February 2014 Moms

Postpartum swelling?

I know swelling is normal-I was just wondering roughly how long it lasts. I'm 6days pp, and woke up with more swelling than I've seen yet. DH was worried, but I know it's to be expected.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

Re: Postpartum swelling?

• Are you taking Motrin? I was swollen in hospital but once it went away, it was gone. Padsickles!
  • I thought you were talking all-over swelling until I read PeachLove's response and realized I never had a vaginal birth and that maybe that's all you were talking about. If it's all-over swelling you are talking about, I had it bad after DS. It lasted at least a week and definitely got worse before it got better.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have it horrible this time around. 10 days pp and it's only gotten worse in my feet/ankles/calves. My face and arms are better as of a few days ago, according to my DH. I would love to know the normal timeframe for it going away too! I can barely walk, and shoes? Forget them. Annoying and painful!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD 10.26.15

Garrett Samuel 1.30.14
    Vanessa Ruby 2.21.13
    Joseph Michael (born into Heaven) 6.17.10
    Rae Patricia 4.14.07

• I guess I didn't specify location! Most of my swelling is in my feet. I still have swelling issues occasionally in the lady bits, but for the most part, that has gotten bearable. I sat on an inflatable donut for a couple days, and a pillow for a couple days-but am finally sitting (on soft surfaces) mostly normally. Glad to know a couple weeks for the feet swelling is normal. I probably overdid it a bit yesterday, which probably didn't help.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Junebugz1 said:

I had bad swelling from knee down for a couple of weeks.

Me too. I asked the nurses while I was still in the hospital and my ob, all said its normal.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Drink lots of water! Also prop your feet up as often as you can. My swelling went away by day 7 but I had also been doing what I just said.
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I swelled up worse PP than while I was pregnant! Mine was in my ankles and feet, and my lady parts. It went away over the course of a few days, but I had some major cankles going on for awhile.

Dr said it was all normal and a result of birth/all the fluids they pumped into me during labor. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"