Maryland Babies
Options

Carroll County day care

Does anyone have recommendations for at home day care services in CC for infants? Preferably in the Eldersburg or Sykesville area. I've been reasearching day care centers and haven't been too impressed or they are just too pricy! Any services in OM or Resiterstown work too. Thanks!!

Re: Carroll County day care

• Options
    depends on age of your child---are you looking for an infant? those are hard to find.  I have a preschooler that is doing great in a christian church-based daycare (but it's two and up) and best kept secret--- they are a lot more reasonably priced than the commercial outfits because they are non-profit.  Even if you aren't christian, I would still recommend a church or synagogue based daycare, hands down.  Whatever you do, check out the state of maryland department of education's child care inspection results website.  The nature and number of violations should help you decide.
  • Options
    Thanks! Yes, I'm currently looking for either a center or a reputable at home provider for infants. Definitely a difficult search so far!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Very difficult in the Carroll area. I was unable to find an in-home in Hampstead that was accepting infants. I have my son at Shiloh Stepping Stones, which is in Hampstead, so a bit further out than you are looking for. But we absolutely adore it there. However, it is much more pricey than an in-home. 
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options
    I live in the Reisterstown area and we have a great in home day care provider. It's Alternative to ABC Family Childcare. Feel free to send me a message if you need more info.
  • Options
    Not sure if you are still searching but do not use Robin's Little Rascals in Reisterstown/Owings Mills.  I came early and didn't "call" as they asked and found both women asleep on the couch and all of the kids locked upstairs in a room.  They said "we deserve breaks too".  I reported them to the state, they are still in business, it is sad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"