TTC after 35
Options

Early ovulation question...

Hello!  I am 39, and my DH and I have been working at this for almost a year...

So I have a question.  I use the CBEFM and very consistently get my peak readings on days 13 and 14.  Last month I got it on day 11, and today was my first testing day of this cycle (Day 6) and I already got a high reading!  Does anyone have any info on early ovulation?  What does it mean, how to fix it, will it hinder my chances, etc...

Thanks!

Re: Early ovulation question...

• Options

Hello fellow Seattleite! I went through the exact same thing. Spent about 6-8 months "just doing it" before I bought a CBEFM. Over 3 months with my CBEFM. I was ovulating on day 9, day 6, and then day 5--before it even asked me for a stick! At first I thought oh, I'm not PG because my timing is all off. But then I started googling "early ovulation" and found several references to decreased ovarian reserve with early ovulation being one indicator. That's pretty much what convinced me to see an RE.

At the same time, I also read that vitamin B6 can help regulate your cycle (luteal phase?) and sure enough, after I started taking B6 (in the month before and after my RE appt. ) I started ovulating around day 13.

It does turn out that my FSH level is starting to get high (9.1) but my real cause of infertility is blocked/malformed tubes. So I'm getting ready for IVF this month and my little CBEFM is collecting dust.

At your age, after trying for a year, I'd definitely recommend seeing an RE ASAP. I've been going to Seattle Reproductive Medicine and am very happy with them.

Forty-something TTC since 12/2007 3 failed IVFs DE cycle #1: BFP then D&E at 12 weeks due to neural tube defect DE cycle #2: Chemical FET #1: BFN Lining issues, pursuing adoption
  • Options
    I had TTC my first child for 5 months, 2 of those months was just winging it and the last 3 using an OPK.  I found that over those three months, I ovulate round day 6-8.  My doctor thought that was obsurd.  Sure enough, the month I got pregnant I ovulated at night on day 6 - had sex - bingo - I got pregnant! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"