August 2014 Moms

Glider Recommendations

We have started looking for a glider for the nursery and I have a feeling that I'm going to have a really hard time finding the perfect one.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.  The following are what we want/don't want:

--Don't want the wooden framed ones or giant puffy country looking recliner type ones
--Want either a reclining seat with a footrest or a matching ottoman
--Want gliding vs rocking & ideally with a swivel as well
--Want the back to be high enough for me to rest my head on (I'm about 5'9"
--Don't want the arms to be too high so my shoulders aren't squished up if I'm using the armrests while nursing
--Don't want to spend a fortune!

Thanks!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Glider Recommendations

• KaleMonsterKaleMonster member
    edited February 2014
    We spent a little bit more than we had originally intended, but we'll be able to use this chair forever, and it matches our living room set:

https://costcocouple.com/synergy-jacob-leather-swivel-glider-recliner/

Since Costco seems to switch its inventory frequently, I'm not sure if it's still in stores.  We bought ours a few weeks ago.

BFP#1 6/27/13  EDD 3/5/14  MC 7/16/13
    BFP#2 11/25/13  EDD 8/4/14

It's a BOY!

Baby Blog

BabyFetus Ticker

• I got mine from BRU. It's a glider that swivels and has a matching ottoman. It was really comfy in the store so I can't wait to get it. It's the Kaci collection Parker glider. The fabric is so soft which I also love. It's on sale right now so my mom jumped on it.

After 6 losses, we are so happy to have our rainbow baby!

• Loading the player...
  • enigmasaraenigmasara member
    edited February 2014
    We just went to a local baby furniture store & sat in a few of the Best Home's chairs.  There was one model that was tall enough for me & it was very comfortable.  I'm thinking I can probably get it cheaper at BBB if I decide to go that route. 

Per your suggestion @katemonster I looked at Costco's website & saw that they had a few options.  We were at Costco earlier today & of course our local store didn't have anything.  I would hate to buy something without sitting in it first.

BRU is definitely on our list of places to hit again.  We went there a few weeks ago to do a quick browse, but will make sure to try out the Kacy gliders when we go back.

Thanks!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I like the Best Home Furnishings story time series chairs. It's best if you test them in person and they have a great selection.
    This is what we have. It sounds like it does everything you describe and it lives in our den since it looks like normal furniture. I forget which model we got, but I'm sure you could find a catalog.
  • We just got a recliner that we can put in our living room when we are done with it in the nursery.  It glides and reclines but does not swivel.  It's kind of large but suits us just fine.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wayfair.com has some cute ones.  Wayfair is actually having a sale on some nursery items today...  Zulily has some in their boutiques every now and then.  I just check their emails in the morning to see what is going on for the day.  Theirs seem to be more trendy -- chevron patterns, etc.  I hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"