July 2014 Moms

Stomach pain & turning over in bed

Ok this is really weird but, for the past few nights, I have been having brief stomach pain when I turn over in my sleep at night. The pain doesn't feel like muscles but more like I have a bad stomach ache, right in my gut, for a good minute or so when I turn from left side to my back, right side to left side, etc. Now I'm worried I'm doing something harmful to the babies? Has anyone else experienced this or know what it is? Should I stop? I have always tossed & turned in my sleep and never felt this before.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stomach pain & turning over in bed

• I have had this exact same pain this week when turning over. I have been trying to hold my stomach as I turn which seems to help a little. I am in the waiting room for the OB now and plan to ask.
  • tourqeyestourqeyes member
    edited February 2014
    I have bad stomach pains at night from laying on one side too long or shifted too much in my sleep.

• Loading the player...
  • Same here as you all! @DEA31 can you let us know what your OB says? 

• I remember having this in third tri and really thought it was just ligaments stretching. I think if it was anything significant, the pain wouldn't disappear so quickly.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• What @tourqeyes says. I'm thinking it's round ligament pain but really have no clue cause it is really painful and it's only at night time.
  • I too have experienced this stomach pain too when sleeping, but what wakes me up is the pain in my hip (left side). I've found that if I take my pillows to prop myself up in a sitting position for a minute or two helps.

Best of luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

* Our IVF Miracle* 
    BFP 10/26/2014
    HB's 138, 176, 148, and 151
  • I have this same thing sometimes to the point I curl into ball until the pain passes. The crazy thing is that it's pretty much always around 3 to 3:30.
  • I actually was debating on going to the OB today for this exact thing.  I have had them since Friday night and they have gotten more frequent.  I probably toss and turn over at least 10 times a night.  Does anyone else's heart race or have increased breathing when they turn over?  When I flip, I am breathing like I just went for a jog for a couple minutes until my heart slows down. 
  • I had some pain in my lower abdomen area, and I went in and they found it was a uti. So it might be worth going in (I had never had one before but they are common in pregnancy).
  • I actually was debating on going to the OB today for this exact thing.  I have had them since Friday night and they have gotten more frequent.  I probably toss and turn over at least 10 times a night.  Does anyone else's heart race or have increased breathing when they turn over?  When I flip, I am breathing like I just went for a jog for a couple minutes until my heart slows down. 
    Yes. I've experienced my heart racing and my breathing becoming abnormally heavy. My husband commented on it and was concerned, but I asked my OB  and he said it wasn't a big deal. I also sing, and am finding I have less lung control and capacity the farther along I get. 
  • This happened to me this weekend while staying at my parents'.  I was sleeping on a very firm mattress and shifted sides ( I sleep better on my stomach, rolled to the side a bit so it doesn't feel like I'm sleeping on a soccer ball) and had a horrible pain for about 30 seconds...Almost brought tears to my eyes.  Not sure what I did, but dang, that hurt!  I'm blaming the mattress.  We have a sleep number at home, so there is considerably more squish on my regular bed.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I occasionally get round ligament pain when I roll over too quickly, but that's a much different feeling than a stomach ache.

I do also get stomach aches/bad gas pains in bed some nights that wake me up and make me feel sick too. I usually just lay still for a few minutes and it passes.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I've been having it too, but assume it's just round ligament pain
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • I've had the same exact thing just as you described. Since so many of us have it, I'm thinking it's pretty normal.
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have those stomach pains too! When I do wake up to turn I try to turn very slowly which helps lessen the pain, I noticed if I quickly flip over it hurts more! So strange but glad I'm not alone! As soon as I saw the title of the post I was like OH EM GEE I know what this is about
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Yes, I have this too AND the shortness of breath when turning over. I have found it helps to hold my side while rolling (though sometimes I forget to do this half-asleep). I'm glad it's not just me! I just assumed it's pulling or some body part bouncing around in response...which actually doesn't sound too pretty.
  • Wow!! Im sooo glad to know I'm not alone in this! I almost didn't post anything because I was worried about sounding dumb.  :-/ I am pretty positive its not round ligament pain since I get that pretty often and know distinctly what it feels like. This literally feels like a stomach ache and its so strange... I will ask my OB this week when I go and let you all know what they say. 

• I have this pain when rolling over too. I thought it was from the C with DD, but now I'm not so sure. I don't remember having it last time I was pregnant. I've noticed that rolling over slowly helps to reduce the frequency of it as well. Also, last time and this time I get out of breath from rolling over, along with a bunch of other random activities.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It is probably different with twins but I get this occasionally too, but not every time. I guess you shouldn't do something that hurts, if you can help it. I'm now using a pregnancy pillow to help me stay on my side and comfortable in my sleep.
  • This JUST happened to me last night for the first time. I tossed and turned the majority of the night! I experienced a shooting cramp that woke me up. I'm glad to know I'm not alone bc I was really concerned this morning.
  • I'm really glad you posted this! I have been experiencing the same stomach ache pain when rolling over at night. I have not been getting very restful sleep for the last couple of weeks. Every time I roll over I feel it. I'm typically a very heavy sleeper, so this is totally new for me. I'm not seeing my midwife for another 4 weeks, so I'm a little relieved to have found so many other people are experiencing this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"