. Lately I have had frozen mango, fresh strawberries or bananas.

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• StacyLH24StacyLH24 member
    edited February 2014
    @GoaliesWife123 - I did two cycles without Ovidrel and one with. I will be using it for our next IUI as well. I like it because it takes the guessing out of when you ovulate. I used OPKs the first two cycles and hated examining the lines to try and figure out if it was positive or not. I did use the Clear Blue Easy digital ones during the first cycle and I think I had a positive before the digital picked it up.

For me, the Ovidrel helps remove some of the anxiety I experience during a cycle.

ETA: I'm sorry this was a BFN for you. I hope that this cycle is smoother and is your BFP.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Still waiting for my betas to normalize.  Wednesday's draw was at 13, so almost there.  Have to do one more draw next week.  Midwife has said we can try again whenever we're ready.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• We go back to our RE on Friday for another u/s and lab work. On that day they will decide if insem will be 15/16th or 17/18th. This cycle I am taking 150mg of clomid, so hopefully there will be more than 1 follie that is big enough. 
  • Good Monday to everyone!
    A and I are still struggling through. Last week was (and I don't use this term lightly) the worst week of my life. The miscarriage took place last Monday and it was more painful that I could have imagined (physically I mean... It hurt so bad that I didn't even have time to acknowledge any emotions). I felt like garbage for several days... By Thursday I couldn't eat anything. Because of the continuing blood loss this made me feel dizzy and drowsy.
    Also... A watches or niece as her full time job and the baby was full on sick last week with continuing projectile vomiting and diarrhea.
    I continued to go to work every day.... Even though I was in significant amount of pain. Monday I found out we had no running water at my office, which means as I waiting to miscarry I didn't have access to ta bathroom.
    On top of all this A's parents decided to come in town over the weekend to help get some things back in order. Since we found out we did not have a viable pregnancy things have been piling up. It was a wonderful offer and they are truly wonderful people. However, A's sister also lives in town, with her 1 year old. So they were over all weekend and as well. It breaks my heart to see them fawn over the baby so much, because I want that for our baby... They all spent a good amount of the night letting baby H watch videos of herself... So I had to hear all these happy memories that their family is making over and over again. I spent a lot of the night running out of the room to cry. And then, even more strangely, A's sister left the baby here overnight (which she has never done)... I guess she was tired and it was cold outside... But this meant the next morning I was awoken at 5am by a baby, in my own house, who wasn't mine. It was just a reminder that people just don't understand how deep this sadness runs. A's family would do anything for us to not feel the pain we are feeling, but they don't understand how their actions are constant reminders of our recent loss.
    But the good news is.... Things are looking up. We went on a wonderful date on Sunday and it reminded us that things can be "normal" and happy again. So I think although our grief will continue, we have turned the corner on the worst of the sadness.
    I had my very first acupuncture appointment this morning and it was amazing. I haven't been that relaxed for any of my adult life. I am excited to continue that. I was supposed to get a beta draw this morning, but I am going to put it off until next week. I don't need to follow it all the way down to zero... Just need to know it is there before our next try... And blood tests aren't free!
    So that's where we are. Hopefully we will be on track for a try in March.

QOTD: Right now I am really into refrigerator oatmeal. I put oatmeal, flax, brown sugar, protein powder and cocoa into a jar. Then the night before I add milk. It's just grab and go in the morning and it is delicious!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• @doodha1013 I'm so sorry for your week. I can absolutely sympathize with that story. I hope your days get a little brighter soon.
    @healz413 FX for you!
    I had a recheck today, of the 4 cysts that we're looming from last medicated cycle and they are GONE! Woohoo! We are doing an unmedicated IUI on Wednesday. I have one decent sized follie...hoping its a winner! Good luck to all you ladies this week!

Me-33 DW-29
    together since 2009
    Married since 6/14/13 
    1st IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 10/14/13... BFP 10/26/13...                                                         
    EDD 7/1/14 ...MMC 11/22/13...D&C 11/25/13

2nd IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 1/15/14...BFN 

3rd IUI (unmedicated) 2/12/14...BFN
    4th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 3/10/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 4/4/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 5/2 & 5/3...BFN
    5th & 6th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 5/28 & 5/29...BFN
    7th & 8th IUI (follistim & ovidrel) 6/24 & 6/25....BFN

**all are welcome**

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

Daisypath Friendship tickers

• @doodah1013 - I'm sorry you had to experience any of that...the miscarriage and the family members whom I'm sure meant well, but weren't quite so sensitive your needs. I hope it is something you never have to go through again. I wish you never went through it in the first place.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• @doodah1013 what a week. I'm so sorry you had to deal with all that. Glad your date night brought you some cheer!

@kboydbowman fingers crossed that things go smoothly for you both. 

In the middle of cycle three inseminations. Thinking today is O day.Majorly impressed how a few dietary changes made a huge impact on our donor's sperm. It's a good reminder for me every time I want to stuff my face full of junk food ;) Hoping this is it. Trying not to get too wrapped up in this that I forget to live the other parts of my life. :) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @pauljl I think that is the hardest part of this whole process...it consumes everything. All your thoughts, energy, and worries. Keep your head up and remember you have a great suppor system right here!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• SweetPea0307SweetPea0307 member
    edited February 2014
    @doodah1013 Your week is absolutely heartbreaking.  I am so, so sorry you had to go through all of that.

I feel a little petty complaining about mine.  AF came right on schedule on Friday, so I'm on CD 4.  I've made my AI appointments for next week.  I keep wavering back and forth between being at peace with the latest BFN and feeling depressed about it. I really, really want the next IUI to work.

ETA: I forgot the QOTW: Oatmeal.  DW makes us oatmeal every morning, usually with almonds and bananas, but sometimes she'll mix it up depending on what we have on hand.

Me: 28 DW: 28

Together since 5/30/02. Married since 8/31/08

IUI#1 - 12/13/13 = BFN

IUI#2 - 1/22/14 = BFN

IUI#3 - 2/21/14 = BFN

IUI#4 - 3/23/14

• @pauljl & @firstcomeslove2013 - It is an all consuming process for sure. I'm sure everyone else would agree.

I hate sitting out cycles, but it is the only time that I feel semi-sane. I am hoping we get to do an insemination this cycle, but I am not looking forward to the TWW. This will be my first one since October and I'm dreading it to be honest. If this cycle doesn't happen or is a BFN, we will sit out March because we will be on vacation in Florida. Part of me is ok with that. This month marks 7 months since we started this whole process. It definitely hasn't progressed as I had imagined it would. After my u/s yesterday I am already having anxiety that we will have another cancelled cycle. I know that over responding to the meds is a good problem to have, but it still doesn't get us any closer to having a BFP and healthy baby.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• @SweetPea0307 - Sorry about your BFN. Looks like we shall be TWW buddies.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"