February 2014 Moms
Options

Water broke! Headed to L&D (cjmFeb2014) UPDATE baby is here!

cjmFeb2014cjmFeb2014 member
edited February 2014 in February 2014 Moms
Holy crap ladies, how much freakin' fluid is in there? Gosh! (; I'm sitting on a big wadded up towel as hub drives to the hospital. Big wadded up towels are not particularly comfy when shoved into one's crotch but I suspect soon I'll have other things to complain about! (; Will update as possible!

UPDATE

My WombNinja has escaped the womb! Full name still being decided. Born last night 2/8/14 at 10:54 pm PST. 19.5 in long, 7lbs 5.2 oz, 14 in head circumference. Natural vaginal delivery (holy fuck it hurt like hell for hours) with only two tiny tears up top, no stitches needed. Hooray! Stings when I pee though. Baby's doing well, I got to watch him being birthed as I pushed. So surreal. Apgars 8 then 9, robust cry, nursed within the first hour with the help of nipple shields (my nips are kinda flat).

We're absolutely in love. Might get to go home tomorrow night though likely staying until Monday just to make sure he's free of infection from GBS. Technically I was 38 and a half weeks, but we'll see what the pediatrician says tomorrow - the baby nurse and my midwife both said he looks more like a 36-weeker, something about his skin being really smooth (feet and palms not as wrinkled as expected).

Whatever, he's here, and no NICU needed, and... I'm so tired. Might post a longer version of the birth story later, or not. Just happy he's here. I'm attaching my last-ever bump pic taken yesterday morning as we were headed to the hospital, one I took before contractions amped up to show off my cool MJ glove (Shamone!), and one of me and baby. Hope all is well for the rest of you amazing mamas!

Meh sideways pics. Oh well.

Re: Water broke! Headed to L&D (cjmFeb2014) UPDATE baby is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"