Illinois Babies
Options

Adventist hinsdale vs Edwards hospital?

Any thoughts/opinions?

Re: Adventist hinsdale vs Edwards hospital?

• Options
    I was actually debating the same thing... I took a tour of the hospitals and both seemed great... Both are Level III.  Is there an OB that you're seeing which delivers at both?
  • Options
    my OB is affiliated with Hinsdale  we r touring at both next weekend so lets c. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never been to Adventist, but both of my birth experiences at Edward were fabulous! From the nurses to the billing department, everyone was great to work with. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
  • Options
    Who was your OB?
  • Options
    I loved delivering at Edwards!
  • Options
    katstirdivantkatstirdivant member
    edited January 2014
    I delivered downtown at Prentice with my daughter and would give it a B- or C.
    This time I will deliver at Edward and though I haven't delivered there before, we went to Edward for lactation assistance and support groups since we had just moved out to the suburbs.  I practically proposed to the woman who was our lactation consultant and was amazed at some of the really nice things (free valet for you, 15 min massage everyday you are in mother/baby, awesome support group, run by nurses, that meets for all moms with babies birth-6mo and it is completely FREE!!).  They really seem to support the moms well.
    The free support group is called Cradle Talk and it was a lifesaver for me.  Also includes bi-monthly breastfeeding support and bi-monthly counseling services for those struggling with PP depression or just stress!
    I cannot speak to Hinsdale, but I am really looking forward to delivering at Edward.
  • Options
    I had a wonderful experience at Edward!! Would totally recommend them in a heartbeat!! We were so impressed by their attention and service that we had to write a letter to the director to give kudos to the staff. They were amazing!
  • Options
    Glad to hear all ofGY these nice things about Edward!  My doctor, Dr. Frangella, is great and I am set to deliver there in May!  Now do you guys have any recs for pediatricians?  
  • Options
    Yeah! I love Dr. Frangella - so glad you found her. We've used a couple of different pediatricians in the DMG - what a are you looking for? Location? Gender?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
  • Options
    I heard a lot of positive feedback about Hinsdale. The staff is also nice to the dads too!
  • Options
    I'm going to Hinsdale for that beautiful brand new birthing center and the awesome MW group that works out of it
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"