February 2014 Moms

ZAngel's Birth Story (c-section)

I had a scheduled c-section on Monday morning and this was BY FAR the best c-section experience I've ever had.  I really enjoyed the planned aspect of the morning because it was so calm.  We arrived at the hospital around 5:30am on Monday.  Actually, it was closer to 5:45am but since we brought breakfast, the nurses didn't give us a hard time.  :lol:  The nurses got me changed into that lovely fashionista gown and started taking my vitals.  The blood pressure was a bit low so they brought the anesthesiologist in so we could discuss some different meds I would be given during the surgery.  While we were waiting for my doctor to arrive, I cut jokes with most of the nurses and everything was going so well.  At 7:20am they walked me back to the OR and started the spinal process.  I couldn't feel a thing and the anesthesiologist and nurses talked to me the entire time.  The worst part was the cold but after getting a nice warm blanket, I was in heaven.

So, I'm laying flat and can feel my legs instantly going numb.  The spinal did move up to my chest.  It was pressure but I didn't freak out because I knew it was coming.  I received a few meds and within minutes the doctors were there and cutting.  They brought DH in at the same time and I was just listening to everyone talk and waiting.  This hospital has a big monitor above my head where I could see the baby warming/cleaning area.  After some MAJOR pulling and pushing (he was a big boy), our Austin was born at 7:55am.  They brought him over to the warming area and I got to watch the entire time on the monitor.  That was such a wonderful experience.. I had so many happy tears!  I watched them bundle Austin and they brought him right to me while I was being stitched up.  DH took Austin to the recovery room while they finished cleaning me.  When I arrived we immediately did skin to skin and I attempted to breastfeed.  This wasn't what I was expecting because I thought the c-section process would be much worse (like last time) and would have to pump.  The nurses tried to help me breastfeed but we weren't having a lot of luck getting him to latch so we decided to snuggle instead.  When I got to my actual room, we tried breastfeeding again.  The nurses and LC were so helpful but eventually we decided to use a shield.  This helped quite a bit so I went back and forth between breastfeeding (when he would allow) and pumping.  We're still struggling with this now but it's getting better and I'm so happy I decided to give BF another try.  Overall, the recovery hasn't been too bad.  I got up the next morning and started walking around, showered, etc.  This time I also decided to take stool softeners and gas pills along with the pain meds.  I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone having a c-section.  I had to ask for the colace and Gas X but it has made such a big difference in the recovery.

We are so blessed to have our little man with us and the other kids absolutely LOVE him.  Everything is perfect :)

Sorry... that was long.  Here is the best part.  Austin Levi - 8lbs, 12oz and 21.5" long
BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
imageimage
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: ZAngel's Birth Story (c-section)

• Congrats!!!!
  • Congratulations! I'm glad you had a good experience!
  • Loading the player...
  • My little one's mn is going to be Levi too :). Congratulations on your big healthy boy!
  • Congratulations! He's handsome
  • Oh he's just perfect!! I am so so happy for you ZAngel. Congratulations to you and your family!

BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
    BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
    BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
    BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
    BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Congrats! He really is adorable!!

• Awe what a cutie. Congrats!
  • Congrats!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Congratulations!! He's so handsome! I'm so glad your c-section experience was a positive one this time around! Hope BF continues to improve and everyone continues to settle and recover well
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations! It sounds like you had a great birth experience.

• Congrats! He's adorable!
  • congrats

*BFP m/c  *BFP b/g twins *S/B 20w  *BFP DS A  1-12-12  *BFP m/c  *BFP m/c  *BFP *It's a boy again* EDD 2-5-14

• He looks like such a little gentelman! Glad you had a pleasant experience. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Congrats glad it went well!
  • Congratulations! He's so handsome. Glad you're recovering well.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats! He's adorable!
    Married July 2008
    IVF started Jan. 2013, 14 retrieved, 9 mature, 6 fertilized
    BFP #1: 3/18/13 MMC at 5 weeks
    BFP #2: 6/10/13  Thank God for our precious daughter! She's more than I could have asked for!

• Congratulations!! He is a cutie!
  • What a handsome boy! Congrats on a great experience too.
    BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
    TTC #1 since 1/10
    DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
    5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
    8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
    8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
    4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
    RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
    We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • Congratulations on your little guy! He is  adorable!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

• Congratulations!
    Started TTC Summer 2008~ Started with RE Summer 2009~ October 2010 IUI-positive HPT & beta, c/p~ Natural pregnancy March 2013, m/c at 7 weeks, Trisomy 16~ Natural pregnancy June 2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats!! So glad you had a great experience and are enjoying this time with your sweet boy!

Baby GIRL K is on the way! <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congratulation!!
  • Congrats! I had a similar experience this time around and recovery has been a breeze. Hope it's the same for you!
  • Thank you ladies! :)

@bribbon I did bring the meds with me and asked the first nurse if I could start taking them when she brought me the pain medication.  The nurse didn't want me taking my own meds from home (they like to monitor what you are taking, how much and how often) so she called my doctor and had her write an order for stool softeners and gas meds.  They were able to add them to my pain management routine and brought them to me as the doctor directed.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • He's so cute! Look at all that hair! Congrats. Glad you had such a good experience.
  • Glad the experience was a good one and he looks like such a sweetie! And such perfect skin!! Gorgeous! :)
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Congrats!! He's adorable!

Lilypie - (jCE1)

Lilypie - (mQ2I)

Daisypath - (hLYb)

• I am so glad that everything was so much easier this go around. I feel the same way about my RCS. I also second your recommendation for stool softeners and gasx! Your son is adorable and I love his name!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"