February 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone baby wearing yet?

LO is two weeks old and 8 1/2 lbs. is it too soon to put her in the ergo? Also, I had a c-section, any tips from BTDT moms have any advice for wearing a baby post C?

Thanks ladies!
DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

Re: Anyone baby wearing yet?

• Options
    I've used my Moby a few times since Willa's been born, and I love it. I keep her very high up on my chest with her little face turned where I can see it. I'm not sure how the Ergo would work, cause I don't have one. :) But so far, I'm loving the baby wearing thing!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have a sling that works great, like a baby hammock :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use the moby and LO is 5 lbs 12 oz and two weeks old
  • Options
    I like the moby/ktan for the first 2 mos or so, then the ergo or a mei tai. Of course, that was with my last baby... This one may be totally different. C/S- you will know pretty quick if it's too early. I was feeling a lot of tugging and back ache at 2 weeks so I had to wait a little longer and try the moby again. Much better. Also, if you notice your bleeding increases, then lay off it and try it again in a week.

• Options
    I am still figuring out my Moby, but we have taken LO on a couple of walks in the Ergo (with the infant insert) and it's working well :) He is 3 weeks old but my due date isn't until this Wednesday... he was 6 lbs 8 oz at the last doctors appointment, probably around 7 lbs now. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

LO is two weeks old and 8 1/2 lbs. is it too soon to put her in the ergo? Also, I had a c-section, any tips from BTDT moms have any advice for wearing a baby post C?

Thanks ladies!

If you have the infant insert, and the bottom of the ergo doesn't irritate or put too much pressure on your incision I say go for it! My SIL used the ergo with her newborn when they were still under 8 lbs with no problems.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've used my Maya ring sling a few times! Saving the ergo for when she's bigger and I don't have to use the annoying infant insert.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies maybe I'll try it in the next few days, I didn't get the infant insert for my ergo because the reviews said it was worthless. And props to anyone using the moby, I could never get the hang of that thing!!
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Options
    I've tried the K'tan a couple of times but I'm not sure he's big enough yet. He feels too low/head too scrunched in, so I may try a blanket under him next time.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD 10.26.15

Garrett Samuel 1.30.14
    Vanessa Ruby 2.21.13
    Joseph Michael (born into Heaven) 6.17.10
    Rae Patricia 4.14.07

• Options
    I haven't been brave enough yet to attempt using the moby. Maybe this week, we'll try it out.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I have a moby but am scared LO is too small.  He was 5lbs, 7oz a week ago.  Not sure what he weighs now.  I've seen both a 5 lb weight minimum and an 8 lb one listed.
  • Options
    I used my moby for the first time yesterday and little man and I both loved it! I was able to get so much done and still snuggle him :) he is a week and a half old and weighs just under 8lbs.
  • Options
    Regarding the NB insert, I haven't personally tried it, but I know some fold up a receiving blanket and put it at the bottom of the moby to lift LO up rather than getting the insert. I believe that allows then to curl up with their legs tucked up under then while in the ergo. Might be worth a try, or a google search?

I've been doing this. Unfortunately, DS2 hasn't taken to the Moby, but he loves the Ergo. I keep trying the Moby every few days, but I do enjoy the ease of the Ergo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just started using the k'tan (had a Moby with my first and never figured it out) and I'm really liking it so far.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    I have J in the Ergo right now, he's snoozing away and I have the use of both of my hands!. I also skipped the infant insert and just have a blanket rolled up under his butt to prop him up higher. He's also 9 pounds, so he's a bit bigger in general. The first time I had him in it at 8 pounds I didn't feel there was enough support, but I was also using a smaller blanket. I'd recommend a fluffy fleece one rather than a thinner receiving blanket. You can also try putting her in sideways, I felt more confident with him that way when he was smaller even though that's not technically how they go in the Ergo.

TTC: 8/11    BFP: 5/13   EDD:2/2/14   Born 1/13/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"