Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Rosy cheeks after nursing

I have noticed that his cheeks get really pink while nursing. Not just on the side he is laying on. Both sides. Does anyone else notice this? He is naturally a warm baby, so he always feels warm to me.

Re: Rosy cheeks after nursing

• My baby's cheeks were getting really rosy too. My doctor said not to worry about it though when I showed her. Then the winter weather hit and her back was getting a little splotchy so I showed my doctor again and she says my daughter has sensitive skin and to start putting aquaphor lotion on her everyday. She also said to limit the number of baths I give my baby. I was doing a bath every night as part of her bed routine, but my doctor said to do them no more than every other day and keep then between 5-10 minutes. Her cheeks are still a little rosy, but not as bad and her back cleared up completely!
  • Thanks! He has se
  • Loading the player...
  • Sensitive splotchy dry skin too. The rosy goes away a while after he nurses and I'm more bothered by it than he is. I'll bring it up at his next dr appt
  • Some of that may just be increased blood flow to the mouth/face from sucking. If it's a problem on the skin, in general, I second the recommendation to use Aquaphor. We bath our LO every 3 days and afterwards slather her head to toe in Aquaphor like a greased pig. Our pedi said she had the nicest skin he'd seen on any baby all winter!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"