December 2011 Moms

Two Thing Thursday :)

1. What personal goals do you have for yourself?

2. How often do you call your mom/parents?

Re: Two Thing Thursday :)

• 1. I read on a blog about a mom who didn't loose sight of her personal goals after she had kids, and I think mine have flown out the window. I totally got into this mode where all I cared about was DS. I am still there a little bit, but I'm working on it. Before him, I wanted to get my LPA credential (Licensed Public Accountant  - what you can get after 2 years). I passed the exam but need 4, or something, years of experience to actually receive the documents. I would like to be able to say I achieved something.

2. I probably call my mom once a week if that. I have nothing important to say, really! I try to get over to her house every other week. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Damn T way to make me feel like the underachiever that I am. I graduated in the top of my nursing school class but I have no desire to be a nurse anymore. Goals???? Keep my kids alive and my husband somewhat happy??? geez I have no goals.

I don't call my mom enough. She is hard of hearing so it's frustrating.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • 1. What personal goals do you have for yourself?

Right now it is to run a 5K in around 25 minutes.  We have a 5K run at our work conference at the beginning of March and last year I came in 3rd overall (26 min 20 seconds).  This year I want to do better!  I was 10 seconds from 2nd last year and a minute from first!  So I've been in training for a month now. 
    Not often.  My mom died about 10 years ago and I don't have the best relationship with my dad.  He's very quiet and we don't have a ton to talk about so its awkward when I call.  However, my inlaws are great and when they're in town (they travel a ton) we see them/talk to them probably every other day. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Right now, I'm in a 'get fit' mode. I need to take better care of myself and exercise more often, even though I hate it! The other one for the moment is to do more stuff I like. Dh has plenty of hobbies that he does regularly and I want to get back to what I like and make time for it.

I talk to my mom almost every day, usually more than once. We don't always get along but we always have plenty to talk about! ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • -T- said:
    1. What personal goals do you have for yourself?

Be the best mom and wife I can be and enjoy every moment in life. 

We skype with my parents every Saturday morning!

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"