Parenting

Share your favorite salad or veggie "recipe"

Trying to make more salads and veggies... Anything share worthy?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Share your favorite salad or veggie "recipe"

• Loading the player...
  • Parsnip, carrot and turnip chopped into bite sized pieces. Toss with EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic and Italian Seasoning. Add juice of 1/2 lemon. Roast at 400 for 40 mins turning halfway.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• This is our easy comfort food one - tastes like mashed potatoes. We get frozen garlic cauliflower, it's one of those steamfresh kinds, microwave according to instructions and then throw it in the food processor or blender with some milk and just a little butter if you want it creamier. It's yummy.
    imageimage
  • Steam thin green beans and toss them with a cooked mixture of soy sauce, butter, salt and pepper.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Toss red pepper, asparagus, red onion and green pepper on EVOO and balsamic vinegar and roast at 400 for 25 to 30 mins

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• caramelized brussels sprouts. Toss them with olive oil, brown sugar, salt and pepper and roast them in the oven.
    We do this with asparagus too, though we don't usually use brown sugar for either.
    I had always roasted them with just a little seasoning until DD discovered a recipe with brown sugar. It's less healthy, but damn, they tasted so good. I can't go back now.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • https://www.horsesandheels.com/best-brussels-sprouts/
    This recipe is great. I added about 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese to the bread crumbs.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• DreadLocDreadLoc member
    edited February 2014
    roasted veggies are the best.

i love this recipe but i do use sliced zucchini as my lasagna noodles and make it a layered dish.  super filling, simple, and you can eat breadsticks without feeling the guilt of eating ALL the carbs.

eta: including the recipe would be nice, right?

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Zucchini and squash. I cook them 2 ways. Either baked in the oven with a little bit of olive oil and parmesan cheese OR mix them with diced tomatoes and onion and cook them on the stove top. 
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Another vote for zucchini and squash. And red and/or green peppers and onions. Slice everything up, spray and toss w/ EVOO, add sea salt, pepper and thyme. Throw in microwavable bowl and steam until tender. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Who ever said Brussels Sprouts are gross is WRONG. We just had them last night-yum! You can steam them, then add butter and lemon juice. Last night I seared them in 1Tb each butter and olive oil for 2 mins. Then added 1/4C chicken stock and salt and put alid over the pan for 4 mins. Mmmmm

I also love roasted veggies. Sweet potatoes, white potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, parsnips, drizzled in olive oil. Add shallots and sliced garlic too.

In the summer, I like to roast zuchini. I slice them in little rounds, dip them in bread crumbs mixed with ground parm and thyme, then baked them, turning once.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • One of my favorites is a mozzarella and tomato salad.  Just mix up some fresh mozzarella and cherry tomatoes in a little balsamic and olive oil.  Season with fresh basil and a little salt and pepper.  I could eat it all day!  Quick to make too.
  • bok choy stir fried in garlic and red pepper flakes

I love bok choy. I add onions, mushrooms & olive oil.

• Roasted and grilled anything - toss with EVOO, salt, pepper and whatever else you like (like dill) and away you go. Last night it was beets, carrots and parsnips chopped and tossed with EVOO, salt, pepper and dill in the oven at 300 for about 45 minutes. Usually you roast at a higher temp but I was doing braised short ribs so the oven was set lower. On the grill I like red peppers, zucchini and mushrooms chopped and tossed with EVOO, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar and grilled in a grill basket. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"