Multiples
Options

Support belt

Did anyone use one later in their pregnancy? Did it help? I never needed one with my singleton but at 20 weeks I already feel like I might with this one later on. Sometimes I'll find myself actually cradling my belly from underneath because it feels heavy. And it's so early!

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

Re: Support belt

• Options
    I've worn one since about 18w. I think its the only way im still working lol.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    If you type in support belt in the search box this is a question that will give you a bunch of really good answers :) it hasn't been asked in a while but it has been in the past! Personally I went to my local med supply place and got an awesome support belt it was only 30$ if I remember correctly. And it's hospital grade so not only was it cheap it was comfortable too. It was thin but it was visable under clothes and it made me hot. I honestly wore it a dozen times if that.

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started getting side pain around 15 weeks and my MFM recommended a support belt. I never needed one with DD and I went to 40w 5d with her. It basically takes the pain away while I'm wearing it. The side pain was bad for about 5-6 weeks and has since improved so I don't wear it much, but I'm sure as I continue to grow Ill need it. I just got the most supportive one they had at Motherhood.
  • Options
    I got one from BRU and I wear it any time I will be doing a lot of walking, even just walking around a store. It really makes a difference for me. I believe I started wearing it around 22 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can't live without mine!! I started wearing it around 22 weeks and wear it every day as long as I'm upright. At this point (32 weeks) I can't stand without it for more than 5 mins!). I've got the Upsie Belly one. I'm in Australia now and managed to get it online for only $30. Plus it's middle of summer here right now, and although it does make me warmer, it's not been significant enough for me to stop wearing it. I *know* it's the only thing that has allowed me to still be so active and mobile!
  • Options
    I just got mine the other day!  I have heard a lot of great things about them!  I can't wait to try mine out at work because I work 12 hour nights and my back usually kills me by the end of the night!  I got mine at the hospital I work at and it cost like $65.00 which I didn't really want to spend that much but if it can keep me working it will be worth it!
    BabyFetus Ticker

TTC SINCE 7/2010, BFP-10/2010 ended in miscarriage 11/2010 : (.....
    Progesterone level 4/2011= 11.29. SA normal. HSG normal.
    8/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 35,
    10/11 Clomid 50mg =BFN progesterone level 31,
    11/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 12,
    12/11 Clomid 50mg=Progesterone 31
    01/12-Break from meds-BFN
    Feb-cd3 blood work FSH(5), AMH(0.56) 02/12 Break....
    03/01/12-Clomid 50mg with IUI #1=BFN.
    04/01/12-Another round of clomid with IUI#2=BFN.
    5/8/12-Diagnostic Laparoscopy-found minimal endometriosis and small fibriod.
    June and July-much needed break
    August-Bravelle 75 with IUI#3- BFN
    September-Bravelle injects with IUI #4-BFP!! MC 10/7/12 : ( Sonohysterogram-Normal
    December- Bravelle(3 good follicles & E2 1252) with IUI#5 BFFN :*(
    July IVF #1- BFP! : )  Beta #1-245, #2- 703, #3- 1655, #4- 3553 YAY!  Praying and Praying this one sticks around!
                      1st U/S scheduled for Aug 23rd!  
    Twins!!
    We are having a BOY & a GIRL !!

• Options
    I started wearing one at about 20 weeks. I was having terrible pelvic pain and then I tripped over DD1 in the kitchen and made the pain 10x worse. I had the Belly Bandit Upsie Belly and wore it till the end. It was expensive but worth it because it was soft and comfortable.

• Options
    I just ordered one from motherhood maternity, I'll let you know how I like it!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got my support belt the other day and it does seem to help. I've only worn it a few times so far, but I've noticed it does help keep the weight of my belly off my back.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"