Parenting
Options

Using amazon prime?

We have amazon prime but other than watching some shows on the kindle and free shipping don't use it much. What features am I missing out on? Any tips or favorites? I suck at technology but feel like I'm wasting money by not taking advantage of all it has to offer! TIA!
imageimage

Re: Using amazon prime?

• Options
    I find the free shipping pays for itself. You can also borrow a book from the lending library once a month.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    Do you watch shows on your tv? We've never tried that.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They have more episodes of Daniel Tiger than netflix--that in itself is a win.

We use it for free shipping a lot of times---the 2 day shipping can't be beat. I absolutely love it. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    We watch on the TV. I just started getting a free kindle book a month (they give you 4 to choose from). The free shipping is well worth it by itself.
    A: 3.07
    G: 6.10
    L: 11.13

• Options
    +1 for addicted to Prime. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yup. We watch TV shows through the Xbox.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    I love prime shipping so much. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Options
    Love prime! Just played 2 separate orders today!

Apparently if you price things out they have a lot of toiletries at great prices.
  • Options
    Subscribe & save. We save 20% on everything because we have at least five items delivered every month. I use the lending library for Kindle and the Prime streaming for shows. I also love free two day shipping.
  • Options
    I get text alerts for the Kindle Special Offers. I got a Sodastream last month for only $20.

I also just downloaded a free book through Kindle First. I just copied the explanation:

Known as Kindle First, the new program announced Friday offers a select number of titles that cost $1.99 for regular buyers but are free to Prime members. Here's how it works, according to Amazon:

Each month, editors at Amazon Publishing choose certain books from among Kindle's most popular categories. Those books are available one month ahead of their official release
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    I am obsessed with A prime. Not only do you get mostly free and super speedy shipping on things, but you can get seriously deep discounts as well. 

If you are a reader then prime gives you a deep discount on e-books, plus gives you access to the Lending Library, where you can "rent" free books monthly. You also have the ability to "lend" books to other Kindle users. 

If you are into movies/tv then Prime gives you access to tons of movies and shows - some are free, some you have to rent/purch. Generally speaking though there is a good amount of options on here, and it tends to be much more recent than Netflix, and has a larger selection than Hulu. If there are shows that you know you will watch the entire season of, you can purchase a season pass for a discount off the individual episode price. Also these can be watched on mobile devices/game systems so they are accessible anywhere.

Also, you can take advantage of Amazon Mom, which if free with Prime. This sets you up with discounts on baby products and has a subscription service where you have have supplies regularly shipped to you. 

I'll be honest, the $79 fee is totally worth it for me. I do a lot of shopping on amazon, and quickly made my money back.

“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor, Season 3, Episode 6

Dating Since: 2/13/05 * Married Since: 9/8/12 

• Options
    klondikebarklondikebar member
    edited February 2014
    @JerseySprouts I signed up for the Special Offer text alerts as an option during a special offer. Here's a link from amazon about signing up for the limited time offer alert texts:

If you have an eligible Kindle or Kindle Fire and are not already subscribed to Special Offers, you can subscribe at no charge. You can unsubscribe at any time with no additional cost.

1. Visit Manage Your Kindle .
    2. Under Your Kindle Account, click Manage Your Devices.
    3. Click your device to display more information.
    4. Next to Special Offers, click Edit, and then click Subscribe. The next time you connect your Kindle device wirelessly, it will complete the process of subscribing your device to Special Offers.

If you have a Kindle Fire, visit www.amazon.com/exclusivefireoffers to sign up for text notifications for upcoming deals.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"