Maryland Babies

Forest Hill / Bel Air child care

Hi ladies! I am expecting my first in July and have started looking around for day care centers in the Forest Hill / Bel Air area. Is anyone familiar with these centers??

I spoke with Celebree first, and their price tag floored me. I have submitted inquiries to a few others and have to call a few. I've been consulting my handy dandy Baby Bargains book, which indicates that child care in the most expensive market in the country (Boston) is $15k per year, but what I was quoted adds up to over $17k annually.

Would appreciate any insight from veteran moms out there!

Re: Forest Hill / Bel Air child care

• I'm in Harford County as well and yes child care is very expensive. We had sticker shock as well our first time. We went with an in home provider with our first. Then moved them to a center a few months ago.

I've looked at Celebree, Kiddie Academy, Kindercare, Stonewall in Fallston, child time, Y journey in Riverside.

Also check out https://mdchildcare.org/mdcfc/childcare/choose.html

• Thank you for the info, @jcsntms06! We have looked into Stonewall and Celebree. We are now looking into The Goddard School, ChildTime, and Advent Child Care. I really appreciate your feedback.
  • Loading the player...
  • nikkisun54nikkisun54 member
    edited January 2014

@missusw218 Yes, it is SO expensive! We are in Bel Air and had our DS in Celebree at Lauren Bush from 4 - 6.5 months. It was great, and we LOVED the Infant 1 room teacher. As time went on, I started meeting more moms who went to in home daycares, and wondered if I could find some more autonomy between teachers at a more reasonable cost. After a long and arduous search, we started at an in home about four months ago and it's been great. I actually found out about it through this board! She also takes care of his meals and does diapers/wipes, which is a HUGE cost savings, not to mention saves about a half hour per evening not prepping and labeling everything for the next day.

Funny you should post that about child care expenses in Boston - my friend's brother lives in Boston and they pay $2,600/month for their infant to go to a daycare center there. Seriously?!

If you have any additional questions, feel free to message me. I have a number of girlfriends who are expecting at the moment and have heard about some other women in the area who might have infant openings through the grapevine.

Good luck!

Little T Born 2/26/13
    TTC #2 since August 2014
    BFP #2: 4/15/15 * EDD: 12/19/15 * MMC: 5/7/15
    BFP #3: 7/23/15 * EDD: 3/29/16

• Hi Ladies, I'm in Harford County as well & due in early June. Very interested in, in-home care. I was very shocked at the costs of day care centers. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • @nikkisun54 - completely hijacking this post, but I have wandered on here as I am due in the spring and looking for PT childcare starting this summer.  I live in Bel Air and would love to hear your recommendations for childcare in the area.  Please PM me if you don't mind sharing some info with me!

• Hi ladies! We go to Childtime in Bel Air. We looked at pretty much every center in the area. They were willing to be flexible with my summers off...I didn't want to pay Goddard prices all summer and have him home with me!

If you'd like more details, just let me know!
    Married 6/08, TTC 7/09
    MC w/ D&C 3/11 ~ 9.5 weeks
    CP/MC 1/12 ~ 5 weeks
    2 IUI's w/ BFN
    IVF 6/12 ~ 8R, 0F ~ Rescue ISCI gave us 3dt of 2 (6 cell, 9+ cell)
    DS born ~ 3/3/13
    IVF 6/14 ~ Operation Sibling ~ 10R, 5F ~ 5dt of 1 Blast
    Beta 1: 1600+, Beta 2: 4588
    Everyone Welcome!
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker image

• We just moved to Fallston our kids go to Goddard in White Marsh, same owners as the one in Forrest Hill.  I love the one in White Marsh.  We looked at Stonewall and we so wanted to love it because it is basically in our new neighborhood but it seemed rundown to us.  A lot of teens working in the afternoon, only one degreed teacher per room.  I went into the infant room and a baby was on the floor leaning against a boppy pillow drinking a bottle without supervision or being held.  I pointed it out to the teacher who said that was not normal but they had to tend to the other babies and knew she could do it.  Goddard just seemed nicer, but I would love to hear first-hand experience with stonewall. Goddard is more expensive but I also think they are more education focused and hire more degreed teachers which costs more.  This is good for older kids I don’t know what an infant would get out of it. I have not met a teacher that I did not like and I have been very impressed all around.   My son is 19 months and daughter is almost 4<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"