Parenting

DD update

So things are finally becoming "the new normal"---We got released last week only for Reese to be readmitted on Friday for an infection. The antibiotics was lowering her blood pressure so she had to stay at the PICU for one night...scariest night of my life. We were back on the oncology floor on Saturday and got released this past Wednesday.

Due to her medicine and being in the hospital---Reese has not wanted to walk much. She will be going to physical therapy; her medicine can cause low muscle tone and just being in the hospital---she didn't want to get out of bed. It was incredibly painful to see---she seemed to be going through toddler depression. In the hospital she didn't smile or laugh or giggle anymore---she didn't want to play with her toys; no matter which ones we gave her. She didn't want to go to the playroom. 

In the 48 hours since we have been home (for good!) she is doing wonderfully. She is attempting to walk again and wants to play with her toys. She is laughing and smiling and excited about things again. We hope we won't see the inside of a hospital for a LONG time. We do have weekly doctors appointments---next Tuesday we have a spinal tap and a bone marrow aspiration to check and see if she is in remission. Once the initial 29 days of treatment are over; depending what they see in the bone marrow and spine they will decide what is the next phase of chemo.

DH and I have been updating a Facebook page with daily updates and pictures for Reese:

I try to update it every night. 

We want to thank everyone for your pm's, cards, gifts, generosity and thoughts and prayers. It means so much to our family. :)
My daughter is my hero.

Re: DD update

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"