January 2013 Moms
Options

Too much milk

Hi ladies, I need help. Taylor is off of the bottle and is drinking milk from sippies; however, he still loves his milk! He would drink 24oz by lunch if I let him! I'm trying to gradually decrease his intake during the day but it's hard because he won't take more than a sip of water or juice and at times he gets super fussy until I give him milk. He is probably still drinking 24-30oz a day. Has anyone run into this and what did you do? Can I give him 20oz of milk and then give him soy, coconut or almond milk? I know water is really important, so any tips in getting him to drink it? I actually tried putting water in his bottles when he was still attached and he wouldn't even drink it then. Thanks for your help! I'm thinking I'll call our pedi this week if I can't get him down to the right amounts.

ETA: also, his BM's have been really loose and almost newborn like because he's been drinking too much milk, which is how I even realized the issue. My pedi had never told me to limit his intake, and as a FTM I had realized it could be an issue. I was just glad he was off of the bottle. Since I've been cutting it down they are getting better, but it still worries me.

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Too much milk

• Options
    My LO loves milk too, we have limited him to milk three times a day.  We give him water in a sippy cup, and mix it with a tiny bit of toddler juice for flavor.  I know people say no juice, but it is literally such a small amount just to flavor the water.  Since starting this, he has started drinking water more and more, and now we only give him the juice/water mixture with his lunch as a treat. 

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• Options
    We have this issue too and were told only milk at meals and water in between. If he won't take water from the sippy yet could you maybe start watering down the milk he has in between meals with one ounce of water mixed in at a time so eventually those will be just water? Like the sippy will have for ounces milk and one ounce water for a week, then three milk and two water, etc? That's how I got DD used to cows milk from boob milk, by mixing them together for a long time. Don't know if it would work with milk to water but it might?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS would drink milk all day if I let him. But he gets 5-6 oz 3 times a day. Right when he wakes up, at lunch and then before bed. I would like to switch to meal times eventually. As for water, he use to not drink it until I found a good cup for him. He really likes my camelbak or his Playtex trainer straw cup. He also likes to use an open cup with a disposable straw. He thinks he's pretty big drinking from a big person cup.

• Options
    Us too, DS would drink four bottles of 8 oz each of milk if we let him. Currently he gets a 5 oz bottle of milk when he wakes up and before he goes to bed. At daycare they give him a 6 oz bottle of milk (will soon be sippy of milk) at lunch. And she offers him two 5 oz sippys of water throughout the day. He is proving difficult to get him onto sippys of milk instead of bottles. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    I have the complete opposite problem. DD will not drink milk, but pounds back water like it's going out of style...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    DD is usually pretty good about drinking her water, but some days I kind of have to "trick" her into drinking water. She always wants to try what Mommy and Daddy have, so I'll get myself a glass of water, take a sip in front of her, which causes her to want it, then I'll be nice and "share" it with her by pouring the rest into her sippy.

Pregnancy Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I have the complete opposite problem. DD will not drink milk, but pounds back water like it's going out of style...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"